Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Well, you could start by cracking open your textbook and brushing up on US history in the 1830s-50s. You'll find that in the periods leading up to and after the Texas Revolution and subsequent American annexation, there was a lot of tension between the USA and Mexico, which considered that land to be part of their heritage. They only fought a war over this in the mid 1840s, which America of course won. It was a major expansion under the banner of "Manifest Destiny" - the belief that white Americans were destined to control the land from coast to coast. So depending on how you look at it, you can make a very strong argument that America occupied a lot of Mexican land. That's just how history rolls.
Did your history book say anything about the Gadsden Purchase? I don't think we took that territory away from them but I have never read a progressive authored book, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Gee, do you think doctrain hates Obama?
Hate is a very strong word but I am sure he doesn't like The One any more than I do but I don't think either of us hates him, yet. I could get that far depending on what he does to us in the next 7 months.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hate is a very strong word but I am sure he doesn't like The One any more than I do but I don't think either of us hates him, yet. I could get that far depending on what he does to us in the next 7 months.
I hate what he is doing to this country, the way he is manipulating Julia and the rest of the uninformed citizenry, and his tactics of dividing the nation's people contrary to his promises of uniting us - remember, he said we're not red states, not blue states, but the United States of America. He has a short memory when it comes to his promises. Julia better not believe all he says this time around. I can understand people being taken in the first time and voting for him, but voting for him a second time would be stupid or, at the very least, incredibly naive. I think people have learned just by watching their savings continue to erode.

I don't find him charming at all because I can still see that the emperor has no clothes. Somebody tell him, please.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:43 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Sooner or later, the collection of overgrown children who don't understand that we now operate in a more-competitive ecnomy, both nationally and globally, are going to have to come to terms with that fact.

You can keep on whining and looking for another poster child to replace little Barry-O; but the problem won't go away. -- No one cheated you, ou were the one's who put too much faith in overpriced, Federally-subsidized credentials, not recognzing that at the end of the process a dull, repetitive job and the choice between continuous pressue and a slow ride downhill.

The party's over; it's time to go back to work, and maybe show some more respect for the people who already know it. You won't find too many of them in the Cult of the Jackass.
What a GREAT post!

Old 05-13-2012, 05:46 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Ok.. lets look - Bush never covered up any references to God - Obama had to cover up the cross @ notre dame

Bush didn't leave God out of the Declaration of Independence 7 times as Obama has purposely done.

Bush was't giving trillions to our enemies

Bush wasn't trying to hurt Israel as Obama is doing

Bush didn't double the national debt

Bush didn't say we need 800 BILLION for shovel ready jobs

Bush wasn't a problem for our economy

Obama is doing everything he can to prevent people from working in this country - thousands more are going to loose their jobs soon when he has the EPA attack the coal companies - causing electricity rates to sky rocket

Bush wasn't buddies with a terrorist that planted bombs in this country as Bill Ayers did!

We had a strong powerful military under Bush - That is gone now - our soldiers have to **** away from mecca

Bush wasn't handing our freedoms away to our enemies as Obama is doing.

I'll take either Bush any day over that radical islam pResident we now have who hates America and surrenders our country to world leaders!

When the flag of Islam is soon flying over the white house - Then I bet you will feel PROUD!!
you left out one of the biggest differences:

BUSH IS AN AMERICAN!!!!!

Old 05-13-2012, 05:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
you left out one of the biggest differences:

BUSH IS AN AMERICAN!!!!!
An American who had our troops slaughtered for reasons we may never know.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:03 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
So the OP is taking a line literally that a comic said and getting upset? I am more upset by what GOP leaders actually mean.

Then the birthers flood this thread. Got to love free speech -- the right to say stupid things.

Last edited by MTAtech; 05-13-2012 at 06:41 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 06:31 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
An American who had our troops slaughtered for reasons we may never know.

Custers last stand was a slaughter - Vietnam was a slaughter

16 Trillion dollars in debt with increased deficit spending is slaughtering this country and the people have to pay that back!

This pResident wants MORE money MORE fund raisers MORE!!

THE PRESIDENT OF MORE HAS give us LESS than what HE PROMISED.

He is purposely dividing this country with class warfare.

A person doesn't sit for 20 years in the phew of Jermiah Wrights church to help the United States - they want the white man exterminated.

Abortion on demand ! We have to pay for 4,000 murders a day in Africa.

Planned parenthood is the exact opposite of what that catchy phrase means.

Everything Obama has done is the opposite of what he claims

Small Business owners are being strangled with new regulations - this is being done on purpose to reduce this once great nation into a 3rd world country with no military MIGHT! CHINA is now manufacturing our defense hardware for critical systems - what a great way to give a communist nation an easy method to shut our systems down.

A little boy is bragging when he is 8 years old he is going to be president of the U.S. (while he is attending school in Indonesia)

He was surrounded by Communists and Marxist people his whole life.

A Muslim who claims he is a christian and uses a book dedicated to Satan -

A man with a Hitler mindset who wants to DESTROY the United States - GO AHEAD - give him 4 more years and you won't be able to feed or house your families.

Welcome to the new world order where the elite are making plans to reduce the population by 2/3rds!!

We are living in dangerous times. Jesus said when you see all these things happen; LOOK UP! The only thing that can save us is the return of Jesus Christ to STOP all of this corruption

Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Bullhockey. I mowed the lawn today, took out the trash and then hosed down the dog after the old man made him ride on the top of the car.
Where's my allowance?
well, if you are looking to obama
you get to EAT said dog!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:57 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
How can anyone not respect this administration? It's gotten us out of Iraq and is preparing us to leave Afghanistan. It tracked down and killed Osama Bin Laden. It's spearheaded the fight for equal civil rights of gays and lesbians. It's fought for equal treatment of women in the workplace and in access to health care. It's leading our nation away from dirty fuels to a clean energy economy. It fought for and passed much needed re-regulating the financial sector and the credit card industry. Oh, and it saved our economy from the total collapse the previous administration had us on the road towards.

And that's the short list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies