U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 04:46 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,970,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Iím sorry, but if you think that you are probably gay, or at the very least bi-sexual.
Negative on both counts.

If I was gay or bi-sexual don't you think I would be presenting a different position on this forum?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 04:48 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,970,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Actually I would say you are bisexual given your equal attraction to both sexes and you do indeed choose to only fulfill the hetro side of your attractions.
Attraction is a choice - once again you are attempting to paint it as an inborn trait - which it is not. I am not attracted to both genders - but I could be attracted to men if I chose to. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,592,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes.
Harrier - you are obviously bi-sexual. You see, I am heterosexual and there is nothing in this world that could make me be attracted to a man. It's just not going to happen. Sure, I can engage in a sexual act with a man by choice, but that hardly makes me a homosexual. I have a choice when it comes to my actions, but I have no choice when it comes to my sexual attraction.

You think that it is a choice for a reason: It is for you. However, for people who are either homosexual or heterosexual, it simply is not a choice.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:04 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,189,108 times
Talk the talk, walk the walk, Harrier!

Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Attraction is a choice - once again you are attempting to paint it as an inborn trait - which it is not. I am not attracted to both genders - but I could be attracted to men if I chose to. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
See, that is exactly the crux of the argument. You assume that everyone is like you - we are not. It is no choice for us since we are not bi-sexual.

I am attracted to women (I am male) and I can still not chose to be attracted to Rosie O'Donnell. Sorry, it's not going to happen. There is nothing she could do or say that would make me sexually attracted to her - even though she is of the general gender that I am attracted to. I have no choice in that matter. Could I "do" her if my life depended on it? Probably - if I mustered a lot of energy thinking about a woman I am attracted to. It still would not make me feel attraction for her, though.

Not to mention men - I have zero aversion to homosexual men because I am not threatened by them. I am not threatened by them because there is nothing in the world that could ever make me turn to them. I have no choice. Men are not sexually attractive to me.

If you can go either way - there is a reason: You are not heterosexual! You may deny this to yourself all you want - but it is quite clear to the rest of us.

Last edited by vamos; 05-14-2012 at 05:14 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Negative on both counts.

If I was gay or bi-sexual don't you think I would be presenting a different position on this forum?
Not if you've been conditioned to believe that homosexuality is "bad." Nobody wants to be bad. Nobody wants to "disappoint" their parents, their friends, their peers - or whoever planted the idea in your head that homosexuality is bad.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,147,169 times
Have any of you people noticed what topic tends to draw the most posts the soonest? Well here is an example of that.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM

30,392 posts, read 20,039,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Were you married prior to the 1990's?

If so, you must have really been pissed when your "marriage contract was altered" by legislation that made raping your wife illegal.

What about those men who were married at a time when wives were the property of their husbands? Those guys must have been really pissed when their marriage contract was "altered".

I suppose these examples may have actually affected the couples themselves who were married before those changes.

Two women or two men you don't even know getting married doesn't "alter" your marriage contract with your wife in any way, or affect your marriage in any way. How could it?

"If so, you must have really been pissed when your "marriage contract was altered" by legislation that made raping your wife illegal."

That is something you'll have to take up with a rapist, and the act was always illegal.

"What about those men who were married at a time when wives were the property of their husbands? Those guys must have been really pissed when their marriage contract was "altered".

White people property in America? Have any records of white husbands buying and selling their white wives (property) in America?

"Two women or two men you don't even know getting married doesn't "alter" your marriage contract with your wife in any way, or affect your marriage in any way. How could it?"

If it redefines all marriages as belonging to the class of civil unions which include homosexual marriage, how can it not?

Old 05-14-2012, 05:28 PM

62,699 posts, read 34,168,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have any of you people noticed what topic tends to draw the most posts the soonest? Well here is an example of that.
Yes, there are many homosexuals around here and they never tire of repeating their lines.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:33 PM

19,441 posts, read 17,681,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why is the USA so filled with homosexual bigots who constantly attack those of religious faith?
Post fail!!! Homosexuals are not attacking those of religious faith, they are attacking those who use religious faith to defend their own bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies