Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:14 AM

1,196 posts, read 838,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Black America and the national democratic party have a deep, loving relationship:

BLACK CONSERVATIVE GETS THROWN OUT OF STUDIO (SELLOUT TO THE TEA PARTY) PART 2 - YouTube
MEMPHIS, TN (abc24.com) - Controversial radio host Thaddeus Matthews has been kicked off the air. Matthews caused an uproar with the way he treated U.S. Congressional candidate Charlotte Bergmann on his radio show a couple of weeks ago.
Thaddeus Matthews Kicked Off the Radio | Memphis Breaking News, Weather & Sports | WPTY-TV | ABC24, abc24.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:26 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
I'm sorry, but didn't the article say that the bill drew sharp criticisms from both Republicans and Democrats????
Yes. The amendment was withdrawn.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:34 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
from your article:

"Under Section 5, seven states and several counties in other states in the South are required to get federal clearance before they make any changes to their election laws. Under the law, Alabama, Alaska, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina and Virginia must pre-clear all changes to voting procedures with the U.S. attorney general. Some counties in Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho and North Carolina face the same requirement."

I agree. it is time to start getting the fed gov't out of state issues.

Voting is a state issue.
I know what the article says and I agree with it 100%. Once the states get into the business of acting right the feds will get out of their business. But not a second sooner…

Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
For all tis fighting to vote, what do we, I.e. blacks, have to show for it?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:45 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I’m not following you on this one. My agenda is progressive.
By nature, progressives are racists. See: Woodrow Wilson and Margaret Sanger.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:27 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I know what the article says and I agree with it 100%. Once the states get into the business of acting right the feds will get out of their business. But not a second sooner…
IMO, the fed has NO RIGHT to interfere in elections. It is a state run and controlled action.

That is why there is NO fed run election.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:19 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The GOP is obsessed with removing African-American voting rights.

It is all part of their campaign to re-enslave blacks.

Nefarious, indeed.
Why would you think that the party that was founded on freeing black people from slavery would want to restart that institution?

More proof that liberals don't do much thinking before shooting off their mouth.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:24 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why would you think that the party that was founded on freeing black people from slavery would want to restart that institution?

More proof that liberals don't do much thinking before shooting off their mouth.
Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-14-2012, 07:29 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
That's what I said. My question is why don't they do something that makes it so that African Americans can take care of themselves? They'll dump money into projects, schools that fail, and welfare, but they'll not restore Title VII. They don't want African Americans to be strong.

Republicans might be trying to indirectly kill African Americans, but Democrats are trying to maintain African Americans' dependence on them.
Back that last statement up. Tell me what benefits are only for blacks under dems that aren't there under conservatives?

Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
IMO, the fed has NO RIGHT to interfere in elections. It is a state run and controlled action.

That is why there is NO fed run election.
The fed has no right as long as they aren’t one of the states or counties with a history of discrimination in voting. That sounds a little better…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies