Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:15 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We as teenagers in HS were not so nice to a History teacher that walked "funny" and was talking weird and what we called back then "acting like he was kind of gay" without knowing if he was or not...but teenagers being teenagers some of my classmates were not very easy on him and we all didn't do anything to stop it, but we laughed a lot.

Perhaps it was not nice but it was never crossing the line and we didn't do anything really bad more like joking and having fun about him and copying his behavior when his back was towards the class.

We didn't have a real clue about gay people but knew about gay peoplesince it was the early 70 ties and AIDS was just being mentioned on the news.

Living in the country that allowed the first gay marriages decades later and never was openly against gay's was not something that even should be thought about when it comes to teenagers foolish behavior.

To me Romney and many others have acted by making pranks on others and some may have been funny while others are not.

It is silly to even bring it up and the funniest thing to me is when the media will go after the people who now came forward with this non sense about Romney and when they start digging in their past...that can become hilarious.
The first cases of HIV were detected in the early 80s.
The Origin of AIDS and HIV and the First Cases of AIDS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,743,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The first cases of HIV were detected in the early 80s.
The Origin of AIDS and HIV and the First Cases of AIDS

Jinx! You owe me a coke!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:30 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As goes the Obama trail of lies and deciet...........I haven't seen that ^^

Here is the link that tells of the alleged "victim's" family anger at this incorrect story!

"... now, the family of the purported victim is speaking up and slamming the story as a political ploy."

Family of Romney’s Alleged Bully Victim Speaks Out: ‘We Are Aggrieved That He Would Be Used to Further a Political Agenda’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Old 05-11-2012, 08:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Your post is so true..........what the real lie is their saying Romney picked on a gay kid, Romney said he didn't even know the kid was gay. I don't think 45 yrs ago people were out of the closet yet.

Kids do dumb things, Romney and Obama made poor choice's nothing to cry about. It's hard to see Romney bullying someone, I'm sure it's not one of his better moments.
I am just a few years younger than Romney; we certainly did talk about gays back then, though the term at the time was "q*u*e*e*r".

Mitt Romney Says Homosexuality Wasn't Discussed In 1960s; History Tells A Different Story

Old 05-11-2012, 08:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
We as teenagers in HS were not so nice to a History teacher that walked "funny" and was talking weird and what we called back then "acting like he was kind of gay" without knowing if he was or not...but teenagers being teenagers some of my classmates were not very easy on him and we all didn't do anything to stop it, but we laughed a lot.

Perhaps it was not nice but it was never crossing the line and we didn't do anything really bad more like joking and having fun about him and copying his behavior when his back was towards the class.

We didn't have a real clue about gay people but knew about gay peoplesince it was the early 70 ties and AIDS was just being mentioned on the news.

Living in the country that allowed the first gay marriages decades later and never was openly against gay's was not something that even should be thought about when it comes to teenagers foolish behavior.

To me Romney and many others have acted by making pranks on others and some may have been funny while others are not.

It is silly to even bring it up and the funniest thing to me is when the media will go after the people who now came forward with this non sense about Romney and when they start digging in their past...that can become hilarious.
The high school I went to had an English teacher who had polio or something like that it left his body paralyzed on one side and he walked funny. Man, we made so much fun of him, no one would sit in the first 2 rows of his class, when he spoke he spit and everyone knew this. Matter of fact you were warned when school started not to sit in the first two rows.

The teacher would be teaching and kids would throw spit wads to stick on the chalkboard while he waswriting and of course he'd turn around and yell, "who did that" none of us would give up the kids and that would make him even madder. We just laughed harder, kids can be such brats. We always said he acted gay also really not knowing what we were saying being gay still wasn't talked about. Now some of those kids come to find out were gay. This was early 70's.

Strange no one is very concerned about the friends that Obama choose to hang with in high school or college. Then this silly attempt to say he has "Evolved" into seeing gay marriage is okay. I'm not saying one can't evolve, but usually issues like this just don't go away in 4 yrs.

I question President Obama's motive, this is nothing more than deflection of the worse kind. Think we need to look at the past four years are we any better??

Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I am just a few years younger than Romney; we certainly did talk about gays back then, though the term at the time was "*****".

Mitt Romney Says Homosexuality Wasn't Discussed In 1960s; History Tells A Different Story
I'd say it depends on were you grew up. If you were in a real conservative town, it wasn't talked about.

This and Obama pushing a girl is such a non issue. We have bigger things to look at good deflect of the Obama administration.

Guess, they wanted to get rid of the dog story, Solyandra and Fast and Furious..........Americans need to see "BS"............ when it's presented.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I'd say it depends on were you grew up. If you were in a real conservative town, it wasn't talked about.

This and Obama pushing a girl is such a non issue. We have bigger things to look at good deflect of the Obama administration.

Guess, they wanted to get rid of the dog story, Solyandra and Fast and Furious..........Americans need to see "BS"............ when it's presented.
Oh, I grew up in a very conservative town. We talked about sex all the time. Who was "doing it", with whom, who was gay, etc.

I'm not so sure this initiation rite is such a non-issue. Granted, it was a lo-o-o-ng time ago, and people change, but this "frat boy" mentality is off-putting to me.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I

Time to move on. Get back to the Economy, depressing as it is.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post

Time to move on. Get back to the Economy, depressing as it is.
Maybe the RWs could stop with these kind of threads, in that case.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Maybe the RWs could stop with these kind of threads, in that case.
Somebody had to do it to show how ridiculous the equivalent, now totally debunked Romney thread started by the LWs was.

Now its time to get back to the real issues like the economy, the deficit, unemployment, big government waste and corruption, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies