Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:18 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times

Advertisements

I suggest elimination the tax havens before lowering the tax rates. This should apply to US citizens as well. The top 1% have looted ALL of the Western Economies and should be forced to pay their fair share (all) of maintaining what they own and control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:23 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suggest elimination the tax havens before lowering the tax rates. This should apply to US citizens as well. The top 1% have looted ALL of the Western Economies and should be forced to pay their fair share (all) of maintaining what they own and control.
Good Luck with that.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
So how are you going to eliminate all tax heavens? You know that tax heavens want to stay tax heavens?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:32 AM

I believe we still have the biggest and most effective military on the planet. Maybe we should use them for something useful instead of wasting money creating "terrorists".
Another alternative is to make the tax payment a condition of citizenship. Fail to pay your taxes and you get booted out of the club.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
I believe we still have the biggest and most effective military on the planet. Maybe we should use them for something useful instead of wasting money creating "terrorists".
So you want to use US military to create a global world order? Do you really think that is going to work. Don't you think China who protects the tax paradise Hong Kong, will just say. "Try, losers."

I can tell you that while US military may look strong, they will lose a war against China and Russia. First off, fighting across the sea is more difficult. Secondly, production capacity of China and neighbouring countries are greater than America. Yes Americas GDP per capita is 48000, and China is 7000, but GDP per capita values in developing countries are massively undervalued, because most transactions happen in the hidden economy.

Also, remember what is a tax paradise. Switzerland is a tax paradise, not because taxes are extremely low, but because they are low compared to other countries. There is no way America or France can force Switzerland to increase taxes.

Quote:
Another alternative is to make the tax payment a condition of citizenship. Fail to pay your taxes and you get booted out of the club.
In America, it already is. If you live abroad and don't pay taxes to the American government, then US can take you and put you in prison. That is why tax evasion is so common in America, and that is one of the reasons I would not want to become an American citizen.

Europe can't do that, because it goes against the point of the Schengen. Also, smaller countries has a much harder time enforcing that rule.

I think the solution is not to tax away the rich. Rich people don't really care about taxes, if they don't become too high. Most rich people in Europe are not moving to Hong Kong or Singapore, to enjoy their low taxes. They like being in Europe.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:50 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,354 times
Quote:
In the words of Del Griffith "If they told you wolverines would make good house pets, would you believe them? "

Old 05-11-2012, 05:55 AM

Welcome to the Plan for a New American Century. US domination of the entire world in order to create a One World Order based on America principals of Greed, Christianity and military might.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
I would think all the governments in the EU would adopt that tax system. I also think the rest of the world should. I think we should as well so long as there is a deductable exempting the bottom 90th prercentile from any income tax.
Yes but fortunately communist like you are not in charge.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:02 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulhall View Post
The people with money can quite easily shift their investments and savings elsewhere, we live in a global market place.

That's what this liberal idiots don't understand, you keep trying to raise taxes on rich, they'll just move to a tax friendly country.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:41 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's what this liberal idiots don't understand, you keep trying to raise taxes on rich, they'll just move to a tax friendly country.
Let them go! They still need access to the U.S. printing press (loans in the form of dollars). They still need to sell products in U.S. markets. Let them go operate in Belize for a while , maybe they will learn the value of the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies