U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 09:04 PM

21,622 posts, read 11,080,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
What do you need them for anyway? Don't kill - yet most AMERICANS are thrilled by the act of capital punishment and abortion.

Do not covet- yet you plunder an nation that is weaker than you and take their goods and resources.

Adultery- It just as common as marriage.

False gods- money is your god.

I could go on and on- so which ones do they want to toss out that they have not already tossed out? Seem that there are no commanded laws left that the nation adheres to anyway---so what is the big deal?
One must understand the word kill first . Did not God have war even in heaven. Did not God give authority for David to kill Goliath?

Kill meaning to extinguish with murder in their heart is to kill is to murder. To battle is not to kill as God has commanded not to do. That which is evil will be in the end destroyed. God has created the destroyer as well.

We are to respect life and not kill for jealously or ill will or to do evil.

Capital punishment is for those who murdered and have no remorse and will probably murder again.. many murderers have been released and innocent victims added to the list.. so what do you do with the Ted Bundys? What about the BTK killer. Let him loose to kill again.. evil is evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 PM

26,295 posts, read 17,215,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I made sure that the kids knew that the 3/5 Compromise was done in order to have a Constitution. Slave owners wanted to count all of the slaves and not let them vote so the people from the north allowed counting 3/5 of them in order to get the Constitution done with all the states involved. When people throw that man, 3/5 of a man at me I have to consider them just a bit ignorant of the whole thing.

As for women voting, that came here from Europe and just took some time to get past. I don't think a lot of women really cared up to the 20th century but now I wonder if they should be allowed to vote since so many of them will vote Obama again for whatever reason they use.

I will take it that you don't realize that the 3/5 Compromise was done away with after the Civil War. You don't really think that is still a part of the law.
There's that Christian Taliban thingy again...

Why do you assume that so many women vote for Obama...gee, could it be that the right wing policies do not favor women?

Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 PM

21,622 posts, read 11,080,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
It seems like you are angry at people for not sharing in your delusion, which I somewhat sympathize with.

I don't participate in any of that Christmas nonsense and have no idea what the true meaning of Christmas is supposed to be, however, I fully agree with you that for most people Christmas is about buying a bunch of garbage to put under a stupid tree. What do you want people to do?

I don't recall ever hearing anybody refer to a Christmas tree as a holiday tree, and I even hear Jew's, Muslim's, and Hindu's say Merry Christmas. Maybe this is only a Miami thing, but I recall having similar experiences during Christmas in NYC, Paris, and Munich, in any case, I think you need to get out of your house and into the real world for a while.
I am in the world but not a part of it. Many of my friends tell me the incidences of calling the tree a holiday tree in school. One muslim would not go into the room that had a Christmas tree in it until it was removed. I hear many things and see many things. I don't live under a rock . I just come from a different place , a different kingdom than yours.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 PM

26,295 posts, read 17,215,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am in the world but not a part of it. Many of my friends tell me the incidences of calling the tree a holiday tree in school. One muslim would not go into the room that had a Christmas tree in it until it was removed. I hear many things and see many things. I don't live under a rock . I just come from a different place , a different kingdom than yours.
The Christmas tree thing is also taken from the Pagans. The Jesus story had nothing to do with pine trees. Did Jesus ever meet Santa Claus?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:11 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,622,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Does it matter?
I think to them it might...........

Quote:
Radical beliefs wouldn't matter if not for continued push for governing everybody on those basis. It is why separation of religion and state is required
This I agree with, but I do have a problem eliminating God out of all things, I also realize, which God would we serve.

Quote:
They react.
With little tolerance and a lot of hate. It's gotten into overkill.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh, I get it...you were referring to the skepticism of Jefferson. Nevertheless, saying something is rubbish does not make it non factual. This is most likely going off topic, but these facts are just further proof of the insincerity of many religious teachings and a good reason why Jefferson cut all the nonsensical fables out of his version of the Bible.
I do understand why he would cut some of it out. I feel the same at times.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Jefferson was also skeptical of Jesus' presentation in the Bible.
Care to explain?

Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I made sure that the kids knew that the 3/5 Compromise was done in order to have a Constitution. Slave owners wanted to count all of the slaves and not let them vote so the people from the north allowed counting 3/5 of them in order to get the Constitution done with all the states involved. When people throw that man, 3/5 of a man at me I have to consider them just a bit ignorant of the whole thing.

As for women voting, that came here from Europe and just took some time to get past. I don't think a lot of women really cared up to the 20th century but now I wonder if they should be allowed to vote since so many of them will vote Obama again for whatever reason they use.

I will take it that you don't realize that the 3/5 Compromise was done away with after the Civil War. You don't really think that is still a part of the law.
Free birth control and that free mortgage some thought he promised .............you'd think after the dog story most would be turned off.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There's that Christian Taliban thingy again...

Why do you assume that so many women vote for Obama...gee, could it be that the right wing policies do not favor women?
At least this is what the Libs lead others to believe. As the left's policies make women feel needy and helpless. Many women on the right have fought for women's rights, it's not just a left thingy!!!

Republican Women: Feminism and Conservatism from Suffrage Through the Rise of the New Right

Conservatives won the culture war within the Republican Party, with the help of Schlafly’s Republican women. These women then used their clout within the party to expand their work beyond that of worker bees. They not only wrote the key planks in the Platform, but set the standards for many Republican candidates. By organizing against everything feminist, conservative Republican women gained the power inside their party that feminists wanted women to have.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:02 AM

62,697 posts, read 34,168,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
And you engage in Academic Dishonesty.

"....he quoted some of the 10 commandments...?

Oh, really?

Um, in response to what question?

Mark 10:17 “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

The question for the not-too-bright and the Academically Dishonest was about how one gets "eternal life."

That is an important question, is it not?

And what does Jesus give for a response?

Mark 10:18 Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 10:19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not give false testimony, do not defraud, honor your father and mother.’” 10:20 The man said to him, “Teacher, I have wholeheartedly obeyed all these laws since my youth.” 10:21 As Jesus looked at him, he felt love for him and said, “You lack one thing. Go, sell whatever you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

Now, please do tell where it says, "Love your god and love your neighbor."

If that was one of the commandments, then why didn't the discombobulated fraudulent charlatan Jesus tell the guy?

Was Jesus lying to the man? Was Jesus trying to tempt or trick the man in a satanic way?

If the answer was simply "Love your god and love your neighbor" then why didn't Jesus just say so? Why all of the coy games?

In fact, Jesus is asked on numerous occasions what is necessary for eternal life, and each and every time, Jesus gives a different answer to the question:

Become like a child
Sell everything you own and give the money to the poor
Hate your father
Become like the wind
Drink my blood
Hate your mother
Follow the commandments
Hate your spouse
Eat my flesh
Become born-again
Hate your children
Your righteousness must surpass that of the Pharisees and the law
Give away everything you own to the poor

Very obviously, Jesus/Yahweh had no friggin' clue what he was talking about...he was just making it all up as he went along.

It's probably a good thing the Romans had the common sense to crucify him, because if he would be alive today...

Hey, Jesus-thing, how do I get eternal life?

Elect Pete Rose to the Baseball Hall of Fame
Sell your pet rock
Become like an organic garden
Sell all of your stocks and bonds and give the money to the poor
Buy American
Eat McDonald's
Hate Arabs
Give away all of your CDs and DVDs
Buy Union
Hate Mooslims
Become as righteous as a pedophile Catholic Priest
Become like an MP3 file
Hate the Rich
Drink urine
Become like an hybrid car
Bathe in beer
Eat more chicken

That isn't Jesus talking, that's just some ordinary guy.

But if it was, then it shows how stupid Yahsus or Jesweh (sort of like Brad Pitt + Angelina Jolie = Brangelina;, Tom Cruise + Katie Holmes = TomKat; Jake Gyllenhaal + Reese Witherspoon = Gyllenspoon; Ben Affleck + Jennnifer Lopez = Bennifer --- so this is like Yahweh + Jesus = Yahsus -- ha ha) he really is.

But if you insist that it was Jesweh, then "obsolete?" Why? Looks like the great god erred (again). Or moved the goal-posts (again -- they like moving the goal-posts -- I guess it keeps the scared on their toes).

Remember Yahsus sends a pack of bears to maul and kill a group of children who laughed at a bald man, and now Jesweh is saying love your neighbor.

Smells like schizophrenia or a split-personality disorder to me.

Jesweh already changed the covenant (because he mucked it up) 3x. How do you know Yahsus won't change it again? Maybe he gets tired of the love your neighbor thing and wants to send some more floods to murder everyone.

Theologically...

Mircea
You are still not getting it. All of the above fall under the "love god and love your neighbor". It summarizes everything.

PS apostle Paul was not not an ordinary guy, as his words in the Bible are also the words of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies