Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,769,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
The orignal manuscripts were written in Hebrew & Greek

if you had ever opened to page ONE in the King Jimmy's Bible you would find out that it has been DILIGENTLY TRANSLATED FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS

I guess this proves to everyone here - you never even looked at PAGE ONE!
I've heard Sharia can also also be traced back to it... but then, Sharia laws has a similar take on gay marriage. No?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

17,290 posts, read 29,352,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
Fine, take that up with someone of the Jewish faith.

Christians received a new coventent with Jesus and thus the New Testament laws usurp the requirements laid out in the old Testament.

Again:

If Christians can "opt out" of Jewish laws, then Christians should fully understand that non-Christians are not beholden to THEIR laws and definitions of righteous living!

Perhaps, then, the definition of marriage = one man, one woman should apply only to CHRISTIANS, and everyone ELSE can have what they want!

You can't have it both ways!

(BTW: Early Christian orthodoxy prohibited the charging of interest on loans. It was actually Jewish people who continued to charge interest, even where Christians were forbidden. Jews became rich off the practice, because they were able to do what Christians could not).

14,917 posts, read 13,078,020 times
Quote:
There is one aspect of life that unites, controls, and affects all people. That one aspect is life's natural laws. They unite, control and affect people no matter what their race, gender, creed, or where on this planet they live.

Whoever or whatever is the creator revealed nature's law of right action. The law calls for people to be rational and honest not only regarding laws of physics but also in their thinking and behavior toward one another.

The law, itself, is the final arbiter of right action. It states: Right action gets right results whether it relates to laws of physics or to the law of behavior.

Ordinarily people unknowingly have been conducting their relationships to satisfy their purposes; not the purposes of the creator of natural laws. Such behavior explains why the earth's population has never been peacefully united and controlled nor favorably affected.

Do people intentionally refuse to meet the requirements of laws of physics: gravity for instance? No, they try their best to keep their balance or safely recover it whenever necessary.

Scriptures record the first wrong action of the created beings was their disobedience. It ended the perfect situation that had existed and resulted in the predicted penalties. More shockingly the admonition to obey ended with these words, "or you will surely die." Whether those accounts are actual or symbolic, they illustrate mankind's continuing behavioral problems from the past and today.

Obeying nature's law of right action unites people, giving them the benefits that then control and favorably affect their lives, and may void that final admonition, "or you will surely die."
You're talking about your own hate, bigotry, and mistreatment of others here, right?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,748,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Question: Was the original bible written in English?

(interestingly enough, King James, of the KJV version of the Bible, was a bisexual).
Theories abound that King James' sexuality had a lot to do with certain nuances of that translation.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,498,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
Fine, take that up with someone of the Jewish faith.

Christians received a new coventent with Jesus and thus the New Testament laws usurp the requirements laid out in the old Testament.
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

See this is why religion is so ridiculous. This is why believing things without evidence is so detrimental. All of it is up to people's interpretation. With that, it really has no meaning. Christians in many parts of the US continue to fight to keep the 10 commandments in public spaces but others will claim that they no longer ascribe to the old testament...The new testament can be interpreted as saying jesus isn't changing anything. It's all nonsense.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
The orignal manuscripts were written in Hebrew & Greek

if you had ever opened to page ONE in the King Jimmy's Bible you would find out that it has been DILIGENTLY TRANSLATED FROM THE ORIGINAL MANUSCRIPTS

I guess this proves to everyone here - you never even looked at PAGE ONE!

Seriously dude, you need a religion class in a University.

Page one of the KJV includes... what, a certification of Horace the monk that "the following text has been diligently translated from Hebrew and Greek?"

There are actually people on this board who KNOW Hebrew and Greek, and I'm sure they can point out many instances of mis- or bad translations, especially where certain Hebrew or Greek words have no easily translated single word correlation in English!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
North Carolina = liberal? Since when?! It's deep south all the way. It flipped for Obama merely because of black people... who are NOT known for being socially liberal. They are by and large economically liberal, but side by side a white social conservative and black person will share far more social beliefs outside the "race" realm!

There's an interesting map going around the web. Counties with college educated people voted against the amendment. (The liberals).

The liberals are simply outnumbered, but prove that with education, comes social liberal perspective. Might be why republicans and religions seek to keep people stupid, so they can control them easier.
uhm

north carolina has been soldily democrat for the last 150 years

liberals out number republican in NC

that is fact...I used to live there, when I had registered to vote and said I was republican (at the time) they said you are part of the minority.."your a rarity son"

I would really confuse them (or make them laugh) when they would say "you a yankee"...and I would reply.."nope, I'm a Mets fan"

Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,338,168 times
Quote:
So it seems to me, if Christians feel they can ignore laws because those laws are meant to apply only to Jews.... then Christians should also believe and respect the perspective that those outside of Christianity should be able to marry as they please.

Right?

Of course, just as half the Jews in my office have no problem eating a ham sandwich, there will always be Christians who are gay who will want to get married, but that's between them and their religion. Not the government.
We don't "ignore" them, they aren't relevant. Period.

We can't simply ignore sin in the world, we are told to be disiples and spread the truth the Jesus delvered to us. We don't have the option to sit back and let gov't policy encourage immorale behavior. That it the reason it was the Christian chuch in America that lead the charge against slavery. It was wrong to sit back and "respect other's POV" in this case because it was counter to God's law.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,498,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

that is fact...I used to live there

Old 05-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

that is fact...I used to live there

Good god. Another one who slept through history class.

1992: NC = Red
1996: NC = Red
2000: NC = Red
2004: NC = Red
2008: NC = Blue (Obama)

As for Democrats being in power for "150 years," read up on the "Dixiecrats" and how they came to be the face of the new Republican Party in the 20th century. Especially after places like North Carolina (which was at the forefront of imposing Jim Crow era laws) started to get told what to do by a bunch of liberals from the Northeast.

If LIBERALS outnumbered REGRESSIVES in North Carolina, then the gay marriage amendment wouldn't have passed! Social LIBERALS are for EXPANSION of rights, not RESTRICTION of rights!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies