Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 07:13 AM

707 posts, read 686,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Modern American society doesn't generally see breastfeeding this old, so you can't be so shocked that people find it weird. I mean, let's be honest for a moment - how often do you see women nursing 3+ year-old children?? I never see that, and with all the "crunchy granola" types we have around here, you'd think it would be more common.

My niece & nephew are 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 respectively, and perfectly capable of holding cups. The little one speaks in complete sentences, and the older one is in pre-school and starting to read... so the thought of them suckling on my sister is just a little odd, since they've been eating real food at the table for a LONG time already. But as I said, knock yourself out if you feel that's best for you.
Unfortunately for Americans they are unaware of what others' do. A lot of cultures breastfeed past the age of three. And it's about comfort and security for the child...not food.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Breast fed and baby Huey are expected. He's healthy and happy. More power to him, and Momma.
I think this woman is perverted to put her picture on the front of Time Magazine with her grown son suckling on her . It is not the picture of motherhood . Time magazine must have a bunch of sicko's working overtime to create offensive pictures of what motherhood really is.. the mother should know better and her son could have major ramifications using him to exploit her sick mind and off base thinking of what is acceptable and actually putting it on news stands for all to see.

One friend told me it is sexual in nature and goes way over the bounds of what is normal. It is not respecting motherhood and women . It is opening the door to perversion to accept this as normal and I agree.

Does anyone have any decency left to know this is putting down women and motherhood. Happy Mothers Day from Time ragazine and tells you, you are not woman enough to be the extreme wierdo in this picture. That is Times message to all women.

God help us if this is accepted as normal.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:34 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Well if this uproar over breast feeding is not enough - wait until you see what hollywood has prepared for your children to watch on the BIG SCREAM!!

Unfortunately - Its way too late and destruction is going to head this way. WATCH & remember! God is not mocked; for what so ever a man soweth he shall also reap.

You cannot plant corn and expect wheat!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Maybe the author is trying to make a mockery of attachment parenting, you know it does include homeschooling.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
I don't see what the big deal is??

We glorify homosexual stimuli in the media all the time...if you "cringe" about it you become maligned....

But something as logical as breast feeding is "cringeworthy"??

A 3 year old on the cover of a magazine drinking cows milk is more disgusting than this IMO....

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Had the photo been of a little girl sucking milk from her mother's breast, the photo would have been far less provocative. That it is a male child who looks to be about four adds a subtle sexual element to it.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
Again, I fail to see the issue here....it's his mother.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
IMHO - When the kid can hold a cookie he should drink milk from a glass. However, I am not going to insist every one do that. Plenty of romm in the world for difference.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I was breast fed well past the cut off date--My kids- were all breast fed..I have seen the breasts of 100 woman close up and intimate...the boob in the picture looks like it has never seen the mouth of a sucking youngster...it's not round and gorged with milk..These are the boobs of a model....and YES I am the resident boob expert at City-Data. I can look at a nipple and I can tell if it was used to breast feed or not...I would have to examine the models breasts in more detail to know 100 per cent..but I would bet you 1000 dollars that this lady is not the mother of the boy

Which would make this photo a thing that is bordering on child abuse and usery...shame on them
If this is not her child, I think it borders on much more............

That's a big 3 yr old and breastfeeding is the way to go, but there's a time to stop also. Like when the kid can come up and demand to be breastfeed and just pulls the moms shirt down. Wonder who this is really for..............

Old 05-11-2012, 08:01 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Some people accept anything and it gets to be that they have no moral character as it is chipped away with acceptance.

We are suppose to be a civilized nation.. we do not have to breast feed a huge child almost 4 years old. We have other ways to feed our children. We are fed this images to move the bar lower of what is acceptable on a constant basis.

Pushing the bar lower to what is acceptable to the masses is the great cause of the liberals.. it is disgusting that today we can't watch tv with our families without being bombarded with sexual content not fit for children to watch and many parents don't care .

There is no push back today for what is decent for the children. The kids of today no longer can live in a world that parents uphold to a higher standard for the family. Families are being attacked by the liberals and the great destroyer is out there corrupting minds with acceptance of what is putrid garbage.. many feed on it daily and it becomes their norm.

Is it no wonder that many think this image of this grown boy suckling on his mother is OK in today's world..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies