Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,115 times

Advertisements

Yeah, that does look kinda awkward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
If he's hungry and not being fed, he's gonna cry. I'd rather see a breastfeeding kid than hear a crying kid, any day of the week. In fact, If I saw them breastfeeding, I'd probably look away. Not really my bag. Watching people eat.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
That was kinda hot.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I never said it wasn't natural or that is was shameful. Sex is natural also but it doesn't belong on the cover of a major magazine. What part of that aren't you getting? I can't imagine anyone looking at that picture with a nearlly 4 year old standing on a chair sucking his mother's teet not finding it a little strange.
Do you find that they don't really understand what is on the post and they add some other thing to it.. kind of weird thinking here..

I am not against breast feeding , I am against a women taking her son to a photographer and having him suckle and put on a national magazine.. wouldn't you think the young boys who see this , think it is no baby there and wonder what , is this sexual? What is a woman standing there with a grown kid suckling on her breast??

Most people don't get it! It is disturbing and also too graphic.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:52 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Nursing mothers are eligible for WIC. So, the longer you nurse, the longer you can collect WIC. It is like suckling at the government's (Obama's) teat.
WOW!!!! Are you really suggesting that breastfeeding is just another way for women to get government benefits? And that is why they do it?

That's a disgraceful and baseless thing to say!

At least breastfeeding women are willing to make the commitment to provide their babies with the best possible first food and aren't shoving fake food like formula down their throats because it's more convenient.

WOW!!! You must really hate President Obama!!! This is a thread about breastfeeding and you're going to try to demonize breastfeeding by coming up with a link between breastfeeding and Obama and WIC (which has been around a lot longer than Obama has, by the way).

Shameful and disgusting!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Hate to break it to you, but in 45 states there are already laws on the books protecting mothers who nurse in public (any public or private venue):
Breastfeeding State Laws
Who said I was against breast feeding.. you have the wrong idea.

It is the picture on a magazine that is too blatant and the boy too old. Do you understand that..

I will say it again.. I am not against breast feeding. read it again and again and know what I am saying.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:59 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Personally, I support breast feeding. However, and this is only my opinion, I think this is over the top. After a year, the child should be getting his/her nutrition through solid food, so there is no need to breastfeed. My opinion is that women who are breastfeeding toddlers/pre-school aged children are trying to meet THEIR OWN psychological needs, not the child's. However, I don't really care if people choose to do this, I just don't feel comfortable with it. Also, don't you want your boobs back? I know I sure did!!!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
If he's hungry and not being fed, he's gonna cry. I'd rather see a breastfeeding kid than hear a crying kid, any day of the week. In fact, If I saw them breastfeeding, I'd probably look away. Not really my bag. Watching people eat.
My mom tells me I used to push that thing away. So she started feeding me from a cup.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
This week's Time magazine cover features Jamie Lynne Grumet, a 26-year-old woman breastfeeding her three-year-old son.
Frankly, I've never been keen on public breast feeding, regardless of my fellow women that postulate it is a natural act. Personally, I think some natural acts are better off remaining private.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:37 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
I have no problem with a woman breast-feeding in public. Most women are discreet about it, barring of course those slobs who are making a "statement".

However, the Time cover is just plain creepy.

See? A person can be critical of the picture but not anti-public breast-feeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies