Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

I put this in the political forum because of the annoucement made by the President recently regarding his feelings towards gay marriage

Here is my question/thoughts, there seems to be more gay/homosexuals in this country now than in the decades past, could it be because we are using more artifical additives in our food along with the increase of various medications and birth control pills that are flushed through our systems and eventually end up in the water system. There have already been reports of fish/frogs with altered reproductive systems in our lakes and rivers. I do believe that many gay men and women are born that way and the increase thier numbers has made me curious. If this is the case there are going to be alot more disenfranchised people in the near future.

Your thought on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 01:34 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Anything's possible, considering scientists haven't definitively figured out where homosexuality comes from.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:37 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I put this in the political forum because of the annoucement made by the President recently regarding his feelings towards gay marriage

Here is my question/thoughts, there seems to be more gay/homosexuals in this country now than in the decades past, could it be because we are using more artifical additives in our food along with the increase of various medications and birth control pills that are flushed through our systems and eventually end up in the water system. There have already been reports of fish/frogs with altered reproductive systems in our lakes and rivers. I do believe that many gay men and women are born that way and the increase thier numbers has made me curious. If this is the case there are going to be alot more disenfranchised people in the near future.

Your thought on this subject.
Most of the time its created by "man" but not because of anything we eat. It has to do mainly with upbringing and the child/parent relationship. Deep Google Freud, who had it right but is not in vogue now because his theories are not P.C.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:39 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Anything's possible, considering scientists haven't definitively figured out where homosexuality comes from.
God did it.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:40 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Correction. Scientists haven't found where sexuality comes from period.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Most of the time its created by "man" but not because of anything we eat. It has to do mainly with upbringing and the child/parent relationship. Deep Google Freud, who had it right but is not in vogue now because his theories are not P.C.
That explains why many pairs of twins exist where one is gay and one is not... right? I guess incorrect theories are not in vogue nor are they PC.

Thanks for playing. Try again.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
God did it.

Another good reason to dislike God.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:43 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
^^^^yet another good reason to hate God.
Why do you hate God? Because He created EVERYTHING?

Old 05-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I dunno, I disagree with that one simply because I know gay couples who raised straight kids and straight couples that have a gay child. There is a book called MY Two Moms written by a straight man with gay parents

Zach Wahl's "My Two Moms" book released April 26 - Buffalo …

Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
God did it.
But does'nt contradict of the teaching of many pastors that god created "Adam and Eve" and not "Adam and Steve?"

If you say that it was a mistake that would mean that God is falliable, which starts another arguement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies