U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 AM

2,161 posts, read 1,657,003 times

Advertisements

Ah, yes, Regnery Publishing, a right-wing publishing house that peddles utter nonsense because they know that some people are dumb enough to inhale every word, no matter how unfounded...

Regnery Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 07:33 AM

10,267 posts, read 11,138,855 times
Let's see. The author was exposed as a fabricator when his previous book was published; even though he was a former editor of the New York Times Magazine he couldn't get the book published by a real publisher and had it published by Regnery, whose sole stock in trade is right-wing tracts; and even Rupert Murdoch's New York Post characterizes his claims as "incredible".

Yeah, there's not much there.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,763,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
No, he/she called it right. Primarying Obama would be the end of Hillary's career - people who primary sitting presidents n the modern era always end up losing and damaging their party (see: 1992, 1980).

And of course, the fact that Bill Clinton is publicly campaigning for Obama doesn't help matters in the slightest.
I wasn't arguing about the politics of it. I was arguing these words of hers:

Quote:
I guess this goes to show that anyone can write a sensationalized "unauthorized biography" to make a few bucks. I think Hilary might change her mind to run in 2016, but it would have been political suicide for her to have made a run this round, and she and Bill both know that.
I was arguing point she made about "making a few bucks" off of "unauthorized" books using what she seems to believe are words that Bill Clinton didn't actually say. I believe she's wildly off base and is simply going to bat for Barack Obama, as she always does.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:44 AM

23,851 posts, read 19,763,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Ah, yes, Regnery Publishing, a right-wing publishing house that peddles utter nonsense because they know that some people are dumb enough to inhale every word, no matter how unfounded...

Regnery Publishing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attacking the messenger accomplishes what exactly? Can you disprove the content of the book in question?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM

62,371 posts, read 34,011,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Attacking the messenger accomplishes what exactly? Can you disprove the content of the book in question?
I would like to see the message. Does someone have a verified quote with Clinton calling Obama an amateur?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM

86,819 posts, read 102,118,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If this is true, it does not surprise me. I have little doubt the Clintons did explore that possibility. If Obama loses this election, you can take it to the bank that Hillary will start her own presidential campaign about 2014.
Goodness, by 2014 Hillary will be 67 years old, 69 by 2016. I think she's about ready to retire. POTUS is not my idea of a "retirement job".

Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 AM

51,473 posts, read 41,476,957 times
What's the big fuss about? Obama was indeed an amature heading into the democratic primaries. But for the timely intervention of Oprah....he loses badly to Hillary.

I pretty much guarantee you that his presidential run was undertaken as exploratory with the idea of a serious run down the road.

I mean seriously, a first term senator is not a hardened politician and compared to the Clintons.....oh heck ya he was an amature.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:56 AM

51,473 posts, read 41,476,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Goodness, by 2014 Hillary will be 67 years old, 69 by 2016. I think she's about ready to retire. POTUS is not my idea of a "retirement job".
^^^^Yeah, at that point the age factor does kick in. It was a major issue for McCain.

Had Obama been older I would have looked at Biden and shuddered....just like I did when contemplating McCain's also crappy VP selection.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM

34,542 posts, read 33,516,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
1. She's probably less radical than Obama
2. She was definitely more quaified than Obama in '08.
Really? What executive experience did she have? For the record, I didn't think McCain was qualified for the job, either.

Hillary Clinton's paper on Saul Alinsky was the one she attempted to keep hidden.

For Clinton and Obama, a Common Ideological Touchstone

"Alinsky writes on page 10, “A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into a new social order, or the “dictatorship” of the proletariat and finally the last stage, the political paradise of communism.” A letter from Saul Alinsky’s son David States: “Obama learned his lesson well. I am proud to see that my father’s model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we his approach 100th birthday.”

"Alinsky offered Hillary a job upon graduation from Wellesley but she decided to attend Yale Law School where she met her husband Bill Clinton."

Obama, Hillary Clinton, Saul Alinsky and Rules For Radicals | RedState

Old 05-11-2012, 08:20 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,039,899 times
The Clintons have done enough damage to this country. Time for real change: Ron Paul!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies