U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,852,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

At least breastfeeding women are willing to make the commitment to provide their babies with the best possible first food and aren't shoving fake food like formula down their throats because it's more convenient.

This is a thread about breastfeeding and you're going to try to demonize breastfeeding by coming up with a link between breastfeeding and Obama and WIC (which has been around a lot longer than Obama has, by the way).

Shameful and disgusting!!!
And yet, one wonders why there is a rift between breastfed versus
bottle feeding mothers. Guess that "choice, leave it up to the mother,
let it be" argument, just went out the window

Mama don't preach, you're in trouble deep
Oh, you are gonna be feeding your baby...

With a bottle

For the record, it's not a thread about breastfeeding.
It's about a magazine cover pic with a staged feeding.

So, with that thought

The pic kind of reminds me of a Norman Rockwell, in
an odd sort of way. Especially when you
look at the child's fatique pants, his tennis shoes,
and the exaggerated look on his face.

If you've ever seen the Rockwell where the little boy
is pulling down his pants, waiting for the shot from
the Doc, it reminds me a little of that.....

Last edited by pollyrobin; 05-12-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 12:15 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,333,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Who said I was against breast feeding.. you have the wrong idea.

It is the picture on a magazine that is too blatant and the boy too old. Do you understand that..

I will say it again.. I am not against breast feeding. read it again and again and know what I am saying.
I have already said you have every right to not like the cover picture. I was responding to this part of the following direct quote from you:

Quote:
Some may follow this suggestion and start feeding their kids in the stores and I bet some people will think it quite normal.
Is there another way to interpret that other than mothers shouldn't nurse in stores?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:17 PM

4,487 posts, read 4,369,946 times
At least she's hot.....It could have been MUCH worse...lol

Old 05-12-2012, 12:21 PM

16,600 posts, read 14,084,987 times
Quote:
Why, because it isn't just me out there looking at it.. little boys will look and not think it is a mother and son but something else.. you don't get it!

You don't think deep enough .
Ah, so I disagree and I am not a deep thinker? Meanwhile you are saying "little boys" will look at this and have sexual thoughts? And at the same time you call a three year old a "grown" child. You are so busy trying to make this about sex that you cannot even make a coherent thought.

This child is 3 yo. If another child has a question about it, than it is their parents responsibility to discuss it with their child and correct their misconception. Sort of goes with the term "parent".

Old 05-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Nursing mothers are eligible for WIC. So, the longer you nurse, the longer you can collect WIC. It is like suckling at the government's (Obama's) teat.
Thanks for proving you have no idea what you are talking about.

"WIC provides Federal grants to States for supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk.'

WIC

No need to be breastfeeding to collect WIC. And fyi, this woman and her family do not collect WIC.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:27 PM

4,320 posts, read 3,682,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Hot?Sexual ? If that boy was feeding - he wouldn't be looking @ the camera! Attention - wake up people - morality in this country is at an all time low.

We have no morals any longer..

Just look @ how many people & families lives have been ruined or destroyed by alcohol and it is always portrayed in the media as: drink this for a GOOD TIME!

Telling the truth in this country is a trait of the past!

No wonder so many teachers are having sex with students.

Make sure you send your child to school with a condom in his lunch - he/she just might need it!!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,852,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Saw her on tv - she looks much better on the cover than in person/tv IMO.

They had another mother who was in the actual
article and she was on another tv show (which escapes me) and she
was heavier and not as attractive. I wish they would have used
her on the cover instead, as she seemed much more down to earth
and grounded in regard to the points made about the attachment
baby raising philosophies.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh please this is crap your not smothering the baby. I had babies also and I arranged it to where I wouldn't have to feed in public, a few times I had to and a light blanket is all you need.

Some women can be so helpless and can't figure out much...............

I don't have an issue it's women who think they have to expose their selves to others. Women have been breastfeeding for years and never had an issue with covering up. Some women now days think they invented breastfeeding.
So because you put a blanket over your kid while breast feeding everyone has to? Everyone has to do what you do because if you did it, it MUST be the only correct way to do something.

And FYI, I spent many years abroad where breastfeeding has been supported by society for far longer than it has here. If a child need to be feed it is, whether that is in public or not. And if there is a nipple slip people have the decency to look away if it bothers them.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:34 PM

21,668 posts, read 11,132,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I have already said you have every right to not like the cover picture. I was responding to this part of the following direct quote from you:

Is there another way to interpret that other than mothers shouldn't nurse in stores?
Not big kids with the same pose as on the cover.. some people copy and if it is on a magazine cover think it is the in thing.. you have to know there are some really strange people out there.. I mean strange. You can't imagine what people think , I have heard it all.

Hey, would you pose like that in a store nursing your 4 year old and think it is ok? I think you have more common sense than that , but some don't.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:38 PM

21,668 posts, read 11,132,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
So because you put a blanket over your kid while breast feeding everyone has to? Everyone has to do what you do because if you did it, it MUST be the only correct way to do something.

And FYI, I spent many years abroad where breastfeeding has been supported by society for far longer than it has here. If a child need to be feed it is, whether that is in public or not. And if there is a nipple slip people have the decency to look away if it bothers them.
I know, some women don't care if they expose their breast . That is a given. Some women are modest some are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies