Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is not lobbying; look up a definintion of lobbying. Who knows if the story is true, but I tend to think it is. You've got a first hand, named source, not an anonymous accusation as is so often the case. Wright may be crazy but as far as I know he doesn't have a pattern of flat-out lying.

I don't know whether this would have been legal; I guess that it would probably depend on where the money came from. But clearly it is unethical. Again if Bush did it it would be front page news for two weeks. If this sort of thing happens 'all the time' in Washington, kindly provide just one example.
It does seem that the fishes KU talked about might be involved here since it seems to me that Wright taking a sabbatical at just the right time sure did happen. Obama declared that he was retiring and right after that he did although he kept on public speaking, It may be a good thing to study this one a bit more whether the lefties here like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 06:51 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Obama is cheap. The Rev. Wright was offered chump change.

Read the current Texas Monthly article about Dan Rather and W. Seems the real story was that high Texas officials were offered well paying jobs with the newly formed Texas lottery to **** regarding W and Alabama National Guard.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
yawn

"Yawn"??????

I wonder who else Obama paid off? Perhaps all his communist associates as well. If this was a republican, it would be front page news in every paper in America. Since it is Obama, the media (and liberals) do not care, as corruption and lack of the ethics are the standard by which liberals operate.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:22 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It does seem that the fishes KU talked about might be involved here since it seems to me that Wright taking a sabbatical at just the right time sure did happen. Obama declared that he was retiring and right after that he did although he kept on public speaking, It may be a good thing to study this one a bit more whether the lefties here like it or not.
Rev. Wright didn't take a sabbatical, he retired. His retirement had been in the works for several years. He had preached his last sermon at Trinity as Senior Pastor in the beginning of Feb 2008. The rest of the month consisted of guest preachers coming in from around the country in celebration of his ministry. After that was over Rev. Wright left on a cruise with members of his family, which is where he was when when ABC ran its story in the middle of March 2008.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:50 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
yawn
Yawn is right..! Why would anyone care that we have a corrupt president in office?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:55 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Yawn is right..! Why would anyone care that we have a corrupt president in office?

Amazing isn't it? Obama is the most corrupt president since Harding and the libs love him for it. His administration is rife with scandal that is outrageous by historical standards, yet the media ignores it.

fast and frusious
Resnik scandal
paying off the senatorial candiate not to run
paying off Wright
ACORN voting fraud
Black Panthers intimidation
tax cheats in the White House
Communists in the White House
Obama probably not a US citizen and potentially a KGB operative
Lavish spending by the first family
Federal "stimulus" money spent primarily in democratic districts and awards to Obama supporters
Solyndra
Obamacare exemptions to political friends
Obama enemies list
Solyndra money shunted to Nancy Pelosi's relatives
Soros beneficiary of Obama's strange support of Brazillian energy

When this guy leaves office, he will probably have to leave the country to avoid prosecution, as I am sure people in the admin will start talking to avoid prosecution themselves.

Obama will cure the land of liberalism for another generation, just as Carter did before him. Let's hope the nation can survive the damage he has done over the last four years. The KGB could not have hoped for a better result.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Surprised he didn't just kill him myself.

‘Man, the media ate me alive,” Wright told me when we met in his office at Chicago’s Kwame Nkrumah Academy. “After the media went ballistic on me, I received an e-mail offering me money not to preach at all until the November presidential election.”

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.
“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”
“He offered you money?”
“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”
“How much money did he offer you?”
“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.
“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?”
“Yes,” Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, ‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don’t know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

Read more: Obama team tried to 'bribe' Jeremiah Wright to keep quiet: book - NYPOST.com
Right off the bat you are lying. The article says "tried" you are saying he did. For someone who rails against the MSM for posting lies, fabricating details and using false headlines to bash the other side you sure do seem to learn from them.

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...eet-kettle.jpg

Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Right off the bat you are lying. The article says "tried" you are saying he did. For someone who rails against the MSM for posting lies, fabricating details and using false headlines to bash the other side you sure do seem to learn from them.

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/...eet-kettle.jpg

Oops.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:56 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Default The end justifies the means......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
The left doesn't. Blagovich is in prison for attempting to sell a seat he never actually sold but Obama gets a complete pass on this bribery attempt (a felony). The hypocrisy of the left knows no bounds.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Yawn"??????

I wonder who else Obama paid off? Perhaps all his communist associates as well. If this was a republican, it would be front page news in every paper in America. Since it is Obama, the media (and liberals) do not care, as corruption and lack of the ethics are the standard by which liberals operate.
In this case it was nothing but liberal attempted deflection from the topic. Of course, some of them have to use the same standard replies for their deflection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies