U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2012, 08:42 AM
 
51,640 posts, read 41,606,703 times
Reputation: 32260

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The "Left?" I was thinking just the opposite. Zimmerman has been the poster boy for the NRA and the right wing conservatives who support the Stand-Your-Ground laws. Who bought all of the shooting targets resembling Trayvon Martin? Left-wing liberals?

The discussion about his ancestry is ludicrous and irrelevant to the case. So now this is a Black on Black crime?
Nancy, you apparently have come late to the party here.

Go read the initial trayvon martin thread.

Racist statements about whites were brought up early and often with comments like "he was walking while black" and other assertions that the incident was racially motivated.

What you are seeing is blowback against all those comments and I can't help but laugh that suddenly you want race to be irrelevant to the situation? it's wayyyyy too late for that and now that the people that brought race into this in the first place are looking more and more foolish you want to forget about it?

Please, go read the initial trayvon thread...it's enlightening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,955,937 times
Reputation: 5904
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
The Blacks know better than to attack Hispanics and proclaim "dis justice for tray tray". The Hispanics don't play that.

Whites in this country, for the most part, are cowards. They will back down from confrontation with people of other races out of cowardice/fear of being called a racist.

The day that Blacks begin assaulting Hispanics in the same way they currently terrorize Whites, there will be hell to pay.

It's much easier to just attack Whites and not worry about "hate crime" charges and the media will even censor your description in the media anyway.
There's a lot of truth to that. But IF things get too far out of hand; us white people have been known for going overboard in pushing back; especially the Irish and Italians. But certain "minority" groups don't wanna face that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,883 posts, read 102,281,764 times
Reputation: 32946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nancy, you apparently have come late to the party here.

Go read the initial trayvon martin thread.

Racist statements about whites were brought up early and often with comments like "he was walking while black" and other assertions that the incident was racially motivated.

What you are seeing is blowback against all those comments and I can't help but laugh that suddenly you want race to be irrelevant to the situation? it's wayyyyy too late for that and now that the people that brought race into this in the first place are looking more and more foolish you want to forget about it?

Please, go read the initial trayvon thread...it's enlightening.
Late to the party? Au contraire, justNancy has been part of this conversation from the beginning of the first Martin/Zimmerman thread. She has participated in these threads a lot more than you have.

GZ has been a poster boy for the NRA and particularly for the SYG laws. Those Trayvon Martin targets were heinous. There has been a lot of claptrap on all the M/Z threads about Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 12:29 PM
 
Location: on the edge of Sanity
14,269 posts, read 15,852,965 times
Reputation: 7898
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I wonder what left/right/conservatives/liberals/and every race/racist, would have to talk about if the subject of racism disappeared? Obviously the majority of people want it to exist. Gives them some place to put their "ugly".
We will never know, because people need to hate or blame somebody else for their own unhappiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 01:21 PM
 
51,640 posts, read 41,606,703 times
Reputation: 32260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Late to the party? Au contraire, justNancy has been part of this conversation from the beginning of the first Martin/Zimmerman thread. She has participated in these threads a lot more than you have.

GZ has been a poster boy for the NRA and particularly for the SYG laws. Those Trayvon Martin targets were heinous. There has been a lot of claptrap on all the M/Z threads about Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.
Go back to the first thread. You don't get off the first page before the statements start.

Ignorance is bliss, just reinvent the threads in your memory I guess.

(and this coming from someone that supports the fact that he was charged....I just didn't appreciate the wave of race baiting and racist accusations that whites are just out to gun down blacks.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,883 posts, read 102,281,764 times
Reputation: 32946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Go back to the first thread. You don't get off the first page before the statements start.

Ignorance is bliss, just reinvent the threads in your memory I guess.

(and this coming from someone that supports the fact that he was charged....I just didn't appreciate the wave of race baiting and racist accusations that whites are just out to gun down blacks.)
What did I say that was untrue?

I don't think anyone said the above. I don't think anyone even said GZ was out to do that.

Yes, I support that GZ was charged. For God's sake, he killed someone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 PM
 
51,640 posts, read 41,606,703 times
Reputation: 32260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't think anyone said the above. I don't think anyone even said GZ was out to do that.
Really? Well let me refresh your memory...this may not be pleasant to read.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Page 1:
Quote:
Could it be that it was walking while Black?
Page 2:
Quote:
The kid was probably too uppity for the block watch captain.
Page 2:
Quote:
He saw a black guy walking in a hooded sweater in a gated community. That pretty much will make any white person ***** in their pants and apparently get you killed.
Page 2:
Quote:
Note to black people, you have to be careful about what you wear and how you walk in a gated community.
Page 3:
Quote:
Because this wouldn't have happened to a white person
Page 3:
Quote:
this is a white guy who killed a black kid. He is going to claim self defense. There isn't anyway the 911 tapes are going to be released.
You really don't remember these statements?

Page 4:
Quote:
I'm 100% certain that the kid wasn't doing anything wrong except being black in a gated community. If that kid was breaking into a car or house, it would have been reported by now. The reality is, he saw a black kid and got scared because he was wearing a hoodie and didn't think he belonged their. I don't need to wait for facts to come out.


Page 4:
Quote:
Race needs to brought into the discussion because it was a white guy killing a black kid because of his race.
Page 5:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55
Its not ignorant, its the truth. He saw a black kid and assumed he was up to no good.

I believe that's what happened. <<<response from TrapperJohn
Page 6:
Quote:
I suppose the police will eventually turn over the 911 calls, but I won't be surprised if those calls have been 'lost.'
Have a good weekend...I'm stopping there. I think I've made my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,883 posts, read 102,281,764 times
Reputation: 32946
P1. Is a question, not a statement of fact or even opinion.

P2 (1). No mention of race. If you interpreted it as racial, that's your bias, not necessarily the poster's.

P2 (2) and (3). Somewhat supportive of your point.

P3 (1). Mentions race, does not say anything about GZ.

P3 (2). A true statement.

P4, P5. Support your statement somewhat. The 2nd quote from P4 is actually the only statement that specifically supports your point.

P6. Nary a word about race.

You haven't proven your point to me. Solly, Charley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 02:50 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,767,531 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What did I say that was untrue?

I don't think anyone said the above. I don't think anyone even said GZ was out to do that.

Yes, I support that GZ was charged. For God's sake, he killed someone!
You and your fellow liberals engage in race baiting because you need to do everything possible to get support for Obama in November. I hope George Zimmerman and his family are able to sue NBC for the edited tape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 PM
 
Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,997 posts, read 5,703,343 times
Reputation: 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Wanna show me this criminal record of Zimmermans please?

I a$$ume that you have access to them?

He 'assaulted' a bus driver?

He had women's jewelry and burglary tools in his possession?

He was a 'prolific' graffiti artist on school lockers maybe?

He was .. NoLimit_*****<--HEY! You can call yourself this on twitter but not here? (Must be 'Racist'!)
Now .. Go away!
George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in '05 & 2 domestic assaults // Current TV
Zimmerman's MySpace Page Shows Disparaging Remarks Towards Mexicans
George Zimmerman boasts of escaping criminal charges in 2005 MySpace page - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com
George Zimmerman Myspace Page Suggests History Of Racial Profiling

keep reaching, you may fall out of that chair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:43 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top