U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 12:25 AM

17,853 posts, read 12,182,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It's best to not respond to troll threads and from the moment I conclude this post - I will give this thread the proper amount of attention it deserves - which is to say I will ignore it. If you must resort to calling people who simply support the sanctity of the institution of marriage, bigots - then you have already lost the argument. You may disagree with that opinion, but by using imflammatory language and name calling - your credibility has gone down the drain. This is nothing but a troll thread and I encourage anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty and integrity to join me in letting it fall slowly to the bottom of the pile where it belongs. Let sanspeur and his friends play in their hateful sandbox.

I think the 'inflammatory language' of Jesus to the bigoted Pharisees are appropriate here:

"Hypocrite! Blind fool!" (Matthew 23)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
that was beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I agree.

You are welcome. I think it's a great way of showing what the average ordinary gay person is really like in their daily lives.

The bigots on this thread seem to need to obsess about sex acts, misrepresent, demonize, negatively stereotype and vilify gay people to be able to 'rationalize' their ignorant and malicious views of gays and lesbians.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Thanks Jaymax, I already told them that I am hetero, but like many things we advocates for equality say it was ignored. Personally I don't really care what these people think of me, what is important to me is what I think of myself.
I've seen people like this assume you must be gay several times on these forums. It's kind of funny in a way.

Bigots often seem to ignore facts that are inconvenient.
I guess that's one of the main characteristics of bigotry.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:51 AM

30,827 posts, read 31,658,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I've seen people like this assume you must be gay several times on these forums. It's kind of funny in a way.

Bigots often seem to ignore facts that are inconvenient.
I guess that's one of the main characteristics of bigotry.
Lol, sheesh, I hope my girlfriends don't find out...

Old 05-19-2012, 12:54 AM

14,744 posts, read 13,251,868 times
Many people hate homosexuals, because they have a problem about lacking in forgiveness. They can't forgive the homosexuals from the distant past, who acted to displease God, leading to His destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. The outrageous demonstrations from the people of Westboro Church in Topeka show all too well what harboring this lack of forgiveness can do to one's soul.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Many people hate homosexuals, because they have a problem about lacking in forgiveness. They can't forgive the homosexuals from the distant past, who acted to displease God, leading to His destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. The outrageous demonstrations from the people of Westboro Church in Topeka show all too well what harboring this lack of forgiveness can do to one's soul.
The problem with this is:

Sodom and Gomorral are mythical cities. Jewish people (whose story it was) will tell you the moral of the story was about the laws/customs against inhospitality to strangers. Not about homosexuals.

The townsfolk who threatened to rape the two angel messengers were probably heterosexual, not homosexual.

Read the story of the Levite stranger in Judges 19. Similiar threat against a male stranger by the menfolk of the town - yet they ended up gang-raping his female concubine. Most anti-gay Christians I've come across have never even heard of this story - showing that most of them don't even read the whole Bible.

Straight men raping male strangers/prisoners of war etc to humiliate them was not an uncommon practice throughout human histoy - still happens.

The National Center for Victims of Crime - Library/Document Viewer

Old 05-19-2012, 02:53 AM

4,375 posts, read 2,747,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
...support the sanctity of the institution of marriage...
*yawn*

Look at this:

Furthermore:

*yawn*

Next?

Old 05-19-2012, 03:37 AM

503 posts, read 675,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Why? Organized religion. It has caused bigotry, terrorism, suicide, and pedophilia to varying degrees woeldwide from Northern Ireland to the Middle East to the USA.
How do you explain the exponentially worse problem with those exact circumstances in the atheistic and anti-religion Communist countries like the Soviet Union, China, North Korea and on and on?

Could it just be that you're entire premise is full of ****?

Old 05-19-2012, 04:25 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,862,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
How do you explain the exponentially worse problem with those exact circumstances in the atheistic and anti-religion Communist countries like the Soviet Union, China, North Korea and on and on?

Could it just be that you're entire premise is full of ****?
No, it's just that there are other factors in those countries that caused their issues. There are plenty of extremely atheistic countries existing today that have none of those problems.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:36 AM

7,451 posts, read 6,445,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Is it because there are so many fundamentalist Christians, or is there some other reason?...Giving gays equal rights takes nothing away from anyone. Since we have done this in Canada the bigotry has pretty much faded away...
I think ignorance was alive and well in the good ol' USA well before the rise of the Fundamentalists to power, though they certainly have contributed their share to it's growing popularity.

I think there are a lot of people that "doth protest too much" because they have detected feelings in themselves that they call "gay" and it scares them so they lash out at those that actually are gay to prove to themselves that they are not.

I know -- pretty sad and convoluted, but when faced with a sad and convoluted problem the rationale generally follows the same twisted course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies