Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I know. I guess they are just overplaying their cards.
Just how many gay men do you know personally?
I'd wager I know far more than you.
But, thanks for playing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 05:29 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
From the first page: The Bible speaks about sexual immorality in many places, and it defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman. Any kind of sex (gay or straight) outside of that man-woman union is considered 'sexual immorality', which is sinful.
Can you refer me to a passage? It doesn't matter to me personally as I don't hold this or any holy book in any authority but I'd like to read the actual passage that makes that claim in context.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:33 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmm.......neither do any of the gay men I know.
-shrugs-
Obviously, we have had different experiences. My son's uncle (unfortunately died of aids) was gay. He was my best friend and he was very low key, always dressed to the 9's, looking and smelling good. It's all about dignity and presentation of one's self. It's the flaming queens and the butchy females that create the negative misconceptions. JMO.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:36 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I know that there are a couple of loose lines in the bible that refer to men laying with men but why does that translate into gays not marrying? Why do you believe in those 2-3 sentences literally? Why do you ignore your religion in regards to things like women not wearing pants, no tattoos, wearing mixed fabric clothes, stoning unruly kids etc..? It's makes absolutely no sense.
Don't forget the Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos, and pagans as well. They all oppose it.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:39 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because Conservative Christians are notoriously ignorant about what the Bible says, and they misuse 5 out of 37,000+ Biblical verses from thousands of years ago to attack a modern day concept that didn't exist in Biblical days.

Apparently they think hating gay people is what Jesus would do and will score them brownie points. Of course, he said the exact opposite, that mistreating outcasts will bring judgement against those who make a mockery of his name.
There ya go, throwing your feces at Christians again.

And you wonder why Christians want nothing to do with you.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The polls are fooling you.

The truth is it repeatedly fails at the ballot box - even in California they had to cheat to get around the vote.
Naw, the Evangelicals and Catholics are fooling you sweetie.

Time will weed out the fools. It happens. Certain so called "Christians" should've picked one of the old testament religions if they didn't want these contradictions. Their ignorance isn't my problem.

Can't fix what's already broke.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:45 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Cherry picking as usual.

Christ said nothing about homosexuals. He did say to love one another though. Guess they forgot that part.

If by "cherry picking" you mean common sense, I agree.

The Bible makes clear that God's design for human sexuality was complete when Adam met Eve.

"So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, 'This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."

Genesis 2:21-24

Bible on the Web Search

Note no mention of "Steve".

Nature herself makes clear that there are two sexes for a reason.

It is by sexual reproduction that we as a species not only exist but continually change to adapt to the world we live in.

Now it's none of my business what two homosexuals do for fun, but let's not pretend it's anything which serves any real purpose in nature or society.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Can you refer me to a passage? It doesn't matter to me personally as I don't hold this or any holy book in any authority but I'd like to read the actual passage that makes that claim in context.
Someone already quoted a verse which defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman. The only form of acceptable sex according to the Bible is between a married man-woman couple. Anything else is considered sexual immorality.

1 Cor 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Sexual immorality in the Bible refers to all kinds of sexual sins: hetero sex outside of marriage, adultery, gay-sex, incest, sex with animals, sex rituals, anything sexual outside of what the Bible sees acceptable, - sex between married man-woman.

Heb 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

One example of non-gay type of sexual immorality:1 Cor 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his fathers wife.

Non-gay sexual immorality sins are committed far more often simply because there are more heteros than there are gays. Living with, and having sex with, your hetero girl/boyfriend is sinful. People don't get a pass just because they are not gay.

There are MANY verses instructing against committing the sin of sexual immorality.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Don't forget the Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Shintos, and pagans as well. They all oppose it.
70% of the United States is christian. Again, pointing out that other religions are biased is not a feather in the cap of christians.

Most buddhists, especially secular buddhists are for marriage equality. They aren't bound by the dogma of an old book written by unknown authors and translated by unknown translators.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies