U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:44 AM

17,853 posts, read 12,183,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Nobody chooses a Mental disorder.
Ignorance is a choice. It's a curious phenomenon why some people make a concious decision to remain ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,008,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You're right. Any sane adults knows that Mass Resistance is an anti-gay hate group 'freak show' which uses dishonest and unethical 'smear and fear' tactics based on lies and misrepresentation.
are you sure you just don't like him because he's Jewish?

Old 05-11-2012, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Plenty of liberals believe that being a homosexual is a choice also - it is not a partisan debate - it is a question of fact.
I've never met any liberals who are stupid enough to believe that homosexual orientation is a 'choice'. But I suppose some liberals might be that stupid too.

Facts are: Sexual orientation is not a choice.

Facts are: Remaining ignorant is often a choice.

Here's just a few of the studies available that you might like to read.

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.

The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

However, since sexual differentiation of the genitals takes place in the first two months of pregnancy and sexual differentiation of the brain starts in the second half of pregnancy, these two processes can be influenced independently, which may result in extreme cases in trans-sexuality. This also means that in the event of ambiguous sex at birth, the degree of masculinization of the genitals may not reflect the degree of masculinization of the brain.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.

The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.
The differences are likely to have been forged in the womb or in early infancy”

__________________________________________________ _____

"I demonstrate that the number of biological older brothers, including those not reared with the participant (but not the number of nonbiological older brothers), increases the probability of homosexuality in men. These results provide evidence that a prenatal mechanism(s), and not social and/or rearing factors, affects men's sexual orientation development."

"Biological Versus Nonbiological Older Brothers and Men’s Sexual Orientation," published by PNAS (Proceedings of the NationalAcademy of Sciences of the United States of America): Bogaert, A (2006)
http://www.pnas.org/content/103/28/10771.full.pdf

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

"A growing body of empirical literature suggests that the brains of gay males are less masculinized than those of heterosexual males, reflected in visual-spatial task performance -- a measure of cerebral masculinazation and one in which heterosexual males usually surpass females.

Several studies report that the cognitive performance of gay males is more typical of heterosexual females than heterosexual males.

Furthermore, the brain waves of gay males while performing verbal and spatial tasks are more similar to heterosexual females than males or significantly different from both."

Relationships among childhood sex-atypical behavior, spatial ability, handedness, and sexual orientation in men. Cohen KM. Arch Sex Behav. (2002)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11910786

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

"There's a converging line of evidence between the hormonal studies, the genetic studies , and the neuroanatomical studies. My research has identified candidate genes within these new chromosomal regions that could link together all of these different findings”

Mustanski, B. S.; DuPree, M. G.; Nievergelt, C. M.; Bocklandt, S.; Schork, N. J.; Hamer, D. H. (2005)
A genomewide scan of male sexual orientation. [Hum Genet. 2005] - PubMed result

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
And a few more:

Camperio Ciani, A., Cermelli, P., & Zanzotto, G. (2008). Sexually
antagonistic selection in human male homosexuality. Plos One, in
press.

Rahman, Q., Collins, A., Morrison, M., Orrells, J. C., Cadinouche, K.,
Greenfield, S., et al. (2008). Maternal inheritance and familial
fecundity factors in male homosexuality. Archives of Sexual
Behavior, 37.

Camperio Ciani, A., Iemmola, F., & Lombardi, L. (2008). Male
homosexuality partly correlates with an increased androphilia
and fecundity in females from maternal line

Vasey, P. L., & VanderLaan, D. P. (2007). Birth order and male
androphilia in Samoan fa’afafine. Proceedings of the Royal
Society of London, Series B: Biological Sciences, 274, 1437–1442.

Blanchard, R., & Lippa, R. A. (2007). Birth order, sibling sex ratio,
handedness, and sexual orientation of male and female participants
Archives of Sexual Behavior, 36, 163–176.

Savolainen,V.,&Lehmann,L. (2007). Genetics and bisexuality. Nature,
445, 158–159.

Bogaert, A. F. (2006). Biological versus nonbiological older brothers
and men’s sexual orientation. Proceedings of the National
Academy of Sciences, 103, 10771–10774.

Rahman, Q., & Hull, M. S. (2005). An empirical test of the kin
selection hypothesis for male homosexuality. Archives of Sexual
Behavior, 34, 461–467.

King, M., Green, J., Osborn, D. P. J., Arkell, J., Hetherton, J., &
Pereira, E. (2005). Family size in white gay and heterosexual men.
Archives of Sexual Behavior, 34, 117–122.

Camperio Ciani, A., Corna, F., & Capiluppi, C. (2004). Evidence for
maternally inherited factors favouring male homosexuality and
promoting female fecundity. Proceedings of the Royal Society of
London, Series B: Biological Sciences, 271, 2217–2221.

DuPree,M.G.,Mustanski, B. S.,Bocklandt, S., Nievergelt, C.,&Hamer,
D. H. (2004). A candidate gene study of CYP19 (aromatase) and
male sexual orientation. Behavior Genetics, 34, 243–250.

Blanchard, R. (2004). Quantitative and theoretical analyses of the
relation between older brothers and homosexuality in men.
Journal of Theoretical Biology, 230, 173–187.

Bobrow, D., & Bailey, J. M. (2001). Is male homosexuality maintained
via kin selection? Evolution and Human Behavior, 22, 361–368.

Bailey, J. M., Pillard, R. C., Dawood, K., Miller, M. B., Farrer, L. A.,
Tivedi, S., et al. (1999). A family history study of male sexual
orientation using three independent samples. Behavior Genetics,
29, 79–86.

Blanchard, R. (1997). Birth order and sibling sex ratio in homosexual
versus heterosexual males and females. Annual Review of Sex
Research, 8, 27–67.

Blanchard, R., & Klassen, P. (1997). H-Y antigen and homosexuality
in men. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 185, 373–378.

Hu,S., Pattatucci,A.M., Patterson, C.,Li,L.,Fulker,D.W.,Cherny, S.S.,
et al. (1995). Linkage between sexual orientation and chromosome
Xq28 in males but not in females. Nature Genetics, 11, 248–256.

Vasey, P. L. (1995). Homosexual behavior in primates: A review of
evidence and theory. International Journal of Primatology, 16,
173–204.

Hamer, D. H., Hu, S., Magnuson, V. L., Hu, N., & Pattattucci, A. M.
(1993). A linkage between DNA markers on the X chromosome
and male sexual orientation. Science, 261, 321–327.

Bailey, J. M., & Pillard, R. C. (1991). A genetic study of male sexual
orientation. Archives of General Psychiatry, 48, 1089–1096.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-11-2012 at 06:28 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Homeschooling never looked more sane or healthy for the kids. For many it is not an option, but for millions of others they could yet choose to do so. I hope they do!
I agree. I can just see all the fundamentalist RWNJ parents skoolin' their kids like this:

Home schooled - YouTube

Old 05-11-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Yes we must teach gay history and leave the important historical facts about our nation out!

We need the right(s) to love our adopted children any way we see fit!

Can't any one see where this perverted Gay agenda is heading?

Ever since the repeal of don't ask don't tell in the military - sexual assaults on men has skyrocketed!

Frig this.. I'd be much better off living in a muslim country where death is the penalty for this type of perverted activity

Make no mistake about this. God will judge this nation harshly!
Uh guess you are not aware that it's usually heterosexual men who rape other men, not gay men?

The phrase "homosexual rape," for instance, which is often used by uninformed persons to designate male-male rape, camouflages the fact that the majority of the rapists are not generally homosexual.

The National Center for Victims of Crime - Library/Document Viewer

Old 05-11-2012, 06:16 AM

10,588 posts, read 10,730,606 times
Let me explain what even THEY do not realize- This movement is about granting rights for the weak...more rights for the weak than the strong. Most if not all gays are weak...By sheer numbers they are attempting to overwhelm those that are stronger than them. Naturally strong people do not oppress or harm those that are weaker...BUT if this movement grows to vast and is all encompassing - The great number of weak that are highly organized will OPPRESS the strong and they will not show us the same mercy we have shown them...THAT IS THE LONG TERM RESULTS.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
I agree. I can just see all the fundamentalist RWNJ parents skoolin' their kids like this:

Home schooled - YouTube
So what do people do? Search through U-tube and go through thousands of videos till they can find some retards to represent their anti- home schooling stance------I have known home schooling families and most are very sophisticated not like this video presented in the hope of misrepresentation.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Ignorance is a choice. It's a curious phenomenon why some people make a concious decision to remain ignorant.
ignore......................ance.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:23 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,354,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
are you sure you just don't like him because he's Jewish?
I couldn't think of a reason why being Jewish or not could possibly have anything to do with the discussion so I checked out the site for about three minutes. In the original link (on Page 1), I couldn't get the videos to work, so I checked out a couple other of their articles. First one I looked at had a picture of a woman carrying signs linking homosexuality with pedophilia. THAT'S why I don't like the guy - he's using the same tired old scare tactics we've been reading for years. "Oh, look out, here come the gays! Lock up your little boys!"

Old 05-11-2012, 06:26 AM

1,867 posts, read 2,354,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
So what do people do? Search through U-tube and go through thousands of videos till they can find some retards to represent their anti- home schooling stance------I have known home schooling families and most are very sophisticated not like this video presented in the hope of misrepresentation.
Presenting homeschooling as the sane and healthy way to avoid catching "the gay" is the biggest misrepresentation of them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies