U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: North America
5,936 posts, read 4,657,969 times
Reputation: 1924

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Dr. Martin Luther King would not be a Republican.

Dr. Martin Luther King would be mistreated by White people just like he was back then.

You guys have your nerve coming on CD insulting blacks and mentioning Martin Luther King in the same sentence.
Many African-Americans have their nerve insulting Dr. King and pi$$ing on his Dream with gangsta rap and gangsta "culture".

At least many whites admire Dr. King.

A lot of blacks would rob Dr. King if they had the chance. (Not all but some...let's not pretend that we don't have a major violent crime problem).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2012, 12:17 PM
 
Location: North America
5,936 posts, read 4,657,969 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Thriving under what? Pure racism in the 1960s?
Ron Paul is not racist.

Spike Lee, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are racist but not Dr. Ron Paul.


Ron Paul-- What Some Black People Think - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM
 
2,004 posts, read 1,318,613 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Yep. When DRMLKJR was alive black Detroit, Chicago and Philly were thriving.
Um, no. When MLK Jr was alive, black people were still stuck in menial jobs despite being often very well educated, and were consigned to slums sold under ripoffs known as contract loans because banks, at the behest of the federal government, refused to give loans to them. Police brutality was common, and the presence of a single black family in a white neighborhood was enough to cause riots. Black people were locked entirely out of the suburbs that housing and jobs were shifting into while what housing they could get into was often torn down in order to build new highways leading from those suburbs into job centers, which only served to increase overpopulation.

MLK actually marched in Chicago in apart because of the above issues - and it was probably his single biggest failure in the civil rights movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 AM
 
Location: North America
5,936 posts, read 4,657,969 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Um, no. When MLK Jr was alive, black people were still stuck in menial jobs despite being often very well educated, and were consigned to slums sold under ripoffs known as contract loans because banks, at the behest of the federal government, refused to give loans to them. Police brutality was common, and the presence of a single black family in a white neighborhood was enough to cause riots. Black people were locked entirely out of the suburbs that housing and jobs were shifting into while what housing they could get into was often torn down in order to build new highways leading from those suburbs into job centers, which only served to increase overpopulation.

MLK actually marched in Chicago in apart because of the above issues - and it was probably his single biggest failure in the civil rights movement.
I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Detroit, Chicago, Philly...

They had black doctors, engineers, scientists and they earned great salaries.

This idea of a downtrodden class of losers that people like you try to perpetrate is and always has been false.

Blacks have been successful in the U.S. for over 100 years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 AM
 
6,899 posts, read 6,571,419 times
Reputation: 2014
What would who a person marries have to do with me or my family? I'm more concerned with the rapist, child murdering pedophiles more than I am of the gay and lesbians. I guarantee every SIN in the bible has touched EVERY Politician in Washington. This is why we have a seperation of Church and State, I just wish that the right remembers this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 AM
 
50,144 posts, read 26,559,079 times
Reputation: 15667
Why does it matter to folks on C-D so much about who blacks vote for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM
 
15 posts, read 5,163 times
Reputation: 14
I'm not really sure why people even participate in the charade of voting. More people need to realize that in national elections, your votes do not count. Democrat, Republican, Independent, etc, it really doesn't matter, they are all owned. In essence, these people will never be able to really represent the populous.

At the end of the day, voting allows us to think that we actually get to elect someone who will represent us. I guess it's a cute idea for people that like to believe in unicorns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 04:28 PM
 
Location: North America
5,936 posts, read 4,657,969 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why does it matter to folks on C-D so much about who blacks vote for?
If white taxpayers didn't have to pay for so much government "support" for underachieving blacks then I doubt they would care.

...and YES the government supports underachieving whites too but while whites are spread out on the spectrum of "voting for politicians who support the nanny state and voting for politicians who don't" very, VERY few blacks vote along the "don't" part of the spectrum, thus the concern from taxpaying whites.

For example, if blacks all of a sudden voted for politicians who DIDN'T support Affirmative Action because they were suddenly ashamed of government support that presumes that blacks can't compete on an even playing field then I bet whites would begin to care less and less about who blacks vote for because they would be paying for less and less government "training wheels".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 AM
 
50,144 posts, read 26,559,079 times
Reputation: 15667
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
If white taxpayers didn't have to pay for so much government "support" for underachieving blacks then I doubt they would care.

...and YES the government supports underachieving whites too but while whites are spread out on the spectrum of "voting for politicians who support the nanny state and voting for politicians who don't" very, VERY few blacks vote along the "don't" part of the spectrum, thus the concern from taxpaying whites.

For example, if blacks all of a sudden voted for politicians who DIDN'T support Affirmative Action because they were suddenly ashamed of government support that presumes that blacks can't compete on an even playing field then I bet whites would begin to care less and less about who blacks vote for because they would be paying for less and less government "training wheels".
You can be as smartassed as you want, and add all the smilies to the end of your posts that you can click on, but the simple fact is this:

We'll vote the way we please, and there is nothing you can do about it at the end of the day. So keep whining, but it won't help

See? I can even add my own smiley at the end!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 PM
 
Location: North America
5,936 posts, read 4,657,969 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You can be as smartassed as you want, and add all the smilies to the end of your posts that you can click on, but the simple fact is this:

We'll vote the way we please, and there is nothing you can do about it at the end of the day. So keep whining, but it won't help

See? I can even add my own smiley at the end!
That is true. You and your fellow African-Americans will vote however you please.

But that self-determination ends at the voting booth. OUTSIDE of the voting booth politically liberal blacks (or in other words 96% of blacks) live by the following credo:

THE GOVERNMENT EXISTS ONLY TO SET ASIDE SPECIAL PRIVILEGES FOR ME BECAUSE MY ANCESTORS WERE ENSLAVED AND MY PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS WERE OPENLY DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.

NO OTHER ETHNIC GROUP HAS SUFFERED AS MINE HAS SO ALL OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS SHOULD PAY DEARLY FOR WHAT THE U.S. HAS DONE TO MY PEOPLE.


Now if I'm wrong or if you disagree with this then PLEASE post specific examples of LARGE GROUPS of African-Americans openly contradicting the above bolded credo.

White people, meanwhile, have to continually pay for the training wheels for your people which is where the resentment comes from...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top