Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Obviously, we have had different experiences. My son's uncle (unfortunately died of aids) was gay. He was my best friend and he was very low key, always dressed to the 9's, looking and smelling good. It's all about dignity and presentation of one's self. It's the flaming queens and the butchy females that create the negative misconceptions. JMO.
My uncle was a gay man in a very difficult era, he was born in 1930, and died in 87 due to cancer.
He was the epitome of grace and class, and was my mentor in my chosen field of endeavor.
You must have misunderstood what I said, because thats the type of gay man that I know, they are also my colleagues.
Tremendously creative and kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
70% of the United States is christian. Again, pointing out that other religions are biased is not a feather in the cap of christians.

Most buddhists, especially secular buddhists are for marriage equality. They aren't bound by the dogma of an old book written by unknown authors and translated by unknown translators.
Which Buddhists? You mean the American liberal converts? Name a Buddhist country with gay marriage. I'll wait.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
There ya go, throwing your feces at Christians again.

And you wonder why Christians want nothing to do with you.
The only one throwing feces here would be yourself.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
My uncle was a gay man in a very difficult era, he was born in 1930, and died in 87 due to cancer.
He was the epitome of grace and class, and was my mentor in my chosen field of endeavor.
You must have misunderstood what I said, because thats the type of gay man that I know, they are also my colleagues.
Tremendously creative and kind.
Sorry if I misunderstood. Your uncle sounds a lot like my son's uncle. Both gentlemen were obviously quite the class act!

Old 05-09-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Sorry if I misunderstood. Your uncle sounds like a was quite the class act!
Sometimes its just hard to understand one another here, without hearing inflection of voice, etc, you know?
And you're right about my uncle, he was a class act all the way, I am honored to have known him.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:54 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Someone already quoted a verse which defines marriage as a union between a man and a woman. The only form of acceptable sex according to the Bible is between a married man-woman couple. Anything else is considered sexual immorality.

1 Cor 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

Sexual immorality in the Bible refers to all kinds of sexual sins: hetero sex outside of marriage, adultery, gay-sex, incest, sex with animals, sex rituals, anything sexual outside of what the Bible sees acceptable, - sex between married man-woman.

Heb 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

One example of sexual immorality:1 Cor 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his fathers wife.

There are MANY verses instructing against committing the sin of sexual immorality.
1C7:2 I read that as having a husband/ wife to avoid sleeping around.

H13:4 doesn't really say anything except that a god that never speaks will decide.

1C5:1 is just ridiculous...

Why would any adult base any life decision on such nonsense. It just escapes me.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:57 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times
Quote:

H13:4 doesn't really say anything except that a god that never speaks will decide.

Why would any adult base any life decision on such nonsense. It just escapes me.

Romans chapter one - is very very clear / coupled with Proverbs chapter one

I like how some claim the bible only has one or two sentences... Its obvious you have never read the book with understanding!!

God is unchanging - HE IS THE ALPHA & OMEGA He is the same; yesterday; today & forever. He cannot go back on HIS WORD.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:57 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
I know that there are a couple of loose lines in the bible that refer to men laying with men but why does that translate into gays not marrying? Why do you believe in those 2-3 sentences literally? Why do you ignore your religion in regards to things like women not wearing pants, no tattoos, wearing mixed fabric clothes, stoning unruly kids etc..? It's makes absolutely no sense.
A lot more religions then Christianity are opposed to excepting the idea that two men can be married as husband and wife. Because for eons, marriage has been about creating babies, children, and new citizens, not about tax breaks, hospital visitation rights and fairytale wedding gowns. Two men having sex is not marriage, its just two buddies having a sexual relationship.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
What does it matter anyways. People have a right to their own beliefs in how they feel on any particular subject. Whether others disagree or not, does not really matter.
I admire those who have their own mind, and their own convictions, and won't let anyone or anything change their mind. Their right.
For those who find this acceptable, good for you, so glad that you are open to the idea, and that is your right. We have no right to judge anyone on their feelings of any particular subject, no matter what any of us feel.
We don't have to understand, or try and figure it out, not our job. Just be understanding and patient with those you love.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Yes, you should read it that way, because that is what it says. Sleeping around is sexual immorality.

Quote:
It says to keep the marriage bed undefiled. It speaks against the sin of the other kind of sexual immorality: adultery.

Quote:
No, the guy had sex with his step-mother, which is was an sexually immoral act.

I am just giving you some verses which define sexual immorality, and explain that sex in a man-woman marriage is the only acceptable form of sex (according to the Bible). Everything else, including unmarried heteros sleeping with their partners, is sexually immoral, then how could gay sex not be sinful?

But then again, if you reject the Bible then I don't know why you would participate in a discussion about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies