U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM

11,676 posts, read 8,261,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And everybody knows the history of both the Republican Party and the Democratic Party, the "evolution" of each party, and everybody knows that you do not know or understand that factual history after seeing the above post.
I'd think that would be pretty embarrassing.
Actually, we don't know about the evolution of the Republican Party. Why don't you explain it to us. And if you have any intelligence whatsoever you won't use Wiki.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 AM

14,810 posts, read 13,973,741 times
This first few pages of this thread were funny......in a pathetic sort of way. Liberals salivating at the crazy notion that there are conservatives/Republicans on this forum who support crazy loons like some KKK nut in Idaho running for sheriff.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,632 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
This first few pages of this thread were funny......in a pathetic sort of way. Liberals salivating at the crazy notion that there are conservatives/Republicans on this forum who support crazy loons like some KKK nut in Idaho running for sheriff.
To me this isn't funny. This almost happened before in Louisiana with David Duke. Tom Metzger, founder of White Aryan Resistance, tried the same thing when he won a Democratic Party nomination for the US House of Representative with 40,000 votes in the 43rd California district, in San Diego. Thankfully, he lost. He lost to Republican Clair Burgener. It didn't even have to be a Republican in this case.

Last edited by green_mariner; 05-11-2012 at 08:57 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 08:49 AM

11,676 posts, read 8,261,950 times
Quote:
And a tub of hot popcorn.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To me this isn't funny. This almost happened before in Louisiana with David Duke. Tom Metzger tried the same thing when he won a Democratic Party nomination for the US House of Representative with 40,000 votes in a San Diego,CA district. Thankfully, he lost. It didn't even have to be a Republican in this case.
It was the posts of the "salivating liberals" that I thought was funny--not the subject matter.

There was once a Neo-Nazi/white supremacist in the Democratic Party?? Horrors.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 2 days ago)

47,632 posts, read 45,275,083 times
Quote:
It was the posts of the "salivating liberals" that I thought was funny--not the subject matter.

There was once a Neo-Nazi/white supremacist in the Democratic Party?? Horrors.
David Duke later switched to the Republican Party and held a seat in as a Louisiana State Representative for the 81st Representative District.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 AM

16,268 posts, read 9,082,410 times
Quote:
To me this isn't funny. This almost happened before in Louisiana with David Duke. Tom Metzger, founder of White Aryan Resistance, tried the same thing when he won a Democratic Party nomination for the US House of Representative with 40,000 votes in the 43rd California district, in San Diego. Thankfully, he lost. He lost to Republican Clair Burgener. It didn't even have to be a Republican in this case.
I am from Louisiana and a Republican. I voted for the democrat Edwin Edwards... as did a lot of republicans.

you would have to have a solid understanding of Louisiana politics to know that that really means. Edwards was utterly hated by true conservatives. LOVED by democrats but everyone knew he was a criminal.

that last election he would never have won if he had to run against an honest republican. Duke was as advertized and even in a state that has had a bad racists past/present(?) Duke lost bigtime.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
David Duke later switched to the Republican Party and held a seat in as a Louisiana State Representative for the 81st Representative District.
I know. Politics attracts lots of scum. Last I heard about David Duke he was a college professor in Ukraine--or some place like that, I believe. Or was that just a rumor?

Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM

10,136 posts, read 6,464,104 times
To assume that all KKK members are GOP is just so stupid its beyond words. What else can be said about this? Liberals are so ignorant it is pitiful. Robert Byrd comes to mind as a big KKK democrat. It seems the Democratic party had a lot of ties with the KKK.
I mean after all it was the Democrats that started the KKK.

Last edited by Scotty011; 05-11-2012 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,235 posts, read 13,983,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
And the GOP/KKK/Neo-Nazi ties strengthen. Today in Idaho, a KKK imperial wizard running as a republican for sheriff, comments on burning crosses during an event he hosted recently:

"Itís a pro-Christian ceremony the fact it represents our father Jesus Christ and putting his life upon the world"

The GOP has completely gone off their rocker from coast to coast

KKK member running for sherrif calls cross-burning 'Pro-Christian' | KING5.com Seattle
thread fail

1. sheriff iis a NONpartisan job...NO party affiliation

2, the actions/opinions of one nut job does not reflect the opinions of an entire party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or