U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Seattle Area
3,455 posts, read 6,300,398 times
Reputation: 3583

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain
Who made you the expert, what qualifications do you have to make that statement?
It is best not to respond to troll posts.
I usually don't respond to the trolls...!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 PM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,661,867 times
Reputation: 6459
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I usually don't respond to the trolls...!
Sometimes it's so hard not to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:03 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,186,814 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
With the tittle of this thread what would anyone expect, the truth is just because a person does not agree they are not a anti-Homosexual nor a bigot, name calling tells a lot about that person, it's childish at the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is childish, and I for one is getting tired of being accused of hatred for not complying to the demands of the homosexuals and their supporters. Their anger and open hostility displays nothing but the weakness of their argument. Attacking the opponent personally is one of the oldest and most obvious tricks in the debating playbook. Yes, the title of the thread is a straw man insult and the mods should have intervened right off the bat.
The problem with your 'arguments' is that you seem to think your views have validity even if they aren't based on facts and evidence.

What is childish, is to continue to cling to views that have no basis in fact and are purely based on prejudice, misinformation and deliberate ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:13 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,186,814 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Surely you don't mean all those blacks that voted to ban gay marriage, do you?

Or the black pastors that are coming forward over the last couple of days to denounce GM...do you?
It's religious based anti-gay groups like NOM (the National Organization for Marriage) that have a deliberate agenda to fan the flames of racism on this issue. Thanks for showing us that it is a 'clever' (if not very Christian) strategy -because sadly, it seems to be working with people like you.


Same-Sex Marriage Debate: Racially Divisive NOM Memos Stir Controversy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:13 PM
 
Location: South Carolina - The Palmetto State
966 posts, read 1,520,791 times
Reputation: 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Simple...Homosexuality is not a deviant lifestyle...It is perfectly normal.
Darwin disagrees.

If your country is so evolved - why weren't you aborted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:29 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,186,814 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hmmm...so what's the difference between a bigot and someone who disagrees with you?
Are you saying you don't know the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:37 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,186,814 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yup.

American needs to make sure it doesn't fall behind.

California has followed western Europe -- and California is beyond repair.



City Data needs to evolve, and rename itself Gay Data.

Because it has been hijacked by homosexual activists.


Progress, baby, progress. Just like Greece and Spain. And France is next.

Homosexuals are not looked upon in a positive light in the USA.


Even if Barack Insane Obama professes his homosexual tendencies for political expedience.


What a boob. The Dem Convention is in North Carolina. NC just voted against gay rights.
NC just voted against rights for heterosexual defacto couples too, not just gay people. Same sex marriage was already illegal in NC. Just shows how dumb bigots are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:40 PM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,661,867 times
Reputation: 6459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Just shows how dumb bigots are.
This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,186,814 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In this case the target is straight people, and it is not only this thread, but the homosexuals and their supporters display the same attitude on every thread they participate in. It is obvious that the more demands they get through, the more militant they become. Practically all the name calling is coming from the homosexuals their their supporters, so the spirit of their hearts is plain for all to see, and it is not pretty. This kind of approach will do nothing for them except help them lose the support they have managed to gain. As you say, it brought out the worst of the worst, but I am talking about the radical homosexuals, who tarnish the name of all homosexuals.

Disrespecting and showing open contempt and hostility towards the the rest of the population is not going to help them gain more support, it will only reduce it.
The 'target' is not 'straight people'. It's intolerant bigots.

Jesus called the intolerant, bigoted, conservative Pharisees "Snakes! Blind fools!, Hypcrites!"

I suppose he would have been considered a 'militant liberal' by the Pharisees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:50 PM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,186,814 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are all the same. Anyone who does not agree 100% with the homosexual agenda is called "bigot" or "hater" or whatever else they can come up with. Such approach can do nothing except get people to stand up against such people.
If a person's 'agenda' is to wipe out gay people altogether, or force them to lie their whole lives by pretending to be 'straight', or to deny them the same rights and discriminate against them - all because of cherry-picked antiquated religious beliefs and willful ignorance, then yes, that person is a "bigot" or "hater".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top