U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-19-2012, 08:13 AM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,682,415 times
Reputation: 6459

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I've seen people like this assume you must be gay several times on these forums. It's kind of funny in a way.
I got a DM once from someone flat out asking me if I was gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2012, 02:13 PM
 
Location: Ohio
19,883 posts, read 14,224,806 times
Reputation: 16076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The problem with your 'arguments' is that you seem to think your views have validity even if they aren't based on facts and evidence.

What is childish, is to continue to cling to views that have no basis in fact and are purely based on prejudice, misinformation and deliberate ignorance.
My argument is entirely based on facts.

It is a fact that every single living organism on Earth has evolved to reproduce as efficiently as possible in order to ensure the continued survival of the species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Why is it so hard for you to do a little simple research? Why do you think that virtually every legitimate health or science source disagrees with you?

From the United States Department of Health and Human Services
Legitimate source?

Would those be the same legitimate sources that:

1] Lied for 50 years, claiming that the US never conducted nuclear weapons testing on US soil in order to avoid paying disability claims to Veterans injured in such tests?

2] Lied for 50 years, claiming that the US never conducted nuclear weapons testing on US soil in order to avoid paying damages to victims in New Jersey? (But made sure Eastman-Kodak took proper precautions)

3] Conducted illegal tests on Black men with syphilis?

4] Conducted illegal tests on Latin American men with STDs?

5] Conducted illegal radiation tests on patients at General (now University) Hospital in Cincinnati?

6] Insisted there were no back-pack nukes in Germany, when in fact there were 226?

7] Continuously tells the people how safe pharmaceuticals are, right up to the point those same pharmaceuticals have to be recalled due to the dangers they pose?

8] Repeatedly likes and distorts information?

I could go on and on for days.

The US is not to be trusted when dealing with issues that are politically charged, or socially or culturally sensitive (or where money is involved).

And what’s this?

Quote:
What Causes a Person To Have a Particular Sexual Orientation, or Inherent Sexuality?

There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation; most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.
Let us count the Weasel Words:

…numerous theories…most…most….likely…most…considerable….prob ably….

Where’s the science?

If mix Hydrochloric Acid and Sodium Hydroxide, do I most likely get H2O (Water) and a salt (namely Sodium Chloride – NaCl)? No, I certainly get it, and not only do I know I will, I can calculate precisely how much Water (H2O) and how much Salt (Sodium Chloride).

The evidence you have presented points toward a psychological basis.

Quote:
Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?
No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual
orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.
Again with the Weasel Words “….most people…” but not all – and that leaves the door open for a psychological basis that is not physiological.

Why don’t you tell us how the Board voted to change the DSM. After you do that, you can tell us which Board members were homosexuals and which were heterosexuals sympathetic to homosexuality.


Quote:
What Causes a Person To Have a Particular Racial Orientation, or Inherent Ethnicity?

There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's racial orientation; most scientists today agree that racial orientation is most likely the result of a complex interaction of cognitive and biological factors. In most people, racial orientation is shaped at an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's race. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a person's racial orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.
Please demonstrate how homosexuals procreate naturally. You can toss a video up on Useless Tube.

Scientifically...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How many times do we have to go through this with you people? 1500 State and Federal marriage benefits, protections against housing and employment discrimination, adoption rights, etc.
Then marry a homosexual of the opposite gender so that you can take advantage of the alleged benefits you believe everyone else gets. Nothing is stopping you. If you’re going to make believe that you are sexually normal, then you can most certainly make believe your marriage to an homosexual of the opposite gender is normal.

Your continuous ranting about “benefits” says a lot. Sounds like Penis Envy to the Nth Degree. Quit worrying about how much everyone else is getting.

Not pretending...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Funny thing about all of this....if you are a left winger in favor of gay marriage, then you consider yourself to be 'enlightened' and 'tolerant' and 'accepting of freedom for all'....and that same left wing 'tolerant' soul will attack a Christian in the most vicious way with name calling and denegration in any way shape or form.

Conversely, you never hear a left winger say a negative word about a muslim....or what is done to gays in the middle east...or to women for that matter. No....in the left wingers myopic viewpoint, on Christians should be attacked.

I find all of that very telling of the mindset of the average liberal. Generally speaking, liberals are 'tolerant' as long as your view mirrors theirs. If not...you are a loser...a nazi....a bigot...a homophobe....etc.

To me, that is why I generally pay no attention to the opinions of left wingers. To me, they are the most narrow minded people on the face of the Earth. Not to mention....their ideology is mainly what has this country in the horrible mess we find ourselves in.
Good points. I’ve notice that myself. Liberals claim to be tolerant of other cultures, so long as the other culture meets the approval of Liberals.

No doubt we know where Liberals stand on genital mutilation.

Liberally...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The other side is simply standing their ground and defending the status quo, they are not trying to change anything. You are the one trying to build some kind of 'movement' to change things, and you are the one who needs to win people over. However, your approach does nothing but push people away from your side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's what you people cannot comprehend. Others have every right to think homosexuality is immoral, and it does not make them bigots. In their eyes IT IS IMMORAL, and there is nothing wrong in saying it.

Does calling stealing immoral, make you a bigot against thieves? No, of course not.

This "accept it, or be a hater/bigot" attitude is what repulses me most about the homosexuals and their supporters. They seem completely incapable of tolarating anyone with an opposing view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the word "infested" tends to suggest they consider heterosexuals as some kind of vermin.
All good points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Perhaps it would go smooter if the homosexuals toned down the "everybody hates me" attitude.

Just an idea....
I suggested that on an earlier post. They refuse to heed my wise council.

Concurring...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Label me a bigot.

Yeah, I don't like homosexual people and believe their activities are disgusting, perverted and abnormal. What they do in the bedroom, or public bathroom whatever the case may be, is up to them but don't use political correctness to force me to publicly consider it normal when it isn't.
You cannot be labeled a bigot, unless your position is predicated on false beliefs.

That's what it's all about really. They want validation for their life-style. Unfortunately, there is a psychosis at play here. I'm sure you've met or heard of people who, no matter how loved they are, never feel they are loved enough. Makes for a really bad relationship.

It won't end with marriage, After that will come the quotas, because, well, they would be a validated and legitimate "minority."

Politically correct...


Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
OK, back on topic.....

The reason the USA is "so infested with anti gay bigots" is because there are a lot of people in this country who don't want to see homosexual unions receive legal recognition and they are not afraid to speak out against it. There may, or may not, be just as many such bigots (on a percentage basis) in other countries but to speak out against it may bring, at the least, public censure and, at the worst, charges of "hateful speech".

With the First Amendment protections for freedom of speech enshrined in our Constitution, it's just part of the American DNA to feel free to speak out.
Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Holocaust denial is against the law in Canada, is it not? The same as in Germany.
I’m from Cincinnati. We had Typhoid Mary, and a Typhoid Epidemic. And in order to stop the spread of Typhus, we cremated the victims. That was standard operating produce through the 1970s.
Both Jews and Germans readily admit that Typhus was rampant in camps, and that Auschwitz suffered repeated Typhoid Epidemics.

Yet, if I were to suggest that Jews were cremated because they died of Typhus and not because they were “gassed” I would be arrested for an Hate Crime.

Commiserating...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
What purpose is it to bring pedophiles into the conversation AT ALL?
Heterosexuality, homosexuality, pedophilia and paraphilia…

One of those things is not like the other others
(as they sing on Sesame Street)

Homosexuality, pedophilia and paraphilia are abnormal behaviors. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Me, personally, or gays in general? I don't have an agenda. I'm only posting because I find the name-calling on here most offensive.
Okay, the I will wait in earnest while you call out and criticize the OP for the thread title.

Pointing out the obvious....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
The difference however is that we can adumbrate our reasoning as to why we consider thievery to be immoral. We can go into long discussions about who it hurts, how and why we think hurting people in this way is immoral. For example I doubt we could get through such a discussion without discussing the concept of "consent" and how if you steal from someone it is taking their possessions without their "consent".

With homosexuality we are talking about the consensual acts between consensual people which in no way harm...
Your logic and reasoning are faulty.

Just as the absence of conflict is not peace, the absence of harm is not benefit or advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
No, it's not.

But labeling homosexuality perverse and immoral most assuredly is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
But pretending behavior is perverse and immoral when it is not... IS bigotry. Especially when a rational defensible basis for declaring it either perverse or immoral is never forthcoming when sought.
Once again, Bigotry is a special kind of prejudice based on beliefs that are false.

Do men have a vagina? Answer the question truthfully. Can homosexuals reproduce naturally to ensure the survival of the Human Species? Again, answer truthfully.

Anything that is not normal, is by definition abnormal. It is not normal, nor was it ever intended that members of the same gender have sexual relations.

Normally...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
In a subset of the population, it is a natural genetic deviation. Look around the animal kingdom and you'll see plenty of first-hand evidence. So you're just flat-out wrong. And regardless, no one is forcing you to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Oh, and humans fundamentally are animals. Phylum chordata, class mammalia. It's in your local biology textbook. And if you actually look at the fact that homosexuality exists in many instances in the animal kingdom, that's where your argument that it is by definition "unnatural" is clearly lost. Just because something looks "weird" or "funny" to you based on the narrow slice of the world you grew up in does not make it "unnatural."
Oh, super, I get to rain on your parade.

Pukipedia is not an authoritative source on anything, and here’s just one of hundreds of examples of posted. The Pukipedia article says this:

Quote:
Bonobo and other apes
The bonobo, which has a matriarchal society (unusual amongst apes), is a fully bisexual species -- both males and females engage in heterosexual and homosexual behavior, being noted for lesbianism in particular. About 60% of all sexual activity in this species is between two or more females. While the homosexual bonding system in bonobos represent the highest frequency of homosexuality known in any species, homosexuality has been reported for all great apes, including humans, as well as a number of other primate species
What the Pukipedia article cleverly and deceitfully fails to tell you is this:

Quote:
…bonobo sex often occurs in aggressive contexts totally unrelated to food. A jealous male might chase another away from a female, after which the two males reunite and engage in scrotal rubbing. Or after a female hits a juvenile, the latter's mother may lunge at the aggressor, an action that is immediately followed by genital rubbing between the two adults.
See Frans B. M. de Waal, "Bonobo Sex and Society," Scientific American, Mar. 1995, pp. 82-88

Quote:
Properly speaking, homosexuality does not exist among animals.... For reasons of survival, the reproductive instinct among animals is always directed towards an individual of the opposite sex. Therefore, an animal can never be homosexual as such.
See Antonio Pardo, "Aspectos medicos de la homosexualidad," Nuestro Tiempo, Jul.-Aug. 1995, pp. 82-89.

There's a gross equivocation here as the claim is made that...

Quote:
Lions are also homosexual. Male lions often band together with their brothers to lead the pride. To ensure loyalty, they strengthen the bonds by often having sex with each other.
...yet no one is able to provide evidence that lions actually penetrate each other.

Again, they often misconstrue animal behavior because they don't understand animal behavior, like this National Geographic article


Quote:
Taking something that's nonreproductive, like mounting another female—if it leads to control of a resource or acquisition of a resource or a good alliance partner, that could directly impact your reproductive success."
Mounting.

That is an act showing domination, not homosexual behavior.

Learn and understand the difference

Debunking...
Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
People that speak out against homosexual rights should at least have a reason other than the ick factor...There is no other reason that is valid.
I have repeatedly presented legitimate reasons based on evidence, which you have repeatedly ignored.

The sole function of Humans on Earth is to reproduce to ensure the survival of the Human Species. That is the sole function of every single organism that lives now, that ever lived and which will exist in the future.

The fact that Humans can do things that the vast overwhelming majority of life-forms cannot, does not alter the fact that the primary function, the sole purpose, the raison d’etre of Humans is to procreate.

If you have evidence to the contrary, then present it.

I'll wait with great anticip-p-p-p-pation.

I’m certain that many of you believe your sole purpose on this Earth is to listen to Depreche Mode on you iPod at Starsux while other people fund your life-style, but that belief is baseless and without merit.

If you have evidence that men have vaginas, or that women have penises, then present it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Mircea, so you think you are psychic do you?
No. I have no psychic ability. However, I don't have to be psychic to know that homosexuals are missing a key part of anatomy in order to properly function in a sexual relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
..First of all my "lifestyle" is none of your business,...
Then do not make it my business. You are free to do what you want, provided it costs me absolutely nothing at any time ever. You want to drag in the government and courts and a plethora of State, federal and local agencies for purposes of oversight or enforcement, then you are costing me money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Secondly, I have a transgendered cousin who I love and respect...This thread is about the right of homosexuals to marry, and throwing all these straw man arguments (like me omitting transgender and bi-sexual rights) into the mix is just making you look foolish.
And what "rights" does your, um, "transgendered" cousin want?

Those are not Straw Man Arguments. Go take Philosophy 101 at your local university so you can understand fallacious arguments.

Homosexuality is as equally abnormal as bi-sexuality and transgenderism and pedophilia and paraphilia and rape. Those behaviors are not normal, and there is nothing you or anyone else can say or do to make them normal.

I am willing to tolerate and over look homosexuality, but I cannot, do not and will not tolerate other abnormal behavior regardless of what it may be: pedophilia, paraphilia, rape, murder, burglary, theft, robbery, fraud, abuse (whether physical or substance-based), racism (real racism -- not prejudice, bigotry or bias intentionally misconstrued as racism for purposes of titillating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I read all of your posts that I can stand....Now I feel dirty.
You are responsible for, and have to take ownership of, your own feelings. That fact that you feel such is an admission that you know the difference between what is normal and what is abnormal, but cannot bring yourself to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Total unadulterated bull crap...Not even worth my time to reply to.
In other words, you got totally hammered from all sides and can’t muster up a cogent and logical response support by facts.

I’ll take that as a concession.

Tolerantly...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Murika
2,526 posts, read 2,598,519 times
Reputation: 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by mircea View Post
my argument is entirely based on facts.

It is a fact that every single living organism on earth has evolved to reproduce as efficiently as possible in order to ensure the continued survival of the species.



Legitimate source?

Would those be the same legitimate sources that:

1] lied for 50 years, claiming that the us never conducted nuclear weapons testing on us soil in order to avoid paying disability claims to veterans injured in such tests?

2] lied for 50 years, claiming that the us never conducted nuclear weapons testing on us soil in order to avoid paying damages to victims in new jersey? (but made sure eastman-kodak took proper precautions)

3] conducted illegal tests on black men with syphilis?

4] conducted illegal tests on latin american men with stds?

5] conducted illegal radiation tests on patients at general (now university) hospital in cincinnati?

6] insisted there were no back-pack nukes in germany, when in fact there were 226?

7] continuously tells the people how safe pharmaceuticals are, right up to the point those same pharmaceuticals have to be recalled due to the dangers they pose?

8] repeatedly likes and distorts information?

I could go on and on for days.

The us is not to be trusted when dealing with issues that are politically charged, or socially or culturally sensitive (or where money is involved).

And what’s this?

Let us count the weasel words:

…numerous theories…most…most….likely…most…considerable….prob ably….

Where’s the science?

If mix hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide, do i most likely get h2o (water) and a salt (namely sodium chloride – nacl)? No, i certainly get it, and not only do i know i will, i can calculate precisely how much water (h2o) and how much salt (sodium chloride).

The evidence you have presented points toward a psychological basis.

Again with the weasel words “….most people…” but not all – and that leaves the door open for a psychological basis that is not physiological.

Why don’t you tell us how the board voted to change the dsm. After you do that, you can tell us which board members were homosexuals and which were heterosexuals sympathetic to homosexuality.


Please demonstrate how homosexuals procreate naturally. You can toss a video up on useless tube.

scientifically...

mircea



then marry a homosexual of the opposite gender so that you can take advantage of the alleged benefits you believe everyone else gets. Nothing is stopping you. If you’re going to make believe that you are sexually normal, then you can most certainly make believe your marriage to an homosexual of the opposite gender is normal.

Your continuous ranting about “benefits” says a lot. Sounds like penis envy to the nth degree. Quit worrying about how much everyone else is getting.

not pretending...

mircea



good points. I’ve notice that myself. Liberals claim to be tolerant of other cultures, so long as the other culture meets the approval of liberals.

No doubt we know where liberals stand on genital mutilation.

liberally...

mircea







all good points.



I suggested that on an earlier post. They refuse to heed my wise council.

concurring...

mircea



you cannot be labeled a bigot, unless your position is predicated on false beliefs.

That's what it's all about really. They want validation for their life-style. Unfortunately, there is a psychosis at play here. I'm sure you've met or heard of people who, no matter how loved they are, never feel they are loved enough. Makes for a really bad relationship.

It won't end with marriage, after that will come the quotas, because, well, they would be a validated and legitimate "minority."

politically correct...


mircea



well said



i’m from cincinnati. We had typhoid mary, and a typhoid epidemic. And in order to stop the spread of typhus, we cremated the victims. That was standard operating produce through the 1970s.
Both jews and germans readily admit that typhus was rampant in camps, and that auschwitz suffered repeated typhoid epidemics.

Yet, if i were to suggest that jews were cremated because they died of typhus and not because they were “gassed” i would be arrested for an hate crime.

commiserating...

mircea



heterosexuality, homosexuality, pedophilia and paraphilia…

one of those things is not like the other others
(as they sing on sesame street)

homosexuality, pedophilia and paraphilia are abnormal behaviors. Get it?



Okay, the i will wait in earnest while you call out and criticize the op for the thread title.

pointing out the obvious....

mircea



your logic and reasoning are faulty.

Just as the absence of conflict is not peace, the absence of harm is not benefit or advantage.





Once again, bigotry is a special kind of prejudice based on beliefs that are false.

Do men have a vagina? Answer the question truthfully. Can homosexuals reproduce naturally to ensure the survival of the human species? Again, answer truthfully.

Anything that is not normal, is by definition abnormal. It is not normal, nor was it ever intended that members of the same gender have sexual relations.

normally...

mircea





oh, super, i get to rain on your parade.

Pukipedia is not an authoritative source on anything, and here’s just one of hundreds of examples of posted. The pukipedia article says this:

What the pukipedia article cleverly and deceitfully fails to tell you is this:

see frans b. M. De waal, "bonobo sex and society," scientific american, mar. 1995, pp. 82-88

see antonio pardo, "aspectos medicos de la homosexualidad," nuestro tiempo, jul.-aug. 1995, pp. 82-89.

there's a gross equivocation here as the claim is made that...

...yet no one is able to provide evidence that lions actually penetrate each other.

Again, they often misconstrue animal behavior because they don't understand animal behavior, like this national geographic article


mounting.

that is an act showing domination, not homosexual behavior.

Learn and understand the difference

debunking...
mircea



i have repeatedly presented legitimate reasons based on evidence, which you have repeatedly ignored.

The sole function of humans on earth is to reproduce to ensure the survival of the human species. That is the sole function of every single organism that lives now, that ever lived and which will exist in the future.

The fact that humans can do things that the vast overwhelming majority of life-forms cannot, does not alter the fact that the primary function, the sole purpose, the raison d’etre of humans is to procreate.

If you have evidence to the contrary, then present it.

I'll wait with great anticip-p-p-p-pation.

I’m certain that many of you believe your sole purpose on this earth is to listen to depreche mode on you ipod at starsux while other people fund your life-style, but that belief is baseless and without merit.

If you have evidence that men have vaginas, or that women have penises, then present it.



No. I have no psychic ability. However, i don't have to be psychic to know that homosexuals are missing a key part of anatomy in order to properly function in a sexual relationship.



Then do not make it my business. You are free to do what you want, provided it costs me absolutely nothing at any time ever. You want to drag in the government and courts and a plethora of state, federal and local agencies for purposes of oversight or enforcement, then you are costing me money.



And what "rights" does your, um, "transgendered" cousin want?

Those are not straw man arguments. Go take philosophy 101 at your local university so you can understand fallacious arguments.

Homosexuality is as equally abnormal as bi-sexuality and transgenderism and pedophilia and paraphilia and rape. Those behaviors are not normal, and there is nothing you or anyone else can say or do to make them normal.

I am willing to tolerate and over look homosexuality, but i cannot, do not and will not tolerate other abnormal behavior regardless of what it may be: Pedophilia, paraphilia, rape, murder, burglary, theft, robbery, fraud, abuse (whether physical or substance-based), racism (real racism -- not prejudice, bigotry or bias intentionally misconstrued as racism for purposes of titillating).



You are responsible for, and have to take ownership of, your own feelings. That fact that you feel such is an admission that you know the difference between what is normal and what is abnormal, but cannot bring yourself to see that.



In other words, you got totally hammered from all sides and can’t muster up a cogent and logical response support by facts.

I’ll take that as a concession.

tolerantly...

mircea
tl;dr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 02:40 PM
 
20,976 posts, read 16,256,431 times
Reputation: 10270
Why is America so infested with gays?

It goes against evolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Seattle Area
3,455 posts, read 6,310,932 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why is America so infested with gays?

It goes against evolution.
Right up there in the top ten most ridiculous posts I've read on CD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 04:59 PM
 
1,812 posts, read 1,168,701 times
Reputation: 1887
The sole function of Humans on Earth is to reproduce to ensure the survival of the Human Species.

What complete drivel. If that were the case we would still be living in caves and every non pregnant woman would be fair game for for the first male who could inseminate her. There would be no marrage especially monogamous as that is the most inefficient form of simply populating the planet with humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 05:02 PM
 
1,812 posts, read 1,168,701 times
Reputation: 1887
No. I have no psychic ability. However, I don't have to be psychic to know that homosexuals are missing a key part of anatomy in order to properly function in a sexual relationship.

So all marriage is solely sexual in your way of thinking? No one is allowed to marry unless they can reproduce?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 05:16 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,884 posts, read 13,030,934 times
Reputation: 5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Is it because there are so many fundamentalist Christians, or is there some other reason?...Giving gays equal rights takes nothing away from anyone. Since we have done this in Canada the bigotry has pretty much faded away...

LGBT rights in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that is like asking why is the USA so infested with so many people that are hoplophobes in both the democrat and republican parties?

also, since you live in canada, why the heck do you care, not your country in any place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 05:17 PM
 
503 posts, read 676,800 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
No, it's just that there are other factors in those countries that caused their issues. There are plenty of extremely atheistic countries existing today that have none of those problems.
Nice equivocation and ducking of the obvious.

You people are insane and so blinded by your ideology that you caan't even face facts.

Insane....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2012, 06:38 PM
 
3,378 posts, read 3,240,921 times
Reputation: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No, it's not.

Cake company run by a Christian, devout Jew or Muslim? Refuse to service a gay wedding, prepare to be sued or forced to. Christian counselors who denounce certain homosexual behaviors to someone seeking guidance will be called on "civil rights" violations.

We're already seeing some of this with the Feds putting their neck in the controversy of Catholic-based workplaces providing birth control benefits.
the truth speaks loud and clear! Most US citizens (i.e. voters) know this, and that is why Obama will lose in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top