U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:24 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,488,824 times

Advertisements

BDS still going strong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 08:38 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,019,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With Romney ranting that he will attack Iran I wonder if he is another Bush, I do like the comment I will attack, like Bush Romney had other things to do when better men were taking nice bush tramps with a M16 in hand.

Attack Iran, now that is clever, Romney obviously has never looked at a map of the region with Iran sharing a border with Afghanistan, get 200,000 Iranian troops swamping into Afghanistan and allied troops will be signalling, will fight to last man and cartridge.

Yep, wars go according to plan, just look at Iraq and Afghanistan.
What price will Romney want US grunts to pay ?
Is Romney another Bush?

Rich daddy - Check

Ivy League education - Check

Arrested during his youth - Check
Mitt Romney's 1981 arrest and 4 other times he lost his cool

Let's deregulate business and let them do whatever the hell they want - Check

Protect tax cuts for the richest Americans - Check

Advocates military action against a country in the Middle East that poses no "Clear and Present" danger to the national security of the United States - Check

Old 05-14-2012, 09:04 PM

1,395 posts, read 1,115,900 times
Lol at bush deregulating things. Remind me who signed the lightbulb bill?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:18 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,990,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
With Romney ranting that he will attack Iran I wonder if he is another Bush, I do like the comment I will attack, like Bush Romney had other things to do when better men were taking nice bush tramps with a M16 in hand.

Attack Iran, now that is clever, Romney obviously has never looked at a map of the region with Iran sharing a border with Afghanistan, get 200,000 Iranian troops swamping into Afghanistan and allied troops will be signalling, will fight to last man and cartridge.

Yep, wars go according to plan, just look at Iraq and Afghanistan.
What price will Romney want US grunts to pay ?
Obama has threatened Iran.
Afghanistan and much of the rest of the Middle East has been taken over by radical Islam under Obama. See Islamic Brotherhood.
If anything, look for a war from Obama with Iran as an October surprise.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,306,838 times
Default Is Romney another Bush ?

Interesting...

Romney has shown that he lets underlings make the decisions for him. Just like Bush allowed Cheney to take the lead time after time.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,836,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Interesting...
Romney has shown that he lets underlings make the decisions for him. Just like Bush allowed Cheney to take the lead time after time.
I always thought that Republicans used the names Bush, Powell, Rumsfeld to get Cheney elected. They had good PR associations with the public at the time - especially Powell. Same with the name Bush, nobody was concerned that Dubya was born into a bubble of privilege (like Romney), and the nut had fallen far from the tree. Cheney as frontman would have been too repulsive to the public, but they needed a mastermind.
Bush was "just folks" and people wanted to have "a beer" with him, but only a "laxative" with Cheney.
I wouldn't doubt that the reputation of Colin Powell (who later bailed) was their main asset, and he was there only for that purpose.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 05-15-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies