Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 07:27 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'd say it might be a bit late. They've spent a lot of money so far, but the "movement" to move the convention out of a Right to Work state AND a state that just voted overwhelmingly FOR the definition of traditional marriage is growing.
What they aren't telling you, is that most of the pressure to move the convention out of the state, is coming from North Carolina citizens who SUPPORT the traditional-marriage amendment and the Right To Work status in the state.

North Carolina doesn't want the Democrats around.

Poor Demmies. They're finding it harder and harder to fit in among normal, hardworking Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
I'd say it might be a bit late. They've spent a lot of money so far, but the "movement" to move the convention out of a Right to Work state AND a state that just voted overwhelmingly FOR the definition of traditional marriage is growing.

But, what were they thinking in the first place? I guess they feel they needed NC enough to chance it.

Obama is not going to win NC in my opinion and if they DO move the convention, you can put that state in Mitt's column.

Democrats Having Second Thoughts About Charlotte - 2012 Decoded

Since the democrats are making evil corporations a part of their campaign strategy, they decided to forgo normal funding for the convention. The unions are balking about ponying up more funds.

Absolutely hilarious.
Obama won NC in '08 and they thought the convention would help keep the state blue. Looks like they are wrong maybe they'll move it to some liberal hellhole like Baltimore or Detroit?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:31 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm wholly convinced that Obama is out in November. I've been saying for months that Democrats are severely underestimating how disliked Barack Obama is across this country. Polls aren't capturing the true sentiment in my view.
I agree. You'd think the media would be more cautious about polls but they still seem to rely on them heavily.

I think a lot of times folks are just saying what they think the pollsters want to hear and when they go out to vote it's a different story.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:02 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,227,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Charlotte voted against the marriage amendment. And it didn't exactly overwhelmingly pass. Its not even the normal time to vote and it only passed with 58%.

The Republican convention here in Tampa is conveniently located right between two of the most liberal parts of the city - Ybor and Hyde Park. I think the Republican convention will have a lot more backlash than what the Democrats will get in Charlotte.
True, the county where Charlotte is did vote against the amendment but it was passed by 61% of the citizens of NC I would say that is a hefty majority! As a person that lives in NC I can say I am all for them taking their liberal nonsense elsewhere!

Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Tea party just swept Lugar out. The left and their dream that the tea party is no mare is a far fetched one at that. NC will not go for the orator nor any other southern state. Folks are tired of being called backwards beer swillin gun totin rednecks and the like from these holier than though lefties to top off all the other nonsense these idiots in DC have been doing. The silent majority will show up and make their feelings known at the ballot box, just like have in every state with gay marriage put to vote, and get these crooks out of DC. They are too busy working to run around screaming and crying at occupy protest that get all the attention. They can get an hour off to make thier feelings known on election day.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Second thoughts about Obama is an epidemic.
And spreading rapidly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Move it to Oakland, that way their buddies in the OWS movement can join in.

The dems need to make this move out of NC, for one thing it would help assure a loss in that state, secondly, moving, over the gay marriage ban, would put the democrats on the minority of the issue with the rest of the nation. Thirty one states ban gay marriage, and more would too, if the courts were not legislating from the bench.
Remember, OH, PA, IN, VA all have pretty good majorities that oppose gay marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL..they are having it in a non-union state that doesn't like gays.
Oh the irony of it all.
And a Right-to-Work state. What was the leadership thinking? From the very beginning, it's been one disaster after another, starting with the LACK of funds coming in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Reading and laughing at you rallying around anecdotal evidence.
Anecdotal? Like....NC voting for traditional marriage? Like the state dem party leadership involved in sex and aids scandal? Like the DNC begging the unions for more money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Charlotte voted against the marriage amendment. And it didn't exactly overwhelmingly pass. Its not even the normal time to vote and it only passed with 58%.

Only 58%?

The Republican convention here in Tampa is conveniently located right between two of the most liberal parts of the city - Ybor and Hyde Park. I think the Republican convention will have a lot more backlash than what the Democrats will get in Charlotte.
From the bowel movement known as OWS maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Obama won NC in '08 and they thought the convention would help keep the state blue. Looks like they are wrong maybe they'll move it to some liberal hellhole like Baltimore or Detroit?
They were hoping having it there, bringing in millions of dollars from the convention would curry favor with the populace.

How could the dems EVER hope to duplicate 2008, where they got ever single vote, under every single rock to come out..and won by a measly 14K votes?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:47 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,313 times
How on earth was Charlotte even considered as a possible convention site, given its status as a RTW state and everything else mentioned in this thread?

Who the heck blew the cookies on this choice?

I'd also hazard a guess that Obama's decision to go after Boeing alienated tons of citizens from one end of the state to the other.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
How on earth was Charlotte even considered as a possible convention site, given its status as a RTW state and everything else mentioned in this thread?

Who the heck blew the cookies on this choice?

I'd also hazard a guess that Obama's decision to go after Boeing alienated tons of citizens from one end of the state to the other.
That deal with Boeing and Obama's hand picked group has to be a very important part of why North Carolinians want them to go some place else.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,389 times
Quote:

But, what were they thinking in the first place? I guess they feel they needed NC enough to chance it.

Obama is not going to win NC in my opinion and if they DO move the convention, you can put that state in Mitt's column.

Democrats Having Second Thoughts About Charlotte - 2012 Decoded

Since the democrats are making evil corporations a part of their campaign strategy, they decided to forgo normal funding for the convention. The unions are balking about ponying up more funds.

Absolutely hilarious.
I don't know why they picked that place to begin with. The Democrats should have the convention in a blue state or at least a fairly blue state that can handle such an event. New York, California, Chicago, Las Vegas. Not a southern redneck state full of hayseeds like Otis the drunk and Barney Fife!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:22 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah, with Obama now liking gay marriage they better move it somewhere else.
Why not San Francisco ? They would be quite at home there.
Yes they would be. And we would be glad to have them in California!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies