U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,493,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulseoul View Post
I get the feeling you are solely interested in Hispanics not assimilating in America and how they are a threat. So I don't really need to your answer your question. Your own posts seem to do the trick on how Republican/conservative ideals are towards Hispanics.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:55 PM

249 posts, read 163,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
What I said: "I do hate the inner city gangster rap thug culture and what it brings to society. But there are people of all races who participate in that."

I said inner city because I don't see it in the suburbs... outside of a few jerks. But it is quite common in certain areas of town. To argue the point is to argue against statistics

There are some fine people, of all races, in the city. I hope they stay safe from the trouble makers.
When you say "inner city" and "suburbs" what race comes to mind for each? I personally don't like the Jacka$$ culture (as in the TV shows and movies) more than the thug culture (and I also don't like the so-called thug culture).

I think that such euphemisms and essentially culture wars are a dividing wedge issue for many minorities and the Republican party.

In terms of Hispanics and Republicans, it's been hashed out. Arizona's laws against Hispanic studies is a good one and possibly the most blatant example. Just read the political leanings of people on this forum and then read their views on Hispanics. A larger percentage of them are conservative.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:59 PM

249 posts, read 163,408 times
Quote:
I don't understand your shock. CN's posts epitomizes the feelings of most nativists who are more likely to be Republican. Therefore, yes I am extrapolating, but the views are not solely hers. They constitute a large portion of conservatives at large. That's not shocking news.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,597,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Shenanigans. It's "blind lesbian over here." We need a preposition in that sentence.
I'm blind, I have a mind,
I'm que*r, I'm here,
Get used to it.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:08 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,997 posts, read 5,705,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
I'm assuming that was sarcastic so here's the proof
it was in Lakewood NJ (885-3-1)
2008 NEW JERSEY Precinct Vote for PRESIDENT
you know i really don't care? i'm always going to pick the lesser evil because i'm gored everywhere i turn anyway.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,751,394 times
wait, blacks are considered minorities in the US? havent they been there as long as whites?

Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 PM

2,617 posts, read 2,058,610 times
I'm still waiting for my 40 acres and a mule.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:13 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,597,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
wait, blacks are considered minorities in the US? havent they been there as long as whites?
A history of oppression is all it takes to count, and since Blacks have been historically oppressed within the U.S., they are considered a minority. That's also why women are considered a minority, in spite of making up about half the population.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,493,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
I'm a Black voter, my views are conservative in certain aspects: financial matters- I believe people should pull their own weight, not spend what they don't have, save for a rainy day etc... I am anti-abortion (moral value), I believe in school vouchers, respect private property(none of that eminent domain crap). I have conflicting views when it comes to Affirmative action-I don't believe we are in a post-racial era and still need some type of government regulation when it comes to hiring "qualified applicants" of all races but I don't want to be the token Black guy-don't hire me if there's a more qualified person of another race. Gun control-I own guns and believe all law abiding citizens should have the right to but there should be limitations on certain guns(there's no need for regular citizens to have machine guns,grenades, rocket launchers etc) Death penalty-I believe some people deserve to die for a heinous crime they committed but then what if that person was wrongly convicted(you can't take death back)-if it can be proven without a doubt that someone committed murder-I think they should die in turn. Then I have my liberal views, I think goverment should regulate the market system to some extent, I don't trust big banks. Energy-we do need to find energy alternatives and stop depleting our natural resources. Healthcare-we should all have access to free/low cost healthcare. Separation of church and state-religion and government should not mix. Same sex marriage -I dont care who likes who and who wants to get married-thats between them and their significant other. Taxes-I believe the wealthy should pay higher taxes-give back to this great country that made you wealthy(now this can also lessen if our government become more fiscally responsible)
I don't trust big government. The federal government is the cause of most of the trouble we face.

There is no free healthcare. The government just wants to decide who pays for it and who doesn't.

Quote:
Ok, now that I have given my views on some of the issues, the question of the Op-What would it take to draw me to the Republican party? They would have to change their views on some of the above, preferably, Healthcare and Taxes for me to consider a Presidential nominee. It also doesn't help when I am lumped in with "Blacks on the plantation", "Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Black panther is your leader crap", Thugs, inner city, Animals-whatever code words is used for Black people" and other disparaging remarks coming from the far right. I have and will continue to vote for local Republican and Democratic candidates in my state-as long as their views align(for the most part) with mine.
I have addressed this at least once before in this thread... I don't consider all black people or all inner city people or all poor people to be thugs and criminals.

I know that plenty of white people are.

Society in general seems to be less civil than a few decades ago, in my opinion.

But… It is hard to deny the existence of what is commonly and accurately referred to as a thug culture. It is typically present more in the poorer neighborhoods.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 PM

8,803 posts, read 7,559,898 times
Quote:
Give them free things?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies