Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 PM

191 posts, read 242,516 times

Advertisements

They should focus on the students that are in that district instead of worrying about people who have no desire to send their children there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 09:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
why dont white kids live there? do non blacks get treated good on the hood?? , gee i dont know lets ask a korean.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Put serious discipline in the schools, give teaching jobs to recent Iraq and Afghanistan vets who will establish order, masculinize education, etc. and parents will put their kids in the schools again.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:58 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
What is it exactly that white America refuses to grant? Giving you a meal ticket? A free ride?
A job market that is qualifications based in trade for extending to investors the protection of the corporate veil-- currently, investors have protection as a result of stealing it from protected classes; a restoration of the pre-St. Mary's Honor Ctr burden of proof method in Title VII cases; and, the despicable statute of limitations for Title VII cases extended to a time comparable to that of every other violation of civil law-- compare the 90 days for a Civil Rights charge to the full year for libel and longer for other violations.

Quote:
If you need somebody else to do it, you can't do it
And isn't that the reason the African American population is as large as it is? White Americans couldn't do it, so humans were enslaved to do it.

Then, white Americans couldn't compete, so they resorted to peonage and Jim Crow.

For the last twenty years, white Americans continue to fear direct competition from African Americans, so St. Mary's Honor Ctr has stood as common law.

We're not talking about white people giving to African American people a handout-- in fact, I'd prefer the handouts be kept in order to reduce the dependence in the African American community-- we're talking about white America paying for what is being stolen: equal access to employment based on qualifications in trade for the corporate veil.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like many country songs like Charlie Daniels "Devil down in Georgia"? That's def rap. Racist it ain't.
One of my all time favorites.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
A job market that is qualifications based in trade for extending to investors the protection of the corporate veil-- currently, investors have protection as a result of stealing it from protected classes; a restoration of the pre-St. Mary's Honor Ctr burden of proof method in Title VII cases; and, the despicable statute of limitations for Title VII cases extended to a time comparable to that of every other violation of civil law-- compare the 90 days for a Civil Rights charge to the full year for libel and longer for other violations.

And isn't that the reason the African American population is as large as it is? White Americans couldn't do it, so humans were enslaved to do it.

Then, white Americans couldn't compete, so they resorted to peonage and Jim Crow.

For the last twenty years, white Americans continue to fear direct competition from African Americans, so St. Mary's Honor Ctr has stood as common law.

We're not talking about white people giving to African American people a handout-- in fact, I'd prefer the handouts be kept in order to reduce the dependence in the African American community-- we're talking about white America paying for what is being stolen: equal access to employment based on qualifications in trade for the corporate veil.
Uh; before and during the Civil War there were FEW Black people in the North; probably all were "free persons of color" and the North tore the South apart cause the North had more and better factories. The ONLY reason the South hung on as long as they did was cause many of the best US generals went "home" like Lee.

So; what's this about Black slaves being needed by the Yankees?? The South had most of the Blacks and they sure did NOT help the Rebels win.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:27 PM

744 posts, read 811,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Yes, because death metal and Emo-rock are both music for saints.
No, but they have a much less pronounced negative effect on its listeners than hip hop thuggery [c]rap

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If we ban country music then Black and White people can live in peace.
Last time I checked country singers don't advocate a gangster lifestyle. Disadvantaged urban youth are disproportionately affected and destroyed by this 'thug lyfe' hip hoppery culture yet you could care less....U make me sick calipoppy we are talking about kids futures here

Old 05-12-2012, 11:33 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
So; what's this about Black slaves being needed by the Yankees?? The South had most of the Blacks and they sure did NOT help the Rebels win.
The North needed the South; the South needed the enslaved people; therefore, the North needed the enslaved people.

Without slavery, there would have been no South of which to speak and, therefore, no United States. I trust that you're sufficiently educated to know that the era's (during the Constitutional Conventions and ratification) politics were such that the North could not have survived without the South.

I mean no disrespect when I say the following. I believe that you have displayed your erroneous attitude of white supremacy. Do you notice that you didn't question me about the details of the corporate veil/equal employment trade, which is something you've certainly never heard before? Do you notice that you didn't question me about St. Mary's Honor Ctr and the resultant insulation from competition from African Americans that white people enjoy, of which you're also certainly unfamiliar? But I challenged your fantasy of white supremacy-- your myth-- and to that you responded. That's subtle racism.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
The North needed the South; the South needed the enslaved people; therefore, the North needed the enslaved people.

Without slavery, there would have been no South of which to speak and, therefore, no United States. I trust that you're sufficiently educated to know that the era's (during the Constitutional Conventions and ratification) politics were such that the North could not have survived without the South.

I mean no disrespect when I say the following. I believe that you have displayed your erroneous attitude of white supremacy. Do you notice that you didn't question me about the details of the corporate veil/equal employment trade, which is something you've certainly never heard before? Do you notice that you didn't question me about St. Mary's Honor Ctr and the resultant insulation from competition from African Americans that white people enjoy, of which you're also certainly unfamiliar? But I challenged your fantasy of white supremacy-- your myth-- and to that you responded. That's subtle racism.
The North did NOT "need" the South and its slaves; Lincoln wanted the Union to stay together. Now: if we're gonna talk "racism"; the US would've been better off in sending the former slaves to Liberia after the Civil War and keeping the "free persons of color", looking back on things.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
I have money and my kids have all gone to public schools. But our public schools are very good.

I think your post is close to accurate for NYC.
My kids went to private school till sixth grade then we moved to a new district and heard all the parents tell us how wonderful the public school was so we decided to go ahead an enroll em there. They were about two or three years ahead of the other kids. So back to private school they went. The problem with public school is they teach the class to the lowest denominator. The smart kids are the ones left behind in public school as they sit and twiddle their thumbs while the teacher shows little joey how to count his ten fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies