Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 10:44 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He just didn't feel the discrimination so many here say they do.
He should have logged onto this forum and read the countless threads about homosexuality and seen how every thread about said subject eventually breaks down into accusations of anal sex, disease, drug use and child molestation (hmmmm, who brought THAT last one to the discussion Roy ol' boy?) and various other activities, real or imagined, that some on here love to discuss ad nauseum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:55 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Because so many of religious faith think homosexuals are not worthy of having equal rights, because their sexual behavior is so revolting. I say if a person's sexual behavior is revolting, but doesn't try to include you, then quite trying to make a gay's sexual behavior your business.
It's because christians always want to tell everyone else what to do, they are control freaks and feel offended (and persecuted) at any disagreement.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I've never understood this argument from homos. I inherited the entire estate of a gay friend. I visited him in the hospital when he was dying.

He covered his butt where I was concerned. It's not rocket science. All the gay whining just proves they aren't half as smart as they seem to think they are.

And no, I'm not gay. My friend and I were just that: Friends. No more, no less.
Yes, but he left a will, right? Without a will, no matter how long a same sex couple have been together the surviving partner has no claim to any inheritance.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:59 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Much of the U.S. population is uneducated, ignorant and content to remain that way. They are resistant to change. These people cling to the church to tell them right from wrong and reject anything they perceive as different. It wouldn't matter if science found conclusive proof that homosexualty is genetically determined or is determined in utero. They've already made up their minds. Logic doesn't work for people like this. Their identity is wrapped up in the beliefs they were raised with and they fear anything that threatens their perceived reality. I'm not sure why homosexuals feel the need for everyone to approve of them? Yes, laws need to change to ensure equality but 100% public acceptance will never happen. And why care? If I lived my life worrying about all the people who don't approve of how I live my life I would be living it for someone else. It would be nice to live in an enlightened community where people are open to new ideas and learning but this is the "good ole U.S.A., home of good ole boy underachievers living in the past, waiting for those low skilled high paying jobs their parents had. All they have is their anger, let them have it.
disgruntled? Your points about gays wanting acceptance is very true.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:15 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default Why is the USA so infested with anti gay bigots?

Such a childish tittle for a thread, start right out with name calling and you claim it's not a mental disorder

Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
For the same reasons the USA is infested with anti-straight bigots who definitely have a bias against the normal heterosexual male.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
..anti-straight bigots who definitely have a bias against the normal heterosexual male.
How so?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
It's because christians always want to tell everyone else what to do, they are control freaks and feel offended (and persecuted) at any disagreement.
I know a number of Christian gay people. Do they seem to be control freaks to you?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:51 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
You're calling ME a liberal? You're funny.
I can tell you hate freedom and america. it's folks like you that want to take my guns away

Old 05-14-2012, 11:53 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,420,553 times
It's the fear-laden social conservative attitude that exists throughout rural areas and has been placed into suburban areas through migration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies