U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-14-2012, 08:59 AM
 
2,085 posts, read 1,367,139 times
Reputation: 1401

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I have never seen a more stupid, idiotic, misinformed bunch of comments before in this topic. This topic accomplished one thing, not the OP, but that Americans are so bamboozled and removed from reality that it's impossible to convince them of anything that falls outside their purview of racism. There is so much black and white thinking in this thread, it makes me sick. No wonder this country is being thrown to the wolves, the general public is too riled up in thinking of "us vs them", "blacks vs whites". All of you should be ashamed of yourselves, falling for the same propaganda that the British instituted in the 1600s, divide and conquer the races while claiming that they care about you.
Well said. This thread is saturated with posts from those who have been thoroughly convinced that the GOP and conservatism is synonymous with a hatred of minorities. That's as stupid as claiming a vote for Obama is a vote for Communism.

Does elements of racism exist in the GOP? Of course. But to deny that it also exists on the left is horribly naive and exposes how open to influence some people are. There are racist elements in both the right and left platforms, but pretending that one side hates minorities while the other is their best friend is laughable.

 
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,504,440 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Well said. This thread is saturated with posts from those who have been thoroughly convinced that the GOP and conservatism is synonymous with a hatred of minorities. That's as stupid as claiming a vote for Obama is a vote for Communism.

Does elements of racism exist in the GOP? Of course. But to deny that it also exists on the left is horribly naive and exposes how open to influence some people are. There are racist elements in both the right and left platforms, but pretending that one side hates minorities while the other is their best friend is laughable.
Thank you. A voice of reason that of course the left will never listen to.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 AM
 
249 posts, read 163,484 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Well said. This thread is saturated with posts from those who have been thoroughly convinced that the GOP and conservatism is synonymous with a hatred of minorities. That's as stupid as claiming a vote for Obama is a vote for Communism.

Does elements of racism exist in the GOP? Of course. But to deny that it also exists on the left is horribly naive and exposes how open to influence some people are. There are racist elements in both the right and left platforms, but pretending that one side hates minorities while the other is their best friend is laughable.
Not as much as on the right. The southern strategy is not used on the left. It's not that ludicrous to state the right is more filled with racial elements than the left.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
 
249 posts, read 163,484 times
Reputation: 77
The Republican party has become so extreme that even Pat Robertson has stated that it should mellow out (not his exact words). When the guy who claims that the Haitian earthquake was caused by an ancient devil curse and that the ills of Haiti have supernatural (not political) roots, I think that pragmatism of the party is all but there.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 09:29 AM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,103,033 times
Reputation: 11618
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulseoul View Post
Not as much as on the right. The southern strategy is not used on the left. It's not that ludicrous to state the right is more filled with racial elements than the left.
You have distorted perceptions of reality. Both sides have no monopoly on racism. Hence why I'm an independent
 
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM
 
249 posts, read 163,484 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You have distorted perceptions of reality. Both sides have no monopoly on racism. Hence why I'm an independent
I think that literally this is the first time I've written LOL and actually laughed out loud. You mean to tell me the party/movement (really it's conservatives, not Republicans) that coined the Southern Strategy does not have issues with race? The same movement that has 49% claiming Obama is anti-White (higher than the general population). Sorry, but it's a little hard to claim when the facts show that conservatives are more likely to be racist. This, again, is not saying ALL conservatives are racist. It's simply stating that there is more of a propensity of racists to be conservative.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 AM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,103,033 times
Reputation: 11618
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulseoul View Post
I think that literally this is the first time I've written LOL and actually laughed out loud. You mean to tell me the party/movement (really it's conservatives, not Republicans) that coined the Southern Strategy does not have issues with race? The same movement that has 49% claiming Obama is anti-White (higher than the general population). Sorry, but it's a little hard to claim when the facts show that conservatives are more likely to be racist. This, again, is not saying ALL conservatives are racist. It's simply stating that there is more of a propensity of racists to be conservative.
What facts? I obviously look at things with a different point of view than you do, you look at it from the mainstream left, which says that most, or all, racism is perpetrated from the right. When, in reality, it's about equal. If liberal whties are not racist, then why do so many of them live in gated communities, and neighborhoods where almost everyone is white, and send their kids to mostly white public or private schools? I don't see white liberals moving in droves to black neighborhoods, do you? Until your side practices what you preach, you have no business on criticizing the mainstream right. Both of your sides are skewed, and blind to reality. Both parties thrive on racism, and count on the ignorance of their voters to step on all of us.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM
 
Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,997 posts, read 5,708,136 times
Reputation: 3635
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
since you brought up all minorities the most McCain ED in the whole country was Jewish.
of course
 
Old 05-14-2012, 10:11 AM
 
249 posts, read 163,484 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What facts? I obviously look at things with a different point of view than you do, you look at it from the mainstream left, which says that most, or all, racism is perpetrated from the right. When, in reality, it's about equal. If liberal whties are not racist, then why do so many of them live in gated communities, and neighborhoods where almost everyone is white, and send their kids to mostly white public or private schools? I don't see white liberals moving in droves to black neighborhoods, do you? Until your side practices what you preach, you have no business on criticizing the mainstream right. Both of your sides are skewed, and blind to reality. Both parties thrive on racism, and count on the ignorance of their voters to step on all of us.
Really the whole explosion of youth moving into city centers is not occurring? What about the fact that more Republican areas are more in favor of nationalist and more racist policies against Hispanics. Or the fact that conservative universities like Bob Jones banned interracial dating. Liberal universities don't ban interracial dating. That's kind of big indicator. Let's not forget that more conservative areas are less likely to accept interracial dating (54% of Mississippi Republicans vs. 83% nationally). So one side is more racist than the other.

If anything I am liberal, but not a Democrat. I feel that party affiliations are not the best way of defining my political views, since there are many Democrats I truly do not agree with. If there was a Republican that was not as extreme as the current bumper crop as we have now, I would not mind voting Republican.
 
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM
 
15,320 posts, read 7,830,055 times
Reputation: 7943
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, I do take offense at your remark that I am a nut who lives in Chicago. A difference of opinion makes me a nut? For one thing, my handle has nothing to do with the city of Chicago itself, I don't live there nor have I ever. I live in Calif. So you can set your erroneous assumptions about me to rest.

What I said is that blacks have every bit the ability to succeed in life as any other American but the leaders in the black community would rather see them living on the entitlement plantation based on past discrimination. Race baiting is a money maker for them. Those like Sharpton, and Jackson have done very little to help blacks become self-sustaining. You may be the exception to the rule that doesn't listen to them but far too many blacks do. I haven't a thing against my fellow black Americans and in fact I want them to succeed just like any other American.

If the majority of blacks are opposed to illegal aliens they sure aren't getting that point across. Far too many of them side with them because Hispanics (who comprise the majority of illegal aliens) are also a minority. There is still a lot of resentment towards white Americans in the black community compliments of Sharpton and Jackson. What I don't understand about blacks who feel that way is that many blacks have been shoved out of their neighborhoods and jobs by illegal aliens. This should cause a furor among them but if there is we sure aren't hearing about it.
Who as a "black leader" has ever said that they want black people living on an "entitlement plantation?" That is why I said you were a nut in Chicago, no one has ever said such a thing. Also you seem to think that most blacks aren't "successful." What information do you have to prove that we are not? Also, what do you base your idea of "success" on.

Also you keep talking about Sharpton or Jackson as if they are relevant to the lives and decisions that the average black American lives and makes. They are not. This is where you have no idea what you are talking about. They are not our "leaders." They are media whores and it is like me saying that Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or Chris Matthews is your "leader" as a white American in this country. Anyone who keeps saying that those two people are black "leaders" is a nut IMO. How many blacks do you know or even who you know about base their whole lives on what Sharpton or Jackson tells them?? That is stupid. Most people regardless of their background are not stupid like that and just blindly do things that people tell them to do and FWIW, I do listen to a lot of black media and I do hear Sharpton on various programs, (he is on Tom Joyner's show a couple times per week) he really doesn't tell anyone what to do in their daily lives. I think you are listening to too many of the news pundits and you think you know what black people think, but you don't. I am an average black person so I think my view on my supposed "leaders" would have more weight than yours.

In regards to illegal immigration, you also don't know what you are talking about. Pretty much every black person I know does not like it. Like many whites, they feel that illegals take jobs away and that illegals touch them much moreso than most other groups in this country in regards to schools especially as like I said, the illegals will move in and send their kids to school, taking resources away from black kids and many black people I know are pretty prejudiced against them and do not like what is going on. Just because Sharpton is trying to get some sort of allegiance with Hispanics does not mean that black people are following him on this. I guess you equate everything that Sharpton says as ideas that all blacks support and that is far from the truth, especially in this area. If you do a google search about "black Americans against illegal immigration" you will be highly surprised. Many black media outlets, even internet media outlets like The Root post articles about how illegal immigration hurts black communities more than others.

Anyone who makes mass generalizations about a whole group of people (including people who think that most black Americans aren't "successful" or that we all blindly follow Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson) are nuts IMO.l
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top