Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 04:01 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
President Obama really does not know what he is doing- Honestly - the people actually think that the guy is bright because he managed to make it too the big chair.
I believe President Obama's personal opinion on gay marriage is in line with a majority of people in the USA. At least that's what's indicated in survey after survey after survey. Rather than being out-of-step with those who he leads he's at the same mind-set. Congratulations to him for not expressing extremist viewpoints. Mainstream. Moderate. That's him and why he'll be re-elected in 2012.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:02 PM

5,334 posts, read 4,423,566 times
If we believe, as I do, in as much personal liberty as is possible, then the government CANNOT be in the business of supervising the intimate lives of consenting adults.

If we as Christians are bound by the rules of Scripture, then we have a perfect right to choose how we live. And we are called to pray for those who do not choose The Way.
We are NOT called to use human law as a bludgeon to force biblical standards of moral living on anyone.

IF we insist on condemning the President for this stand, then we MUST insist that ALL Americans who commit all TYPES OF SEXUAL SIN as defined in Scripture be treated the same. Are we ready to enforce THAT by law?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So let me get this straight.......Obama in 1996 offered "unequivocal" support of gay marriage in the Illinois legislature.......then when Obama ran for president in 2008 he opposed gay marriage.......and now he is once again for gay marriage.

The Democrats want us to believe this is evolving and not flip flopping?
It's really more of a lie than a flip flop. As in, he was lying in 2008 because he thought he needed to in order to win.

665 posts, read 1,243,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So let me get this straight.......Obama in 1996 offered "unequivocal" support of gay marriage in the Illinois legislature.......then when Obama ran for president in 2008 he opposed gay marriage.......and now he is once again for gay marriage.

The Democrats want us to believe this is evolving and not flip flopping?
no he didnt a staffer filled out his form and put that,but obama dids not hold that position.

he is not on tape saying he supported gay marriage.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:03 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
If Obama thinks of a way to get out the hispanic vote .One way would be to add spanish officially our second national langauge .
Heck, he may even have the Mexican flag next to ours at his next press conference. Anything to get votes and win back any who may not like this.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:06 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,754,711 times
He's right. Go Obama!

Old 05-09-2012, 04:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
If we believe, as I do, in as much personal liberty as is possible, then the government CANNOT be in the business of supervising the intimate lives of consenting adults.

If we as Christians are bound by the rules of Scripture, then we have a perfect right to choose how we live. And we are called to pray for those who do not choose The Way.
We are NOT called to use human law as a bludgeon to force biblical standards of moral living on anyone.

IF we insist on condemning the President for this stand, then we MUST insist that ALL Americans who commit all TYPES OF SEXUAL SIN as defined in Scripture be treated the same. Are we ready to enforce THAT by law?
I agree with you but then we have the "gay way" taught in schools and our kids have to learn what everyone does in their bedroom instead of the other courses they need. No wonder our kids are failing.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM

912 posts, read 1,331,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
WASHINGTON — President Obama on Wednesday ended nearly two years of “evolving” on the issue of same-sex marriage by publicly endorsing it in a television interview, taking a definitive stand on one of the most contentious and politically charged social issues of the day.

“At a certain point, I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama told ABC News in an interview that came after the president faced mounting pressure to clarify his position.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/us...-be-legal.html

Wow, whoever is advising Obama....Thank you, you're the gift that keeps on giving. Oh my gosh, this is so stupid! There goes North Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Nevada, possibly Colorado...this might even put New Mexico in play. Are they trying to lose? Keep it up, it works for us!

It works for me as well,I will never vote for Obama .

Old 05-09-2012, 04:09 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
Default Obama Backs Gay Marriage

First Read - Obama: 'I think same-sex couples should be able to get married'

I would have preferred he not floated the trial ballon and that his metamorphosis was a bit more courageous and less cautious... But we're there. Gay marriage will be a nationwide reality. Civil rights for all. Good.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So, he is giving up on votes of the religious fanatics, authoritarians he never had.

And hispanics who this has already been proven to be a BIG issue for. Any hope he had of carrying North Carolina or Virginia again was blown by this. It just makes no sense to come out on this issue now. His supporters always knew he was for it, but those who needed to rationalize voting for him again still could...now, not so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies