U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,757,430 times
Reputation: 1041

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Why is America so infested with gays?
Why does your God (or whatever invisible being you believe in) keep putting them on this planet?

I find it very strange that you would be so offended by someone being gay. The only people who do are those who have inner latent homosexual issues to contend with and those who are close minded. Are you suggesting that you're one of those types?

Homosexual men and women are actually pretty cool people (yes there are bad seeds, same goes for the heterosexuals you love to protect so much) and my best friend is a lesbian.

Why is America infested with bigots that share your mindset?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:43 AM
 
9,536 posts, read 4,874,837 times
Reputation: 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
I have yet to read or hear one logical explanation (other than biblical quotes, bigotry, and preaching), as to why Gay couples, [snip] should not have the same right to have their relationship protected under eyes of the law?[snip]So the opponents to equal rights for Gays can only run to the bible, pull out some verses and interpret them as they see fit, and then preach to the masses that this is how God wants it to be. Yes, they want to impose their religious beliefs on society and could care less about separation of church and state. I know, no specific church sanctions them, but we all know it's the way it works.

[snip]
Let's say someone opposes ssm because they don't want federal and state programs like social security or health insurance to pay out more money. Is that bigotry ?

Is there a single court case that ruled bans on ssm violate the 1st amendment's establishment/free exercise clause. I'm not sure ssm advocates have even offered that argument in a courtroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
2,240 posts, read 2,780,716 times
Reputation: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Let's say someone opposes ssm because they don't want federal and state programs like social security or health insurance to pay out more money. Is that bigotry ?

Is there a single court case that ruled bans on ssm violate the 1st amendment's establishment/free exercise clause. I'm not sure ssm advocates have even offered that argument in a courtroom.
WTF does that have to do with granting Gays the right to marry?

It makes ZERO sense. As if Gays don't pay social security tax or health insurance premiums.

Really, anti SSM folks don't have any legitimate legal leg to stand on. The Supreme Court will strike down DOMA. That is the first major huddle that will be dealt with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 PM
 
9,536 posts, read 4,874,837 times
Reputation: 3878
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
WTF does that have to do with granting Gays the right to marry?

It makes ZERO sense. As if Gays don't pay social security tax or health insurance premiums.

Really, anti SSM folks don't have any legitimate legal leg to stand on. The Supreme Court will strike down DOMA. That is the first major huddle that will be dealt with.
Wow !!! ??? If you're not aware of how ssm affects eligibility for a variety of social security and other public benefit programs, you should stick to calling people names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, California
4,375 posts, read 2,757,430 times
Reputation: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
ssm affects eligibility for a variety of social security and other public benefit programs.
Can you explain how SSM affects social security and other programs? I don't know any affects it could possibly have. I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Southern NC
1,920 posts, read 4,349,177 times
Reputation: 2517
I find it amusing that bigoted people....when called out by people fighting for equal rights for all....call us bigots because we think everyone deserves the same rights...just like our Constitution says.
If I'm a bigot for demanding all humans receive the same equal rights....then by all means...call me a bigot....but that's a lame way to defend your arguement.
If you are a bigot who doesn't like gays or thinks they don't deserve equal rights....at least own that opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 PM
 
Location: California
11,436 posts, read 17,157,275 times
Reputation: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Wow !!! ??? If you're not aware of how ssm affects eligibility for a variety of social security and other public benefit programs, you should stick to calling people names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Southern NC
1,920 posts, read 4,349,177 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Wow !!! ??? If you're not aware of how ssm affects eligibility for a variety of social security and other public benefit programs, you should stick to calling people names.
I would love to see a detailed explaination of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 12:35 PM
 
Location: California
11,436 posts, read 17,157,275 times
Reputation: 12500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I find it amusing that bigoted people....when called out by people fighting for equal rights for all....call us bigots because we think everyone deserves the same rights...just like our Constitution says.
If I'm a bigot for demanding all humans receive the same equal rights....then by all means...call me a bigot....but that's a lame way to defend your arguement.
If you are a bigot who doesn't like gays or thinks they don't deserve equal rights....at least own that opinion.
Your more of a hypocritical bigot to tell the truth, you call others a bigot for having their own opinion which is bigoted because you have your own opinion and hypocritical at the same time. also you say people don't like Homosexuals but just because we don't agree with them it doesn't equal your accusation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2012, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Southern NC
1,920 posts, read 4,349,177 times
Reputation: 2517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Your more of a hypocritical bigot to tell the truth, you call others a bigot for having their own opinion which is bigoted because you have your own opinion and hypocritical at the same time. also you say people don't like Homosexuals but just because we don't agree with them it doesn't equal your accusation.
That's an ignorant arguement...you are denying other's rights because of your opinion.
I disagree with religion, but I'm not fighting to deny rights to the religious.
This is the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top