U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 PM

29,124 posts, read 22,042,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Why, none of course. The post delineates a perfectly thought-out interpretation of the current administration and it's plans for the future of the USA. The majority of items listed are firmly based in reality, are wonderfully reasonable, and must ring true to every person who has not been brain-washed by the liberal media conspiracy.

Not only is the US going up in flames - with those citizens who have the mental capacity to see right through this scam being locked up in concentration camps, but we will also be subjected to a new, One-World government that will rule with an iron fist, take away all of our freedoms, and condemn us to serve an alien master race.

The End is near, I tell you. It's coming.
Glad to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 05:47 PM

1,741 posts, read 3,010,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can you point out where in the article FAILURE is mentioned?

I don't see it.
The article may not have mentioned that Obama is a bungling idiot, but anyone with an average IQ or higher wouldn't need anything to point that out for them.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:21 PM

22,541 posts, read 11,603,779 times
Quote:
Why, none of course. The post delineates a perfectly thought-out interpretation of the current administration and it's plans for the future of the USA. The majority of items listed are firmly based in reality, are wonderfully reasonable, and must ring true to every person who has not been brain-washed by the liberal media conspiracy.

Not only is the US going up in flames - with those citizens who have the mental capacity to see right through this scam being locked up in concentration camps, but we will also be subjected to a new, One-World government that will rule with an iron fist, take away all of our freedoms, and condemn us to serve an alien master race.

The End is near, I tell you. It's coming.
Will they have beer in the camps?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:22 PM

2,617 posts, read 2,064,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
The article may not have mentioned that Obama is a bungling idiot, but anyone with an average IQ or higher wouldn't need anything to point that out for them.
At least you've demonstrated that you can read.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:09 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,600,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Will they have beer in the camps?
Yes, except in California. Since it's a liberal cesspool, they'll have pot and pole dancing.

Anywhere else, it's beer pong.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,316,400 times
Quote:
I love the following post and think it is one of the best ones I've read all day:

It starts out somewhat sane and reasonable:

Then, it apparently boards the crazy train:

Only to culminate waaaayyy deep into tin foil territory:

It's an impressive (albeit sad and scary) glimpse into a paranoid mind. I know you don't realize this, Sity, but if this is how you truly feel, you should seek some counseling since this is certainly not an adaptive way to live one's life.
I think he's waiting for jesus to help.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:48 PM

15,803 posts, read 8,822,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Okay, I get that, but what is it about his policies have caused the problems that your friends their misfortune. Is Obama supposed to change the terms of their mortgages? Is Obama supposed to go back and undo the trillions of dollars worth of lost in everyone's investor portfolios? You know he and the democrats have been arguing for tighter regulation of banks, which probably would have prevented the kind of rogue trading that resulted in a $2 billion dollar surprise loss for JP Morgan just this past week - but the big banks that own Washington and the republican party are fighting it tooth and nail.

I get people had high expectations for this president. I did, too. I'm disappointed that we haven't made more progress than we have already. I think it was a mistake politically for Obama to spend so much time and energy on the healthcare debate; it was an example of Obama being well-intended but a bit naive, politically. But overall, I'll still take him without hesitation over a guy who basically boasts about his time as a private equity group investor whose job is essentially to cut jobs in order to make executives profit in spite of their poor decision making.

Furthermore, I think there's a lot to point to in terms of accomplishments. We *do* have 2 years of solid jobs growth. We do have stock market gains. We do have economic stability. It's unfortunately not enough to convince a lot of people that we're better off because the economic effects of the 2008 crash and credit freeze were so widespread and so deep that the impact was inevitably deep and recovery was inevitably going to be a long process all along.

It's easy to be upset and to assume that the guy in charge right now is at fault and that making a change will be better. Don't assume that. Think about the kind of people you're considering putting back into power. You're going to vote in the same sort of people who voted for a war that wasted trillions of dollars; who have enacted policies that threaten the financial solvency of medicare; and who generally favor economic growth and profits over financial stability and employment. If you're a Wall Street banker or a Fortune 500 CEO or an aspiring executive, well, then I get why you'd vote for that -- it's in your interests to do so. But if you're basically like most of us and just want a decent place to work, grow old, and retire, then voting for republicans is voting against your own interests, and the interests of everyone else. And you won't realize that until it's too late.
Well said.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes I read the article and it showed how the rest of the world thinks your great leader is a failure just like most in the US feel. The little tidbits tossed out on this thread are nothing but the MSM spin like usual. Why the even printed this is beyond me. Somebody probably lost his job. From Europe to the middle east to Africa they are all "disappointed" according to this article.

Only thing that matters is what folks here think and they aren't too happy. So swoon away sheep because your time is running out.
quote:
But the Democrat still enjoys broad international support. In large part, it's because of unfavorable memories of his Republican predecessor, George W. Bush, and many people would still prefer Obama over his presumptive Republican challenger, Mitt Romney.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:53 PM

3,203 posts, read 3,347,242 times
Obama may be a phony, but he's a real phony.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
One fellow lived in his home for ten years and now is short saling it with the banks permission. So tell me again how Obama is creating jobs?
If he purchased his house 10 years ago he shouldn't have to do a short sale unless he did a refinance or two, three, etc.
Now back to the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies