Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:53 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,524 times

Advertisements

Calipoppy has me asking.....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/newre...ply&p=24289539

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Here's the thing...there was nothing different about the last election in how Black Americans voted. Blacks, Hispanics (except Cubanos) and Asians ALL tend to vote Democratic.

The Republican party really is clueless in their strategy to gain more minority voters. Actually, they aren't clueless but are afraid to lose their base which is stupid.

I wish that more Republicans would spend their energy on reforming the Republican party so that there would be real options for minority voters. Conservative/moderately conservative/moderate minorities do not have a choice because Republicans (and their mouthpieces) make it nearly impossible for us to vote for them.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,517,622 times
Here's a few for starters...

Step 1) Stop making "brown" people the "enemy" - why am I going to vote for you when you constantly insult me. The last thing I am going to do is vote for a Republican when after a hard day's work and long night of studying the first thing that I hear Republican mouthpieces saying about me is that all I want are "entitlements" and "hand-outs"

Step 2) Stop being governed by the far right

Step 3) Republican candidates tend to ignore minority communities when campaining; they need to show their faces in more diverse communities.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,405,208 times
I'm a free thinking registered independent Black person who has no problem voting for the GOP. Most African Americans are not free thinkers hence why they are firmly Democrats.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:16 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,683,920 times
for them to stop hating minorities.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:20 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm a free thinking registered independent Black person who has no problem voting for the GOP. Most African Americans are not free thinkers hence why they are firmly Democrats.
....A.K.A a hardcore right wing Conservative Republican. Stop with the registered independent nonsense.

Anyway, there really isn't much the Republicans can do at this point. The party is too far gone and too far to the right. I'd look more favorably upon them if they weren't warmongerer's, tort reform advocates, union busters, and worshippers of anyone with a few bucks in the bank.

The party is strongly hostile to blacks in particular, but that doesn't really bother me all that much because i can happily return hostility in spades when necessary. But the bread and butter issues are all screwed up on the right as far as i'm concerned.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
for them to stop hating minorities.
I don't believe they do. I am a registered Republican and I don't hate people because they are darker complected than me.

I do hate the inner city gangster rap thug culture and what it brings to society. But there are people of all races who participate in that.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
....A.K.A a hardcore right wing Conservative Republican. Stop with the registered independent nonsense.

Anyway, there really isn't much the Republicans can do at this point. The party is too far gone and too far to the right. I'd look more favorably upon them if they weren't warmongerer's, tort reform advocates, union busters, and worshippers of anyone with a few bucks in the bank.

The party is strongly hostile to blacks in particular, but that doesn't really bother me all that much because i can happily return hostility in spades when necessary. But the bread and butter issues are all screwed up on the right as far as i'm concerned.
You have a big heavy chip on your shoulder.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:29 PM

613 posts, read 759,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Have you ever noticed that all of the registered free thinking independent voters tend to be hardcore right wing conservatives?

Old 05-13-2012, 08:31 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
I don't believe they do. I am a registered Republican and I don't hate people because they are darker complected than me.

I do hate the inner city gangster rap thug culture and what it brings to society. But there are people of all races who participate in that.
What is this obsession with the whole "inner city" thing?

What is that supposed to mean? That's the thing that gets me too...this coded language. "Inner City." I just laugh when i hear that one. I guess it's supposed to encapsulate everything bad about the universe or something.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,601,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm a free thinking registered independent
Who exactly do you think you are fooling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.