U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,592,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So you're equating breastfeeding with sex?
Boy, that says volumes about you.
I don't think he's saying that - he's just trying to see what kind of image would be offensive to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,322,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
They think that because their brain only functions on one track. You know.....like they think if someone doesn't like the president, that person is a racist. It's the convoluted way they think. Somewhere along the line, their wiring went wrong.
See post 194. Nothing wrong with my wiring. What I said and what oldglory thought I said are two different things.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:07 AM

11,433 posts, read 17,110,518 times
Quote:
How do you know Time paid her?
So she did it for free? Ok I'm sure the Today show didn't pay her either

Old 05-11-2012, 11:10 AM

23,440 posts, read 31,638,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Hell, I dont know thats why I asked you.
Which, of course, you dont know the answer, do you?
Time doesnt usually pay people.
As far as Today, I dont watch it.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:10 AM

21,622 posts, read 11,079,083 times
Quote:
So now its, "what about the children"?
What a crock.
yes, a good mother or father cares about all children. Some kids are not brought up with any kind of moral upbringing.. taught right from wrong.

What do you think society is.. the collective standards of any given society can be quite telling . Teaching what is acceptable behavior goes a long way in raising children.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,592,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't think she is saying that! She's pointing out that people make assumptions and if you base your arguments on assumptions, you can easily run astray.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:13 AM

8,438 posts, read 12,404,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I see no problem with this cover. I have four children; I breastfeed two of them (10, 3) until both were almost 2. It was done reluctantly at the end...I had to pry them away in the end!

I don't understand how some people can be hung up on something that is natural.
DID YOU REALLY LOOK AT THE PICTURE???

This was not a mother holding her child in her arms while he breast feed. This was nothing more than a mother having sex with her child and both of them getting off.

BTW..This kid has to be at least 5 if not 6 years old.

Last edited by camaro69; 05-11-2012 at 11:33 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 11:20 AM

21,622 posts, read 11,079,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Indeed, no one cares any more. And I don't care that they don't. I don't like stupid shows on TV either and think they lead to the dumbing down of our kids. That's why I don't watch them. That's why my kid doesn't watch them, either.

I really don't care about that, either. Breastfeeding is natural and normal to me - perhaps not a three-year old or a 21-year old. But, apparently, it is to some. Seems like a great opportunity for teaching/learning to me.

I am sure that some will. That's their right and that's a great way to sent the message that they don't approve of covers like this.

Surely, though, Time has weighted to potential costs versus the benefits of publishing this cover. Seems like they bet that the controversy will boost their market share.
This country is down the tubes as it rewards bad behavior all the time.. it never used to be that way. That is why they push the envelope.. the sickos love it and there are many more sickos today than ever.

No standards today and it is a depraved world when apathy is the rule over anything that is over the top crude or gross.

I also find it offensive for women to think this is what we have to look at as far as a mother for Mother's Day. Creepy . Is this what Time has to offer as challenging mothers to be the extreme.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:20 AM

15,254 posts, read 16,772,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
DID YOU REALLY LOOK AT THE PICTURE???

This was not a mother holding her child in her arms while he breast feed. This was nothing more than a mother having sex with her child and both of them getting off.

BTW..This has to be at least 5 if not 6 years old.
Projecting, are we?

Old 05-11-2012, 11:24 AM

15,254 posts, read 16,772,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Exactly. The TIME cover annoys me, not for the image which does seem to be intentionally provocative, but because of two pieces of fallout: 1) stoking the flames of the mommy wars ("Are You Mom Enough?") and 2) giving ammunition to the folks who have a problem with nursing in public, no matter how discreetly. It just seems so pointless to me to have parents constantly at each others' throats because another parent chooses to do what works for his/her own family - there is no "one way" to raise a healthy family. And I have no patience for the anti-breastfeeding crowd. MYOB.
Yes, the Time cover annoys me for these same reasons. Breastfeeding doesn't bother me, breastfeeding older kids doesn't bother me and breastfeeding in public doesn't bother me. Inciting controversy where there shouldn't be any, bothers me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies