Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please provide proof that "most" conservatives are opposed to legal immigration from Mexico in reasonable numbers in relation to other nationalities. I'll be waiting. Are you aware that Mexicans are here by far in the largest numbers both legally and illegally? I see no discrimination going on there.

Those Razas can file all the complaints they want. They have an agenda and it is all about their ethnic group and no one else.
I never made the claim that most conservatives are opposed to legal immigration! You’re putting words in my mouth. What I said was that most Sheriff Joe supporters are anti-immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 06:18 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Sheriff Joe, many AMERICANS are behind you! Keep up the good work in the great state of Arizona!

Old 05-11-2012, 06:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You left out the word "illegal" in your description of his supporters being anti anything. Why was that?

What it boils down to here is: he had the balls and the affrontry to go against Washington's wishes of "shut the h*** up and let the staus quo remain so we get votes from the Latino quadrant."

The oath of office means nothing to "O" and Holder but when a Sheriff rubs their noses with it they go all legal on him, just as they have with Brewer.

He's not violating the trust of the constituents he's supposed to protect; just those of illegals who are NOT his constituents. Going after BO's pedigree is something the congress should have done but fostering no less than eight tries at re-defining the constitutional description of "citizen of birth" to lower the bar in the years that BO came into prominence running up to the election was more their style. Shame on them!

You are getting what you definitely deserve if you stifle guys like Arpaio.

I believe he should just do what Holder does and ignore any supoena's that come his way; goose-gander!
this ^^^^^^^

Old 05-11-2012, 06:56 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I never made the claim that most conservatives are opposed to legal immigration! You’re putting words in my mouth. What I said was that most Sheriff Joe supporters are anti-immigration.
You have no proof of that either. Did you miss the part where I put in parenthesis in that post (including those who like Arpaio)? It appears it is you who put words in my mouth! Why wouldn't they represent the rest of mainstream conservatives who only oppose illegal immigration? Arpaio isn't seeking out legal immigrants.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If I was Romney and after I won the WH... Sheriff Joe would be my new Attorney General.

Payback would be fun to see.
He's not even an attorney.

Last edited by HistorianDude; 05-11-2012 at 07:42 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You know very well they won't get to court until after the election, this is just a political stunt to garner Hispanic votes.
How could that be? Bush was term limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper
Obama will lose. If there was any truth to this, they'd bring criminal charges.
They can't. It's not a criminal offense.

Quote:
Probably also retribution for demanding proof of eligibility.
You actually have that completely backwards. The fake eligibility investigation was retribution for the federal charges he knew were coming.

Quote:
Joe won't surrender to intimidation.
That's why he's being sued.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So we should just ignore his violating civil rights and abuses done under hs watch. It is one thing to uphold the law, it is another in how you do it.
Can you show us accredited documented instances of him clearly violating a persons civil rights and "other abuses"

Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Can you show us accredited documented instances of him clearly violating a persons civil rights and "other abuses"

Complaint

Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You have no proof of that either. Did you miss the part where I put in parenthesis in that post (including those who like Arpaio)? It appears it is you who put words in my mouth! Why wouldn't they represent the rest of mainstream conservatives who only oppose illegal immigration? Arpaio isn't seeking out legal immigrants.
What more proof do you need? How is this defensible?>>> Complaint <<<Why are people defending these actions? If that’s not proof enough for you nothing never will be.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I didn’t leave out the word illegal. What I did was state their stance against all immigration from Mexico and that includes both illegal & legal immigration. Get it?

The only things it really boils down to is this… Everything else is moot…

Complaint
That link is to the complaint filed by the Dept of Justice, a very baised arm of the federal gov't presently tainted by scandal ; so your point would be?

You're also conveniently leaving out the little bit about a portion of his deputees being hispanic of Mexican immigration aren't you?

You're also leaving out the little bit about his constituents who've re-elected him 5 times being comprised significantly of hispanic Mexican "legal" immigration background aren't you? They also want the laws upheld.

I'll ask again: Why is that? GET IT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies