U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 04:08 PM

50,168 posts, read 26,572,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
With all due respect, most of that in the last 40 years has been done by other "black folk." I don't mean that their aren't racist groups but the main risk is currently from other blacks.
The main risk for every race is usually someone from their own race. That's not a new revelation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,995,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The main risk for every race is usually someone from their own race. That's not a new revelation.
No, it's not. However, the post I responded to appeared to me to be suggesting otherwise. That has been clarified.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:18 PM

8,151 posts, read 5,601,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Agreed. I wouldn’t disarm for a single minute. With what has happened in this country to black folk it would be foolish to eliminate your ability for self defense.
Yet we are still out gunned by the right. They have a culture that is militarized and ready. They have a view point that does not make me feel comfortable for me and my family.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 PM

17,447 posts, read 23,900,795 times
They're the black Westboro Baptist Church.

Unfortunately the media by giving them a forum and by paying attention to their crap is totally playing into their agenda. The best thing the media could do would be to ignore them. Just like WBC.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,165,798 times
Quote:
Small and noisy....but they're black. That alone is enough to scare the hell out of folks.

I've said it before and i'll say it again... the definition of "militant black" is a black person that shows any displeasure at anything no matter how bad it is. If you go into a restaurant and aren't happy with your service or food, then you're a militant black. If someone runs into you with their car and you wince in pain, you're a militant black. If you're fired unjustifiably and you complain about it, you're a militant black.

Hell, if you don't smile 24/7 365 and constantly reassure some of these people that you're not angry, you're a militant black hellbent on revenge for slavery.

I pay the Black Panther thing no mind. If they scare people, fine with me.
I would guess that your skin needs to be darker than mine for all the things you are noising about. I am not black so few people think of me as a militant black man.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:42 PM

4,380 posts, read 2,925,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
All your photos prove is that members of the NBPP were at the same event as Sen. Obama in celebrating the Anniversary of the Selma March. An event open to anyone.
Maybe he and Barry made friends, since Shabazz is listed on the White House visitor logs.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:44 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,165,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I just had to post this. The right likes the use these guys as an example of reverse racism, intolerance and rage but they fell to mention they’re practically irrelevant. Especially if you way their presence to the thousands of far right wing white organizations. And to sum things up there are only “3” predominantly black hate groups.

New Black Panthers: Noisy but small
Is this the King Samir Shabazz you are talking about? It seems to me that he may have some followers at least as stupid as he seems to be. He says he has a Masters Degree but I have heard that he is a high school drop out. He has declared his name to be what we see here so maybe he declared himself a Masters' achiever.

I Hate White People - YouTube

Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 PM

4,541 posts, read 3,649,208 times
Quote:
Small and noisy....but they're black. That alone is enough to scare the hell out of folks.

I've said it before and i'll say it again... the definition of "militant black" is a black person that shows any displeasure at anything no matter how bad it is. If you go into a restaurant and aren't happy with your service or food, then you're a militant black. If someone runs into you with their car and you wince in pain, you're a militant black. If you're fired unjustifiably and you complain about it, you're a militant black.

Hell, if you don't smile 24/7 365 and constantly reassure some of these people that you're not angry, you're a militant black hellbent on revenge for slavery.

I pay the Black Panther thing no mind. If they scare people, fine with me.
I agree. I think it's bull that unless we're smiling and doing a j1g-dance, folks get nervous. Never understood why we're seen as some weird irrational violent animals when we get mad. The way some people act when a black person gets mad is really quite comical to watch. They act as if the man/woman is about to kill everyone up in the place.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:16 PM

7,465 posts, read 3,950,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Maybe he and Barry made friends, since Shabazz is listed on the White House visitor logs.
Believe it or not it is not that uncommon of a name.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,971,311 times
1 thing that I don't understand is why so many Black people even support the NBP since more and more Blacks; at least the women, are stepping up and taking care of business. The NBP; if they mixed up with neo Nazis or the KKK, that's 1 thing cause most of us white people DON'T like them either. But; threatening "regular" white people WILL make many of us more racist against ALL Blacks, especially dark skin ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies