Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:51 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,077,758 times

Advertisements

Agree that Glass-Stegall repeal should be rolled back. Volker rule would have limited by not prevented the loss due to the Republican and banking lobbies intense efforts to loosen up loop holes already.

This single incident will NOT necessitate a QE3, but ANY defaulting by JPM would send ripples (large ripples) through the entire world i.e. Greece/Spain.

And the WTO would have nothing to do w/ Glass-Stegall.

What I'm waiting for is the true REST of the story to come out. These losses have been moved around and hidden since March. The other shoe has yet to drop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 07:53 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Reinstating the Glass-Steagall act is in direct violation of the WTO. It would have to conform to the WTO. Pretty much making it NOT the Glass-Steagall act..

http://www.citizen.org/documents/Fin...SheetFINAL.pdf
Thanks for the info.

Just another reason to get the US out of these Globalist organizations which interfere with our own domestic policies.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,900,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Agree that Glass-Stegall repeal should be rolled back. Volker rule would have limited by not prevented the loss due to the Republican and banking lobbies intense efforts to loosen up loop holes already.

This single incident will NOT necessitate a QE3, but ANY defaulting by JPM would send ripples (large ripples) through the entire world i.e. Greece/Spain.

What I'm waiting for is the true REST of the story to come out. These losses have been moved around and hidden since March. The other shoe has yet to drop.
It has everything to do with the WTO, which calls for global need for deregulation...

Glass-Steagall directly undermines the WTO..it would be rendered useless if the US is in participation with the WTO.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
It has everything to do with the WTO, which calls for global need for deregulation...

Glass-Steagall directly undermines the WTO..it would be rendered useless if the US is in participation with the WTO.
It's that good ole "globalization" sneaking up on people again.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
When GWB tried to bring it back the Democrats repeatedly blocked him.
That is complete bunk.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:

Maybe it already has with the JP Morgan loss. JP Morgan has been deeply involved in this going back to at least TARP.

I recall the Jon Corzine MF Global case of the disappearing money from clients segregated funds also involved a transfer of funds from MF Global to JP Morgan. JP Morgan, with its huge investment in BP oil was in Libya (represented by former British PM Majors) immediately prior to Gaddafi's capture.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe it already has with the JP Morgan loss. JP Morgan has been deeply involved in this going back to at least TARP.

I recall the Jon Corzine MF Global case of the disappearing money from clients segregated funds also involved a transfer of funds from MF Global to JP Morgan. JP Morgan, with its huge investment in BP oil was in Libya (represented by former British PM Majors) immediately prior to Gaddafi's capture.
I'm from NJ, born and raised... And it was amazing to me how many people thought Corzine was a true Democrat. What was even more cringeworthy...was how many people did not know he was CEO of Goldman-Sachs. And when I said he bought his seat they looked at me like I was a nutjob.

I always said Corzine was part of the big boy network...and this was on a state level scale. And it's so scary that people are indifferent to the guys higher up on the ladder...

They still believe that they care about us.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:

The WTO has NOTHING to do with financial regulation in the sense that Glass-Steagall constrains RISK through regulation not denied access.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
The WTO has NOTHING to do with financial regulation in the sense that Glass-Steagall constrains RISK through regulation not denied access.
Yes it does. Go off an read about what is prohibited by the WTO.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Only in markets allowed by.....drum roll......THE WTO FSA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies