U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 AM

5,313 posts, read 7,553,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Concerning the Gitmo issue,Some things stated from a pre Presidential position can become a lot more complex once Presidential status is attained.
Despite Obama's vow, Gitmo still open - Washington Times
As for Obamas change of heart on the gay marriage issue which i'll take your word for that fact ? it was probably such a minor issue at that time (2008)he probably wasnt really committed one way or the other,but all of a sudden for some reason he's being called upon in 2012 to make a major commitment to his stand on the issue, did he make the easy call? no he made a call that might cost him the upcoming election but you can be sure its his sincere stand on the issue that will never change again.
It sounded pretty committed when he said he opposes gay marriage. This is just to garner votes.
Once again, it will be decided by the states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 03:44 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,445,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your not supposed to expose the hypocrisy of the swooners. It may upset them and then they may think your a bully. lol
And then the ultimate attack: They'll call you a HATER!

Oh, the injustice of it all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
It sounded pretty committed when he said he opposes gay marriage. This is just to garner votes.
Don't tell them that. They actually think they won something and that something has changed.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 AM

34,239 posts, read 41,268,949 times
Quote:
I'm sure you are right Jersey as politicians have been known to change their minds but I'm having a hard time finding a video of Obama saying he opposes gay marriage, if you have a free moment today jersey do you think you could find the specific video you are referring to..
Thanks.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:34 AM

It's in an ABC News report from November 8, 2008.

Obama told MTV he believes marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage."*

That's where I got this quote from.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:40 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,832,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Creepy.
"And let me tell you, George, I'm getting chills again,"

She's simply going through the early signs of menopause....

Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,005,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So you were a Bush supporter as far as foreign policy goes, right?
I backed him on his going into Afganistan (War on Terror) and then he blew it when he went into Iraq (Personal War). Even so, I did not vote to put him in office orginally but thought he was the lesser of the two evils and voted for him for re-election. Clear it up for ya?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:52 AM

25,235 posts, read 14,005,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm sure you are right Jersey as politicians have been known to change their minds but I'm having a hard time finding a video of Obama saying he opposes gay marriage, if you have a free moment today jersey do you think you could find the specific video you are referring to..
Thanks.
You forget, righties don't know how to change their mind, they prefer to let others do their thinking for them, easier that way for them. Hence they do not understand the concept of using their mind and possibly changing ones point of view on an issue.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You forget, righties don't know how to change their mind, they prefer to let others do their thinking for them, easier that way for them. Hence they do not understand the concept of using their mind and possibly changing ones point of view on an issue.
I've noticed that often some people will take a different meaning out of what some one says and sometimes its not what was intended,so i do like to see not only evedence of what was said but how it was said.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 AM

No. Only libs can change their mind and it's all good. Let a conservative change their mind and all h$ll breaks loose.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
It's in an ABC News report from November 8, 2008.

Obama told MTV he believes marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage."*

That's where I got this quote from.
Thanks..
You'd think with that info it would be easy to find but it isnt..http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&safe=off...iw=836&bih=480

The statement
Quote:
Obama told MTV he believes marriage is "between a man and a woman" and that he is "not in favor of gay marriage
Seems to me His former position was not anti gay marriage just his preferences are for a couple being a man and a woman in a marriage situation,doesnt really say he's against same sex couples getting married,its just not his preferred choice.
An analogy would be i think home schooling is not the proper way to educate a child,they should attend a public institution and learn like the rest of us,am i anti home schooling? no i just have a different preference,now if i as president banned all home schooling then you could say i was anti home schooling or as president made a constitutional amendment that same sex marriages were legal throughout the land then maybe it goes beyond a point of view or just an opinion or supporting the concept..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or