U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2012, 08:37 AM
 
1,615 posts, read 2,206,793 times
Reputation: 801

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
How are YOU not able to see that it is wrong to attempt to make Black people slaves to any and every cause....I don't see those same demands being made of Asians, Latinos or Native Americans. So stop assuming that Black people are obligated to jump on any bandwagon that crosses our path. We all know that there are MANY White gays who despise Black people but feel that Black people should fall in step to help fight for your cause. Fight your own battles because we owe you nothing.
I don't get where you're coming from with this. i only know one black person. I dont' understand why you think i care specifically what ONE race thinks only when it comes to non discrimination against my particular minority trait. you DO REALIZE that the civil rights movement in the sixties entailed, native american rights, gay right, black rights, womens rights, hispanic rights and many others.

If you can't understand that using a parallel between discriminating against one group because of a minority trait and doing the same to another isn't valid to do i guess than we can't use any example with you.

here's the tip. it is NOT right to discriminate against ANYBODY for who they are and not their actions.

boy i guess with people like you if there were an article on genocides and i compared two of them together if one entailed one detail that was different than the other that it's simply not comparable in totem. were you this dense in school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2012, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,120,926 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Marriage has nothing to do with babies.
I guess you must be right. I knew an old doctor in the 1940s who always said that the first baby can come any time but back then the second one usually came after the parents got married. One of his daughters proved him right and he was not a happy man, but he didn't do abortions so was stuck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 10:42 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 18,976,105 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I don't get where you're coming from with this. i only know one black person. I dont' understand why you think i care specifically what ONE race thinks only when it comes to non discrimination against my particular minority trait. you DO REALIZE that the civil rights movement in the sixties entailed, native american rights, gay right, black rights, womens rights, hispanic rights and many others.

If you can't understand that using a parallel between discriminating against one group because of a minority trait and doing the same to another isn't valid to do i guess than we can't use any example with you.

here's the tip. it is NOT right to discriminate against ANYBODY for who they are and not their actions.

boy i guess with people like you if there were an article on genocides and i compared two of them together if one entailed one detail that was different than the other that it's simply not comparable in totem. were you this dense in school?
You can not see the problem because you only have a singular focus.

I am tired of any and every group "using" Black people as their example and attempting to draft Black people as obligatory foot soldiers to fight "their" cause. Black people are not slaves to be used to fight your cause and we do not owe you anything. I don't see gays using that Latinos and Asians (who also suffered discrimination) to make their points. And we all know that there is racism in the gay community; many White gays discriminate against non-Whites (especially Blacks) so stop playing the victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
 
49,992 posts, read 26,499,057 times
Reputation: 15604
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When will black people rise up and demand that homosexuals quit using them as pawns to channel their angst and outrage? How many threads must we endure from Homosexuals With Hurt Feelings™ who insist on believing their plight is equal to the struggle of black people 50 years ago?
When we do, you'll be the first person we send the memo to since you're so concerned about what we're doing.

LOL @ this ridiculous idea that you care about black folks "rising up" over ANY issue. Usually, black folks rising up is the last you you'd want to see....unless it's against something that YOU'RE against.

....seriously, you can't make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 AM
 
1,615 posts, read 2,206,793 times
Reputation: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
You can not see the problem because you only have a singular focus.

I am tired of any and every group "using" Black people as their example and attempting to draft Black people as obligatory foot soldiers to fight "their" cause. Black people are not slaves to be used to fight your cause and we do not owe you anything. I don't see gays using that Latinos and Asians (who also suffered discrimination) to make their points. And we all know that there is racism in the gay community; many White gays discriminate against non-Whites (especially Blacks) so stop playing the victim.
i'm not drafting black people to do anything. i could give a fly frog about black people. i don't have a 'cause' (by which you imply means a special interest advocacy position or something, which having my God PROMISED equal rights is NOT) that's not a cause, it's supposed to be a GIVEN, when it's not GIVEN like PROMISED it's to be stood up for. but i think it's weird that a minority that is not liked for the color of their skin and had a MAJORITY enacting Laws to violate their constitutional rights because of a trait that they didn't like thinks it's OK to do that to OTHER PEOPLE, simply because they don't like them based on a different trait.

it is EXTREMELY ANGERING that you think i'm SUCKING UP to or NEED BLACK people, if that is the ATTITUDE of black people.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL.. I DON"T NEED YOU, NEVER WILL.

are you trying to imply that black people are above gay people somehow... that us EVEN WORSE gay people need to look up to our rulers the black people?

go to H E - -

I am not ASKING for YOUR HELP. I don't NEED ANYBODIES HELP. i was born an american citizen so the fourteenth amendment already makes voting on minority rights unconstitutional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 18,976,105 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
i'm not drafting black people to do anything. i could give a fly frog about black people. i don't have a 'cause' (by which you imply means a special interest advocacy position or something, which having my God PROMISED equal rights is NOT) that's not a cause, it's supposed to be a GIVEN, when it's not GIVEN like PROMISED it's to be stood up for. but i think it's weird that a minority that is not liked for the color of their skin and had a MAJORITY enacting Laws to violate their constitutional rights because of a trait that they didn't like thinks it's OK to do that to OTHER PEOPLE, simply because they don't like them based on a different trait.

it is EXTREMELY ANGERING that you think i'm SUCKING UP to or NEED BLACK people, if that is the ATTITUDE of black people.

GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL.. I DON"T NEED YOU, NEVER WILL.

are you trying to imply that black people are above gay people somehow... that us EVEN WORSE gay people need to look up to our rulers the black people?

go to H E - -

I am not ASKING for YOUR HELP. I don't NEED ANYBODIES HELP. i was born an american citizen so the fourteenth amendment already makes voting on minority rights unconstitutional.
Thanks for showing your true colors.

And if you didn't "need" Black people, then why even reference Black people in your thread title?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:09 AM
 
Location: The D-M-V area
13,694 posts, read 15,591,634 times
Reputation: 9519
As racist and as sexist as the gay community is by and large, I have no idea why any black person would support the gay movement, especially when blacks and non-whites are treated like second class citizens many times within the gay community.

Gay.net - Skin Deep: Gay Racism Comes Out

Wang's, Chicago Gay Bar, Investigated Over Reports That It Bans Women During Busiest Hours

National Briefing - West - California - Bias At Gay Club - NYTimes.com

Gay Racism Must End


But gays steadily "by any means necessary" constantly attempt to hitch their wagon on the Black Civil Rights movement in order to affect a change. Black people should see this as a major slap in the face. Here's a challenge, take a group of your friends and go to a gay bar for a drink, this applies to women as well. Report back about how inclusive and accepting you found them when you tried to order a drink at the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 4,987,592 times
Reputation: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
if majorities can vote on the rights of minorities while having themselves and NOT risk losing those rights while voting on them for others, shouldn't it be OK of my state wanted to vote on the right of black people to adopt children?

afterall, majority vote should rule.... shouldn't it? my state is pretty racist and i think it would pass if put to a vote.

IF you think that we shouldn't be able too then why not.. and if you don't think so, why is it OK to do that to gay people?

A gay marriage is TWO GAY people getting married if you're straight i still can't understand how you think YOU should have a SAY in this when you're not able to see it from a gay person's perspective since it really has no consequence for you at ALL.

should other people have the power to deny other tax paying citizens the rights they have?

i thought it was unconstitutional for two reason 1. voting on the rights of other citizens unless it was for EVERYBODY. (example if we were voting on the right for EVERYBODY to get married it's be OK to vote on because the law would impact all citizens equally)

2. i thought the fourteenth amendment made it clear that either EVERYBODY gets a right or NOBODY gets them.
Wow. Your comparison doesn’t due your argument any justice. Apples to Oranges…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 AM
 
15,300 posts, read 7,816,724 times
Reputation: 7930
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And if you didn't "need" Black people, then why even reference Black people in your thread title?
I agree with this.

Though I am a huge supporter of gay rights and equal treatment of homosexuals in our country, including the right of gay people to marry, I as a black person also do not understand the continued comparisons between black people and gays.

To the OP, if you are gay and are a white gay man, until you tell someone you are gay, you are not discriminated against based on your homosexuality (unless you have characteristics that people stereotypically consider gay, but I will say in my experience with black gay men I know, many of them are not "feminine" or effeminate or whatever people want to call some gay men's mannerisms. I have a gay brother in law and people don't know he is gay unless he tells them, my best friend is also a gay man and people don't know that about him either so I wanted to get that out).

Black people have been discriminated against in this country based on our outward appearance and nothing else. We did not have to tell anyone we are black (the multi-racial did but not those of us who "look" black). So in that respect, I cannot equate the two struggles in the same fashion.

I always can understand where you are coming from though, but to a lot of black people it is very disrespectful to make that sort of comparison. Black people cannot hide their blackness. Black people have been discriminated against and oppressed on a wide scale due to our outward appearance from birth, homosexuals have not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 AM
 
Location: The D-M-V area
13,694 posts, read 15,591,634 times
Reputation: 9519
Gays practice separate and unequal on a daily basis in their communities.

I have no idea why this falls on blind eyes, if you are straight and spend any amount of time around gays you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Spoiler

By the way...I'm not talking about spending time around the gay male "girlfriend" some women love to brag about having - one on one is different from being surrounded by them on a daily basis. As in working with groups of them for an extended period of time. They are very exclusionary in their social circles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top