U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 01:54 PM

13,300 posts, read 10,474,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I can't wait to hear this Obama type explanation of deception falsified with lies

If that book did not produce the results I was begging for with tears.. then I would have simply abandoned it 60 years ago!

Not really, if you were brought up to believe something and it was indoctrinated into your psyche plus reinforced by others around you, it would be virtually impossible to break away from what you were taught simply because you not dare to question anything contra to what you already believe in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,826,434 times
When man was first developing and lived in tribes, it was quite common for the men to go hunting for long periods and the women would stay back looking after the children etc. The women would live in communial huts and would have sex together. The men would do the same while away from the village. It seems that homosexuality has only become a problem since we "got religion" and out of the entire animal kingdom, the present human race is the only ones who think that sex is just between male and female. We have become far too "intelligent" for our own good.

Last edited by geeoro; 05-11-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 02:01 PM

1,867 posts, read 2,357,509 times
Quote:
I guess what your really saying is that God is a liar - just like OBAMA ??

Please elaborate what God Promised YOU (personally)!!

How do you know it was God - if he does't exist like you keep claiming

Unless you become as a child you cannot enter - experience - understand or comprehend Heaven. For of such is the Kingdom

Children have no problem accepting God - Adults are much too smart.

Without FAITH - it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God!

Therein: lies the difference!!
Actually I'm a non-believer.

I'm just puzzled how this topic got so far off track and into the realm of fairy tales and claptrap that can't be proven.

(I'm not a fan of Obama either)

Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 PM

4,320 posts, read 3,671,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Not really, if you were brought up to believe something and it was indoctrinated into your psyche plus reinforced by others around you, it would be virtually impossible to break away from what you were taught simply because you not dare to question anything contra to what you already believe in
Wow your presumption is running wild in overdrive; When I started reading the bible it was to find FAULT WITH IT. I didn't believe any of what I was taught as a child!

You are so far off base and out in left field you are in a totally different ball park

But..... I guess to you - YOUR excuses sounded good (to you).

It was only when I began doing what the bible PROMISED that I got the results it PROMISED

Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM

6,423 posts, read 11,322,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
We have become far too "intelligent" for our own good.
You sure it's intelligences ?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
There are no more or less homosexuals in the USA than at any time in history. They are simply more vocal and visible now that it has gradually become socially acceptable to be homosexual. Which makes it seem like there are more of them.

I concur

Combine that with the glamorization of homosexuality in entertainment and you've got an explosion of gay friendly sexual imagery in the media which translates to young people and the sexual confusion they are exhibiting today (e.g. young girls and boys playing with bisexuality, gender confusion, etc.). School systems teaching homosexuality to kindergartners to desensitize and normalize them at a very young age to gay "culture".

I think the sexual "confusion" is not so much having to do with sex itself but more to do with a sense of belonging and the need to be loved. If you look at the wat society is heading there are less loving relationships and more "agreements and understandings" that produce unloved children

The downfall of American society.

The true downfall of American society is greed which has nothing to do with sex

Let's also not forget that in the classical era homosexuality was quite acceptable. It was religion that took hold of the Roman/Greek empires and crushed all of the lechery that was quite the norm. I have a feeling that many gays still resent that today it's not so easy to pick up young boys for sex as it was during the time of Julius Caesar and Caligula, and another reason why they have such a disdain for religion and Roman Catholicism because of the hypocrisy of the gay Priests having their way with all those young boys under the guise of the Almighty.

Being gay has nothing to do with sex with children, that is a sickness in itself. I know many gay men and women who love God, but like you said the hypocrisy of organized religion attacking them while the Catholic preists have been molesting young boys for centuries gets ignored

Old 05-11-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Wow your presumption is running wild in overdrive; When I started reading the bible it was to find FAULT WITH IT. I didn't believe any of what I was taught as a child!

You are so far off base and out in left field you are in a totally different ball park

But..... I guess to you - YOUR excuses sounded good (to you).

I think that you are little off kilter. What child looks for fault in the Bible? Especially when it is introduced to them by an authortarian adult?

Now you are here to tell everyone on this forum that you have never found any contradiction or fault in the writings of the Bible? You are either lying or delussional

Old 05-11-2012, 02:06 PM

4,320 posts, read 3,671,909 times
LiKE I SAID... your gonna do what obama does - YOU MAKE STUFF UP THAT IS NOT TRUE!

Thank you .. for proving my prediction!!

Old 05-11-2012, 02:09 PM

13,694 posts, read 15,608,962 times
Quote:
Without FAITH - it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God!

Therein: lies the difference!!
Yes, and faith can exist in the absence of religion.

One doesn't need religion to exercise faith or acknowledge God.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM

30,839 posts, read 31,685,910 times
Quote:
I guess this Politics and other controversies is only going to end up being a depository for GAY threads.

No one is born 'GAY"! No one is born a murderer. You choose your destiny through the thought process - nothing more.

Keep thinking about it.. and you cause it to grow & bloom; Dismiss the thoughts and they go away!
How long have YOU been suppressing your "gayness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies