Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I especially notice technique number #6 being used to great effect by this network:

14 Propaganda Techniques Fox 'News' Uses to Brainwash Americans | News & Politics | AlterNet
Alternet; now there's an unbiased source.
What really bothers unthinking, intellectually lazy liberals, is that plenty of people actually watch Fox News, rather than sit there in their drool, and mindlessly soak up the adulation and " leg tingling" regarding the annointed one by the "mainstream media".
I would love to see a report on the voting history of the on air "talent", writers, producers, etc., of ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, MSNBC ( ), etc. Methinks pretty much all have voted for one party most of their lives, and it ain't the one with the elephant!
Fer chrissakes, I actually know some well-intentioned, thoughtful liberals, who don't mindlessly bleat about "Faux News", or yell racism anytime someone dares to criticize Barry Soetero!
Too hard to take when not ALL of the media hews to the party line?
BTW, despite being a conservative, I cannot stand Limbaugh,Hannity, and Beck, and can take O'Reilly in only small doses.
Then again, I'd rather have all of them in my car, talking at one time, than endure 5 seconds of Olbermann, or Schulz. Or, that obnoxious, self -righteous Turk on AlGore's failing network.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Article 4 U.S. Constitution
Republican government
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government
A republican government can be anything. A democratic republic identifies a republican form of government elected by the people for public matters.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Nobody can credit or discredit anything better than the audience itself.
If only 74% of Liberals can identify a liberal new organization and it's almost complete opposite for Conservatives what does that tell you?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If only 74% of Liberals can identify a liberal new organization and it's almost complete opposite for Conservatives what does that tell you?
If there is such a news organization you speak of, it has a long way to go before they can match the leadership demonstrated by Fox News in collecting possibly 95%-plus of republican voters. That doesn't happen by coincidence.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
They left one out, namely mislabeling.

An example of that would be where some school district removes the vending machines that sell Twinkies and FOX posts the story using a picture of Michelle Obama despite her total lack of involvement. But the dittoheads who think FOX disseminates news don't think that far - they assume the First Lady personally saw to it and post some rant here in P%OC.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:23 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
That doesn't happen by coincidence.
When nearly every news outlet leans left it certainly isn't a coincidence, it's the one major news outlet with a conservative slant.

Now getting back to my question why is it only 24% of liberals can identify a left leaning news source when there is overwhelming number of them?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
When nearly every news outlet leans left it certainly isn't a coincidence, it's the one major news outlet with a conservative slant.
I don't agree with your basic premise. But, in a way, you also describe why Fox News (and right wing radio) is so popular. It doesn't surprise me that any disagreement with right wing opinion would be "left leaning". Any call for right wing lies would be "left leaning". Any article, opinion presented that doesn't adhere to right wingers' idea would be "left leaning". Consequently, they all flock to, what isn't "left leaning".

Quote:
Now getting back to my question why is it only 24% of liberals can identify a left leaning news source when there is overwhelming number of them?
There is no such thing as "left leaning news source". Opinions, perhaps. When a particular segment of our society is so far out to one extreme, everything to the other side is leaning-away from them. They don't refuse to see their own problems.

The very fact that you're defending Fox News is proving the point. Can you tell me why Fox News appeals to a certain mindset (and largely makes money for others)?

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 05-14-2012 at 11:47 AM..

Old 05-14-2012, 11:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Hogwash! the only gullable people out there like this, are those without a mind, and a weakness. I find those people to be watching MSNBC now there is another story.
Talk about your weakness, there it is.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:52 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I especially notice technique number #6 being used to great effect by this network:

14 Propaganda Techniques Fox 'News' Uses to Brainwash Americans | News & Politics | AlterNet
Hmmmmm, you post something from AlterNet which everybody knows and it turns out that it was taken from TruthOut by that source. I got a real kick out of reading the thing in that these words forced me to read all of it.

The good news is that the more conscious you are of these techniques, the less likely they are to work on you. The bad news is that those reading this article are probably the least in need in of it.

As a devotee of Fox News I find that I certainly didn't need to read that article since I was least in need of it. Yep, those people really think that nobody who is outside the heavily lefty leaning group is very smart. Ain't that a hoot?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Yet there is no problem with AlterNet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies