Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,751,319 times

Advertisements

President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign store offers a variety of LGBT merchandise, including items such as the “My Two Dads Support Obama Onesie,” and the “I’m Out For Obama” t-shirt. On Wednesday, President Obama announced that he now supports homosexual marriage.

The items in the “LGBT for Obama” collection range in price from a $10 beer can coozie to a $40 Party Pack of items – including a shirt, poster, buttons, car magnets, and bumper sticker – for “your next house party.”

Other pro-LGBT items for sale at Store.BarackObama.com include the following:

-- A $20 “LGBT for Obama” poster

-- A $20 children’s onesie reading “My Two Moms Support Obama”

-- A $20 children’s onesie reading “My Two Dads Support Obama”

-- A $30 t-shirt reading “I’m Out for Obama”

-- A $30 t-shirt reading “Obama Pride”

-- A $30 t-shirt reading “DADT Repealed 12.20.2010” DADT stands for Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.

-- A $10 can coozie reading “LGBT for Obma”

-- A $40 Party Pack featuring a t-shirt, stickers, car magnet, bumper sticker, and buttons reading “LGBT for Obama

Obama's sideline business is exempt from all the new regulations being thrust upon small business owners.

I can't wait to see the "movies" and other entertainment values this administration will be selling next.

How about a Movie showing how many young boys died from aids or committed suicide from Harvey Milks Adventures??

Maybe George Clooney or Tom Hanks could provide the compelling narrative showing why this HERO is honored in California.

The TRANSPARENCY this administration promised is coming to full FRUITition.

(puns intended).

All of these "new" items - are in full stock! (chuckle) how long did it take to prepare to manufacture all of this new inventory that magically - suddenly just appeared in just two days time?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 08:48 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,182,521 times
And that is any different then what Romney is selling???

Who cares???

Our Products | Mitt Romney for President

Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,023,015 times
So it is okay that every other presidential candidate raise money for their campaign except Obama.

Lets see, the definition of discrimination is the treatment of similarly situated individuals differently.

Yeah, we all know what makes Obama a different case in your mind.

Even worse when independent people are selling things that are not disparaging Obama.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:14 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,275,355 times
I'd like to see some proof other than the OP's article on the right wing site that the official Obama campaign store is selling those items listed in the OP. I just looked and I can't find them there. For example, the OP claims the campaign is selling $20 children’s onesie reading “My Two Dads Support Obama but check out the link below and they don't appear on the baby page at the official Obama store. Cafe Press is selling them BUT they are in no way connected with the campaign. They'll sell anything for anyone or any party. Do Republicans even remember what it's like to tell the full truth without shading it to suit their agenda? The official store has one page of LGBT stuff but that's been there for a very long time---I think since the last election. (second link)

https://store.barackobama.com/obama-...re-babies.html

https://store.barackobama.com/collections.html

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-13-2012 at 09:24 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 AM

19,741 posts, read 11,985,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'd like to see some proof other than the OP's article on the right wing site that the official Obama campaign store is selling those items listed in the OP. I just looked and I can't find them there. For example, the OP claims the campaign is selling $20 children’s onesie reading “My Two Dads Support Obama but check out the link below and they don't appear on the baby page at the official Obama store. Cafe Press is selling them BUT they are in no way connected with the campaign. They'll sell anything for anyone or any party. Do Republicans even remember what it's like to tell the full truth without shading it to suit their agenda? The official store has one page of LGBT stuff but that's been there for a very long time---I think since the last election. (second link)

https://store.barackobama.com/obama-...re-babies.html

https://store.barackobama.com/collections.html
Wayland Woman, from your first link if you do a search for LGBT the line pops up. First attempt was successful.

That being said, I really do not see what the problem is with selling crappy products. Both sides do it. Another silly thread.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,275,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Wayland Woman, from your first link if you do a search for LGBT the line pops up. First attempt was successful.

That being said, I really do not see what the problem is with selling crappy products. Both sides do it. Another silly thread.
Thanks. I stand corrected. I don't see a problem selling this stuff either. I collect pin backs from both political parties going back to prohibition days. The LGBT political stuff is just another sign of the times.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:57 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,433,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign store offers a variety of LGBT merchandise, including items such as the “My Two Dads Support Obama Onesie,” and the “I’m Out For Obama” t-shirt. On Wednesday, President Obama announced that he now supports homosexual marriage.

The items in the “LGBT for Obama” collection range in price from a $10 beer can coozie to a $40 Party Pack of items – including a shirt, poster, buttons, car magnets, and bumper sticker – for “your next house party.”

Other pro-LGBT items for sale at Store.BarackObama.com include the following:

-- A $20 “LGBT for Obama” poster

-- A $20 children’s onesie reading “My Two Moms Support Obama”

-- A $20 children’s onesie reading “My Two Dads Support Obama”

-- A $30 t-shirt reading “I’m Out for Obama”

-- A $30 t-shirt reading “Obama Pride”

-- A $30 t-shirt reading “DADT Repealed 12.20.2010” DADT stands for Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.

-- A $10 can coozie reading “LGBT for Obma”

-- A $40 Party Pack featuring a t-shirt, stickers, car magnet, bumper sticker, and buttons reading “LGBT for Obama

Obama's sideline business is exempt from all the new regulations being thrust upon small business owners.

I can't wait to see the "movies" and other entertainment values this administration will be selling next.

How about a Movie showing how many young boys died from aids or committed suicide from Harvey Milks Adventures??

Maybe George Clooney or Tom Hanks could provide the compelling narrative showing why this HERO is honored in California.

The TRANSPARENCY this administration promised is coming to full FRUITition.

(puns intended).

All of these "new" items - are in full stock! (chuckle) how long did it take to prepare to manufacture all of this new inventory that magically - suddenly just appeared in just two days time?
Are you jealous because Willard hasn't figured out how to make as much money as Obama has for his campaign?

Old 05-13-2012, 09:59 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,182,521 times
Yeah, it's not just silly, it's stupid.

Really, does anyone care if Obama or any other candidate sells stuff?

Also, this really shows just how prejudice the OP is.

Last edited by Nephler; 05-13-2012 at 10:19 AM..

Old 05-13-2012, 10:34 AM

23,563 posts, read 23,870,140 times
You guys missed the point COMPLETELY.

Nobody cares that he's selling stuff.

The point is that the whole "Obama supports gay marriage" thing was supposed to have been spontaneous and due to a "gaffe" by Biden. The fact that he's got a ton of merchandise ready to sell, based on a position supposedly driven by this "gaffe" and the subsequent "spontaneous" admission, a mere two or three days afterwards, is demonstrative of the FACT that there was nothing spontaneous about it. This was very, very obviously well planned and executed "spontaneity."

Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,916,553 times
Where are the "Jaywalking Allstar" shirts? Can one buy an offical "O-bot manual'? Can one purchase the glasses that alow you to clearly know what is in a transcript that you have never seen?

Last edited by Harrier; 05-13-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies