Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:06 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,0,40793.story

At least a grand jury indicted him. Hope this guy spends some hard time locked away for what he did. Yet he claims he' innocent? Just another power-trippin', trigger-happy lughead with a badge.

Another source:
BEAUMONT: Police officer accused of blinding woman | Breaking News | PE.com - Press-Enterprise
He was guilty of being stupid in not knowing the procedures of what he was using for sure and he stupidly lost the woman's eye for almost no reason.
Even if she was breaking into a car and he wanted to use the can he should still operate it as it was made for.
I think he did not mean to hurt them like that, but this was one dumb person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Beaumont Pepper Spray: Beaumont Officer Allegedly Blinds Woman with Pepper Spray - ktla.com

At least a grand jury indicted him. Hope this guy spends some hard time locked away for what he did. Yet he claims he' innocent? Just another power-trippin', trigger-happy lughead with a badge.

Another source:
BEAUMONT: Police officer accused of blinding woman | Breaking News | PE.com - Press-Enterprise
Wasn't she driving while drunk? She could have killed someone.

Wasn't she combative while pulled over?

I'm not saying she got what she deserved, by any means, but she was driving while wasted...and a family could be mourning someone she killed due to her bad choices.

Now all the sympathy is for her, because she was pulled over BEFORE she did.

Bad choices all around.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:16 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It seems to me that the officer is poorly trained in the use of the spray... was he at fault? Yes... however I do find it funny... cops... can't use guns... can't use tasers... can't use pepper spray... can't use force... what exactly can they use?
Common sense seems to be out of the question.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Right-wingers will support the cop.
Totally false....Libertarians are classified as right wingers, and they are the most vocal party against police brutality.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:22 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Wasn't she driving while drunk? She could have killed someone.

Wasn't she combative while pulled over?

I'm not saying she got what she deserved, by any means, but she was driving while wasted...and a family could be mourning someone she killed due to her bad choices.

Now all the sympathy is for her, because she was pulled over BEFORE she did.

Bad choices all around.
She was only suspected of DUI, but was not charged with it, according to the second link:

Quote:
Officers learned Hernandez had left the house and

Officers learned Hernandez had left the house and was believed to be driving under the influence, Beaumont police said in February. Clark stopped her three miles away. When he tried to handcuff her, she resisted and he used the pepper-spray gun, police said.

The initial statement from police said Hernandez had been arrested, but officials said earlier this month that no arrest was made when she was released from the hospital. She was not charged with DUI.
She did resist being arrested, but there's no telling at this point what "resisting" means. Was she arguing? Swinging at the cop? Either way, he was way out of line and exercised even worse judgment than she did. I'm sure he didn't mean to blind her, and would not consider that a suitable sentence for possibly driving under the influence, but he did not follow proper police procedure in this instance.

Now it's up to a jury to decide if his poor judgment and failure to properly operate his equipment warrants a conviction and punishment.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:23 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Totally false....Libertarians are classified as right wingers, and they are the most vocal party against police brutality.
Correct. Libertarians and Anarchists (very similar) are vocal about police brutality...well police in general.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:23 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
They are, and bless them for that stance, even if I don't agree with much of the rest. Still, there are many badge-sniffers, fascists, and American Taliban who have a hard-on for authority and believe cops are always in the right.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:09 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It seems to me that the officer is poorly trained in the use of the spray... was he at fault? Yes... however I do find it funny... cops... can't use guns... can't use tasers... can't use pepper spray... can't use force... what exactly can they use?
They should use political correctness.....

Policeman to a person breaking store windows:

<said in a subservient tone> Sir, please refrain for throwing rocks at those businesses windows, it is unsightly. If you continue I shall get very cross with you, stamp my foot in indignation and write you a citation.

May I suggest Sir that you appear to have deep seated hostility towards society, may I be of some assistance in getting you in contact with a state organization that will feed you, clothe you provide medical assistance and give you a permanent place to sleep?

Sir, I'm going to cry, you hit me in the face <soft sobs>

Sarge? Sarge? this mean man hit me...WHaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 05-13-2012, 12:32 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
You know what is disturbing?

That you have all decided you know exactly what happened and have made your judgements.

We have a judicial system for a reason. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. NOTHING HAS BEEN PROVEN AT THIS POINT AND TIME, you don't know all of the facts!

All that this thread proves is that some people are full of hot air.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:43 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Hitler would be proud.

What a sick country.
Godwin'd in six, well done. Learn some new tricks will you, Hitler is played out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies