U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
8,287 posts, read 7,508,219 times
Reputation: 3650

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The psychologists are wrong.
Do you really think that your statement above constitutes a valid argument in any way, shape, or form?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,963,098 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Do you really think that your statement above constitutes a valid argument in any way, shape, or form?
The argument is was in response to had no validity. Anyone can quote someones opinions. Facts to back the claims up are often helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,963,098 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Because YOU say so?
"psychologists do not consider sexual
orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed."

Because the PSYCHOLOGISTS say so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Seattle Area
3,455 posts, read 6,298,712 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The psychologists are wrong. Perhaps a session on the couch will help them.
Who made you the expert, what qualifications do you have to make that statement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,963,098 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Who made you the expert, what qualifications do you have to make that statement?
I used to live in Seattle - does that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,826 posts, read 31,658,605 times
Reputation: 12563
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Who made you the expert, what qualifications do you have to make that statement?
It is best not to respond to troll posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:44 PM
 
Location: Seattle Area
3,455 posts, read 6,298,712 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The psychologists are wrong. Perhaps a session on the couch will help them.
Opinion or fact, can you provide documentation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,659,001 times
Reputation: 6459
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Who made you the expert, what qualifications do you have to make that statement?
I know, huh?

Pretty arrogant on the part of that poster to assume he/she knows more than those who are educated in that particular field, if you ask me.

I wonder if the poster thinks he/she can perform brain surgery, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
8,287 posts, read 7,508,219 times
Reputation: 3650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
"psychologists do not consider sexual
orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed."

Because the PSYCHOLOGISTS say so?
Are you not familiar with psychology as a field of study? Ph.D.'s in psychology do actual research in the areas of cognition, neuroscience, biology, etc. and then base their conclusions on the results of their data. They don't consult the Magic 8 Ball and go from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
4,147 posts, read 4,702,365 times
Reputation: 4817
Why? Organized religion. It has caused bigotry, terrorism, suicide, and pedophilia to varying degrees woeldwide from Northern Ireland to the Middle East to the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:11 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top