Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times

Advertisements

Too bad Paul didn't get the Republican nod. Then you could have your own slobbering sycophants on the right wing too.

Sadly, you're stuck with Romney. And he's unlikely to give chills to anybody.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
You act as if that'd be a good thing. Is all the outrage from a few years ago over Bush's use of targeted assassinations, predator drones, Gitmo, civilian deaths, etc. now spent?

Have your views evolved too?
Thanks for proving you have no idea where I stand on those issues, but assuming seems easier. Let me help ya:
I have no problem with targeted assassinations,
I have no problem with predatro drones,
I only have a problem Gitmo because justic needs to be served and to do so we need to put those detained there on trial and move forward,
War is messy, if leaders of other Nations do not want to see their civilians caught in the cross-fire they should not put them in harms way through their own actions,
Anything else you care to assume?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I'm choking on my words as I say it (this has to be a first) but AeroguyDC is correct--he had to make a statement on gay marriage now because of Biden's comments. I don't think his position is any big surprise to anyone. Literally half the country (50%) supports the rights of gays to marry, and that number includes a fair number of people who are conservative on economic issues but not bigots. If I were the president, I'd figure that if you're outraged by his position, he could pretty much plan on your not voting for him to begin with, so no big loss.
Sorry, but if half the country is in favor of it, why do over 60% of the states have Constitutional bans against it? More states would if the men in black were not legislating from the bench, and over turning the will of the people.

Thirty-one U.S. state constitutional amendments banning legal recognition of same-sex unions have been adopted. Of these, ten make only same-sex marriage unconstitutional, seventeen make both same-sex marriage and civil unions unconstitutional, two make same-sex marriage, civil unions, and other contracts unconstitutional

List of U.S. state constitutional amendments banning same-sex unions by type - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Smile Excuse me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe you should look at our economic decision made in the seventies to tie oil to the US dollar instead of ranting??? Any wonder why your hero went after momar, who is in the middle east too? LOL. Maybe one day you lefties will cast aside the total and complete obsession you have with Obama and look at reality. Probably be too late.

Were you trying to say something there?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:13 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,069,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Maybe you should look at our economic decision made in the seventies to tie oil to the US dollar instead of ranting??? Any wonder why your hero went after momar, who is in the middle east too? LOL. Maybe one day you lefties will cast aside the total and complete obsession you have with Obama and look at reality. Probably be too late.
Huh?

Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Yes of course you lefties are shocked. Maybe if you opened your eyes and looked around instead of ranting and raving alll the time you would be taken serious. If you don't know the dollar is tied to oil and our economy depends on that then I don't know what to tell you fools. I suggest you go back and cry about gays. That appears to be the depth of your knowledge on anything.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thanks for proving you have no idea where I stand on those issues, but assuming seems easier. Let me help ya:
I have no problem with targeted assassinations,
I have no problem with predatro drones,
I only have a problem Gitmo because justic needs to be served and to do so we need to put those detained there on trial and move forward,
War is messy, if leaders of other Nations do not want to see their civilians caught in the cross-fire they should not put them in harms way through their own actions,
Anything else you care to assume?

So you were a Bush supporter as far as foreign policy goes, right?

Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama could care less about gay marriage, he has been for it and against it so many times, nothing he says has any meaning, except that is shows us what little character and integrity he has.
I thought it was rather bold/genuine of the man to come out with his take on an issue he believed in knowing full well it would probably cost him votes, strikes me as a quality move from a man of character.Unlike his wishy washy opponent Romney who will tell anyone anything they want to hear just to get a vote.
As for slobbering Obamatrons? the only slobbering i see in this topic is coming from the usual pack of righties led by the op, lots of cute hateful name calling with very little in the way of meaningful topic content.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:06 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,226 times
Quote:
I thought it was rather bold/genuine of the man to come out with his take on an issue he believed in knowing full well it would probably cost him votes, strikes me as a quality move from a man of character.
So when he came out against gay marriage in 2008 after expressing support for it in 1996, was that bold as well?

Quote:
Unlike his wishy washy opponent Romney who will tell anyone anything they want to hear just to get a vote.
Is Gitmo still open?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Concerning the Gitmo issue,Some things stated from a pre Presidential position can become a lot more complex once Presidential status is attained.
Despite Obama's vow, Gitmo still open - Washington Times
As for Obamas change of heart on the gay marriage issue which i'll take your word for that fact ? it was probably such a minor issue at that time (2008)he probably wasnt really committed one way or the other,but all of a sudden for some reason he's being called upon in 2012 to make a major commitment to his stand on the issue, did he make the easy call? no he made a call that might cost him the upcoming election but you can be sure its his sincere stand on the issue that will never change again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies