U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 11:48 PM

9,094 posts, read 5,615,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
He has some nerve with the things happening in his organization to even try to tell the number one lawman in the country what to do. He needs to get over himself and shape up before the feds come get him. Once that happens the voters will be free to pick someone else as well.
Holder? The number 1 lawman? What a joke. Holder belongs behind bars for his criminal conduct, and Obamanation right behind him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 AM

8,520 posts, read 5,008,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Holder? The number 1 lawman? What a joke. Holder belongs behind bars for his criminal conduct, and Obamanation right behind him.
It might be news to you but Eric Holder doesn’t have to get your approval to serve as the number one lawman. He serves at the discretion of our president and he’s doing a mighty fine job.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:35 AM

29,124 posts, read 22,044,942 times
Quote:
It might be news to you but Eric Holder doesn’t have to get your approval to serve as the number one lawman. He serves at the discretion of our president and he’s doing a mighty fine job.
He is?

How come he refused to prosecute individuals who as a group attempted to intimidate voters?

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/645

Old 05-12-2012, 12:43 AM

55,668 posts, read 74,646,551 times
he is not trash. he is making being a criminal unpleasant.
as to linda ronstad she has gone the way of jane fonda.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
I’m not going to lie I’ve have an opinion on weather Joe is innocent or guilty. Most departments don’t rack up that many complaints so similar in nature without good reason. To me there is a pattern and the burden of proof is on Joe. All this talk about being innocent until proven guilty only applies to trials and sentencing. As long as you’re not a judge or on the jury it’s perfectly normal to have an opinion before the trial.

I’m pretty sure you had an opinion on weather OJ Simpson was guilty before the trial. And I’m pretty sure you had an opinion once he walked away a free man.
I had no opinion about O.J. prior to his conviction(chock it up to my young age at the time - 17). I remember exactly where I was at 10:04 a.m on 3 October, 1995. I absolutely had an opinion after he was found not guilty: it was - the jury made it's decision and he has been found not guilty. Why people keep trying to assign guilt to the man is beyond me.

As for his current imprisonment in Nevada - if he really was trying to recover his property - I don't care how he accomplishes that task - as long as he doesn't harm anyone without reason. However I don't know as much about the Nevada case as I do about the L.A. case - and both times a jury came to a decision based on the evidence they heard. Who am I to question either decison?

Last edited by Harrier; 05-12-2012 at 01:02 AM..

Old 05-12-2012, 12:58 AM

8,520 posts, read 5,008,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I had no opinion about O.J. prior to his conviction(chock it up to my young age at the time - 17). I remember exactly where I was at 10:04 a.m on 3 October, 1995. I absolutely had an opinion after he was found not guilty: it was - the jury made it's decision and he has been found not guilty. Why people keep trying to assign guilt to the man is beyond me.
You my friend are clearly one in a million if you prevent your bias from influencing your opinions.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:10 AM

22,544 posts, read 11,607,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
If he has done nothing wrong then he has nothing to worry about .... right
Why was Martin Luther King imprisoned many times and assassinated?

Old 05-12-2012, 01:12 AM

Quote:
You my friend are clearly one in a million if you prevent your bias from influencing your opinions.
I have no bias when it comes to matters of fact - I analyze any evidence and make an attempt to come to a clear and just conclusion(or verdict) as the case may be. My wish is that everyone would do so - but I am not so naive as to believe that everyone is a person of integrity. But if you are a man of integrity - that is enough for me - thank you and may God bless.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why was Martin Luther King imprisoned many times and assassinated?
Because some people let passions get in front of objectivity. Dr. King's life and assasination should help people reflect on the importance of being true to their ideals. We should continually strive to attain and maintain his dream of a world where people "are not judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character". I once was skeptical of the man's worthiness for a national holiday in his name - but have since reflected on the impact he had on our history - and reconsidered. If I have any doubts - it is for why Malcolm X does not have his own holiday - but perhaps people can reflect on the lives and impact of both of these great men each February.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:51 AM

11,544 posts, read 26,011,458 times
Personally, I think the 'complaint' looks like it was written by a first year law student. To get back on point I would bet the man who was an FBI agent for a number of years knows something about the Constitution and Civil Rights.

I don't believe Terrorists or Illegal Aliens have Constitutional rights or Civil Rights excepting the right to be treated humanely. All US prisoners are fed, housed and clothed. Yes, bad things happen to good people in prison. The real solution is one prisoner per cell. It ain't gonna happen.

School yard bully? Well, 'sticks and stone may break by bones, but words will never harm me." Thankfully, most real bullies don't wear LEO uniforms.

If you think non-compliant prisoners should be treated like new-born babies and wrapped in a blanket, you should watch some of the reality cop shows. It ain't gonna happen. On the other hand, the days of the "blanket party" are over.

My feeling is if you want to better your life: enter legally, learn the rules , follow the laws, and work toward Citizenship. I think the people in DC are very disconnected with what happens on our southern borders. I also think we the people can write better and more compassionate laws, to help seasonal workers enter legally, than they can in Washington. As I understand it, the real problem is Mexican law.*

In the meantime, a Complaint is just a piece of paper. He said/she said is not proof. And we're six months from a national election.

There will me more to talk about after the jury trial. I am sure the good people of Maricopa County are going to happy to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So we should just ignore his violating civil rights and abuses done under hs watch. It is one thing to uphold the law, it is another in how you do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies