Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,994,583 times

Advertisements

The attorney, O'Mara is correct and is doing a fine job defending his client. He can't stop this entrepeneur from selling his merchandise, but he sure can make a case that will help end this case from being tried in the court of public opinion. I would make the same statements if I were defending Mr. Zimmerman or the attorney for Trayvon Martin's parents. Let's stick with what the facts of the case are - some people forget that we have juries to keep the integrity of judgments intact. This case will go to trial - and the only thing that will matter in the end is what the jury thinks of the facts that are presented as evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Good point.

There is a distinction between choosing to mock the death of a teenager vs. defacing photos or images of adults, who CHOOSE to be part of the political process.
Then I will take it that you think anything I say about Obama that is derogatory is just hunky dory or is it that it is Republicans that can be made fun of and it is ok? It is pretty obvious what you think.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Good point.

There is a distinction between choosing to mock the death of a teenager vs. defacing photos or images of adults, who CHOOSE to be part of the political process.
I have an idea. Why not take the photos of these nice little white girls that the crazed white man killed this week before he killed himself in Mississippi today and make gun targets out of them? Then we can all get our jollies off shooting their little eyes out and causing even more hurt to their parents! Maybe sell them outside the funeral with those Republican nut cases from Kansas!
FBI most wanted, suspected killer of Tennessee mother and daughter commits suicide | The News Tribe

Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,718,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Then I will take it that you think anything I say about Obama that is derogatory is just hunky dory or is it that it is Republicans that can be made fun of and it is ok? It is pretty obvious what you think.
Yes, Obama chose to put himself into the public venue. That makes him subject to whatever way you feel you need to verbally express your feelings of him.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:00 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,718,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I have an idea. Why not take the photos of these nice little white girls that the crazed white man killed this week before he killed himself in Mississippi today and make gun targets out of them? Then we can all get our jollies off shooting their little eyes out and causing even more hurt to their parents! Maybe sell them outside the funeral with those Republican nut cases from Kansas!
FBI most wanted, suspected killer of Tennessee mother and daughter commits suicide | The News Tribe
No, because it would be morally abhorrent. That is why.

Profiting from the death of a child maybe good capitalism, but it is disgusting never the less.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yep.

Aren't these the same people who laughed when likenesses of people like George Bush and Sarah Palin were used in hangings and various other kinds of disgusting injury and death? They called it freedom of expression or some equally silly thing. Art. Whatever nonsense it was.
Well, since you've only been a member here for, what? two months, how would you know what was happening here on C-D during Bush's reign of terror and the follow-up to that of the McCain/Palin campaign?

Weird that you would bring that up as if you were actually here to witness it, if it happened at all.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Interesting. I'd like to see some of the Conservative leaders on here condemn this with the same volume, aggressiveness and vigor that they condemn the First Lady's efforts to make school lunches healthier.
Don't hold your breath.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Interesting. I'd like to see some of the Conservative leaders on here condemn this with the same volume, aggressiveness and vigor that they condemn the First Lady's efforts to make school lunches healthier.
Lol, you juxtaposed two totally different issues in the hope of making a point!

Stop, you're killing me!

Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,226 times
What's worse, these "targets" or the Dems and their media servants pimping out this dead young man for political gain?

Old 05-11-2012, 11:47 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Technically speaking, that would be a "no shoot" target since targets for training purposes with people's images either have a depiction of a weapon, or not.

Of course anti-2A people wouldn't know this and jumped right in like flies on dog poop.

Yes she did; and, unless she trademarked a faceless image, I don't see where she has a case here.
Most people aren’t in kill houses knocking down hostiles and leaving none-combatants standing. So you know these targets are for shooting at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies