Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 05:20 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,112 times

Advertisements

Zbigniew Brzenski wrote about that decades ago and now his vision has came true. Outside of Wall Street, there aren't any terrorists coming to get us. Some like to keep fear mongering about the cave dwelling brown people with turbans who are apparently everywhere so we have give up our rights to be protected against these nonexistent boogie men. Now we see this entire war on terror apparatus being turned inward against us as it was designed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The border rules were standardized under the Security and Prosperity Partnership Agreement. If you REALLY want to see how the sovereignty of the United States, Canada and Mexico was stolen by corporate bureaucrats, study the S&PP. That will be more difficult to do now as they took down all their websites when Obama entered the White House. So long as Bush was President, they didn't care if you knew about it because you couldn't stop it with Bush providing cover.

By the way, I was refused entry to my own country, not because I didn't have a passport (not required then), but because I didn't have $5 American to pay the commercial vehicle entry fee. They wouldn't take Loonies.
I hear ya on the stupid Duty fee's

But on the other hand I voted for PM Steven Harper who signed in the SPP Between Canada and the U.S. dude

The SPP is less "NAU" and more "Fotress North America" type of a policy anyways.. So really both of our countries gave up our alot of our freedoms long ago.. I just suprised posters (not refering to you) still go all about it now...

Old 05-11-2012, 05:25 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No offense, but I think this ^^^ is naive thinking when trying to cross the border into another country. Would you confront or challenge such people if you were trying to go into China, for example? Challenging authority in your country, the U.S., where you are a citizen is a whole different thing.

If the guy had an issue with his treatment when crossing the U.S. border, he should have just gone back home and consulted a lawyer for the best advice regarding how to proceed with "abuse of power" charges/complaints against those officers.

That's right. If you challenge them at the border, you'll lose...every time. It's easier and smarter to just get through the confrontation with a smile on your face and THEN fight back when you're safely out of their grasp.

It's sorta like some advice I got early on the Army. If an officer or a sergeant gives you a dumb order, don't question it or challenge his authority right then. Follow the order first and THEN question it. That way YOU will be on solid ground and stay out of trouble. (too bad I didn't take that advice! LOL)

Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I hear ya on the stupid Duty fee's

But on the other hand I voted for PM Steven Harper who signed in the SPP Between Canada and the U.S. dude

The SPP is less "NAU" and more "Fotress North America" type of a policy anyways.. So really both of our countries gave up our alot of our freedoms long ago.. I just suprised posters (not refering to you) still go all about it now...
I might agree with you if the S&PP only involved security, but it doesn't. It's much more far reaching than that, involving such things as immigration, transportation, health care, agriculture, taxation. The list of policies (see: LAWS) to be standardized without either the consent or advice of the duly elected representatives of The People of all three countries is just about all-inclusive.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No offense, but I think this ^^^ is naive thinking when trying to cross the border into another country. Would you confront or challenge such people if you were trying to go into China, for example? Challenging authority in your country, the U.S., where you are a citizen is a whole different thing.

If the guy had an issue with his treatment when crossing the U.S. border, he should have just gone back home and consulted a lawyer for the best advice regarding how to proceed with "abuse of power" charges/complaints against those officers.

China mowed over their protesters with tanks (among many other human rights violations), a bit of a poor example don't you think?

The guy was with his wife/girlfriend in a common border crossing between two countries that are very similar good allies.

Seriously, I am all for secure borders, but this is as silly as the TSA and their stupid actions.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,376,611 times
That's why you don't mouth off to a cop.

The canadian didn't handle it cool.
The border guard was obviously making him pay for sorrrta being a smartalec.

If he was cool "aboot" it, he would have been sent on his merry way.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:58 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Listen to the questioning. They were asked where they were going, he said the name of the mall. He was asked where that was, the "address", he stated he didn't know the exact address, it was a mall in Niagara. Then he was asked what store he was going to...

The problem here is the officer was stupid. It is a MALL, you don't know exactly what store you are going to in a mall always, its a MALL, it has many stores, the point of going to a MALL is to browse the MANY stores a MALL has.

Him getting angry at the stupidity of the officer was perfectly within reason. The officer was a moron and didn't have the basic common sense to ask questions that are reasonable and relevant. The officer also is completely unprofessional and unethical as it is obvious his emotions took over (being offended by having his stupidity pointed out concerning the absurdity of the questions being asked) and he escalated the incident into detainment. Frankly, If I was his superior, I would have had his arse in a ringer.

I would have likely ended up in the same situation. I have no tolerance for stupidity, especially when it comes from authority figures who do not understand the purpose of their role and abuse that power.
It's obvious you don't travel much, not internationally.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I haven't noticed the OP complaining about Obama signing the Patriot Act, NDAA (abolishing due process), or declaring that he can have any US citizen assassinated. I didn't notice the OP complain when Obama signed legislation to make free speech wherever the Secret Service may be a felony. I didn't notice the OP complain when Obama signed an agreement with Canada to allow their police to cross into the USA to put down civil uprisings.

I'm confused as to why the "police state" would suddenly bother the OP now.
Then you do not pay attention or have a very short attention span, on various threads I have stated I was against those acts and I have also stated that I supported Jill Stein in several thread, Obama is a criminal and a liar just like Bush, both parties are owned by the corporate elite.
But I am sure in several weeks you will be asking the same questions of me

Old 05-11-2012, 09:10 PM

371 posts, read 443,409 times
Well, it looks like police stations across the US are getting 2700 cool new police cars:

Old 05-11-2012, 09:13 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
al-Qaeda won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies