Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:40 PM

503 posts, read 807,322 times

Advertisements

And why do I care what someone in Canada thinks, eh?

Other than Moosehead and Rush, I can't think of any viable reason to care whether Canada exists at all.

Why don't you ask about the type of tolerance practiced by the Muslims that are invading your country and your beloved Europe? What happens to homosexuals in that religion as a matter of doctrine?

Now....compare that to the "bigotry" that exists in the United States and get back to me.

Take off, eh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 11:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it sounds a little like what are all these straight people doing in my gay country?
lol - i am a "straight" personin "your" country - LA County - are you trying to refer to me?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:44 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
I have asked YOu at least twice(and i think - thrice) - when have I ever acted as a "bigot"? And if you are so "tolerant" then why do you not present youself that way?
Perhaps I have misunderstood you. Let me ask you, how do you feel about homosexuals? Do you think they are equal and should enjoy the rights that every other citizen has?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:45 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well in MY eyes I am the judge. Sorry.
Aha - I understand that you condemn this particular lifestyle and that is your right. Do I assume correctly that part of this condemnation has to do with your religious faith?

You see, you don't have to endorse homosexuality at all. Granting equal rights simply means that you endorse the Constitution - even if doing so requires YOU to pay a price. Just like YOU pay a price when somebody offends you with their freedom of speech. It's part and parcel of living in a society that values freedom and equality. Being offended by somebody's existence (or perhaps, if you subscribe to that belief - his/her choices) does not warrant discrimination.

Even more, granting something positive to a group you really despise seems very much like the Christian idea of turning the other cheek to me.

EDIT: Perhaps you are not Christian at all. What do you base your condemnation on, then?

Old 05-13-2012, 11:46 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bowman View Post
And why do I care what someone in Canada thinks, eh?

Other than Moosehead and Rush, I can't think of any viable reason to care whether Canada exists at all.

Why don't you ask about the type of tolerance practiced by the Muslims that are invading your country and your beloved Europe? What happens to homosexuals in that religion as a matter of doctrine?

Now....compare that to the "bigotry" that exists in the United States and get back to me.

Take off, eh.
LOL...funny!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Aha - I understand that you condemn this particular lifestyle and that is your right. Do I assume correctly that part of this condemnation has to do with your religious faith?

You see, you don't have to endorse homosexuality at all. Granting equal rights simply means that you endorse the Constitution - even if doing so requires YOU to pay a price. Just like YOU pay a price when somebody offends you with their freedom of speech. It's part and parcel of living in a society that values freedom and equality. Being offended by somebody's existence (or perhaps, if you subscribe to that belief - his/her choices) does not warrant discrimination.

Even more, granting something positive to a group you really despise seems very much like the Christian idea of turning the other cheek to me.

EDIT: Perhaps you are not Christian at all. What do you base your condemnation on, then?
I only condemn crybabies running around squealing, trying to somehow equate it to slavery, and prancing around demanding they deserve this and that.

As for the "lifestyle" you can go play with other folks body parts that defecate all you want but don't come around telling me it's normal behavior. It's not. Do it at home and take a shower afterwards and we're fine. Hell as long as you don't touch me we can be best friends. I don't want fecal matter all over me. That is what Jesus would tell you.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well, it needs to evolve, as you are now falling behind of the rest of the western world.

One's rights are always at odds with the rights of other people.

For that specific reason, even those rights named in the Constitution are not absolute.

My right to speak freely does not give me the right to falsely accuse an innocent person of a crime or to sell the nation's secrets to a foreign power.

To undertake either of these activities would deprive others of their rights.

Largely because much has been done to right the wrongs done to true victim groups, continuing to stay politically relevant has become a challenge for the left.

As a result, the left in America has recently adopted homosexuals as a new victim group complete with all sorts of made up rights which they have allegedly been deprived of by imagined bigots.

This symbiotic relationship between homosexuals and liberals seems to make sense on some level until we start trying to apply equal qualifications to homosexuals as a victim group which would necessarily apply to other victim groups.

The most obvious problem is that unless one can think in such a way as to belong to a minority group, one must perform a voluntary act to be a homosexual.

Since no one may simply volunteer to be a member of a protected class, bestowing special rights on homosexuals becomes problematic.

Now along comes same-sex marriage.

Marriage in America has always been limited to two unrelated persons of the opposite sex.

States have historically applied other requirements, but at a minimum being unrelated and of opposite sexes has always applied.

Couples have entered into marriage with this stipulation in place such that their union is defined in law in a way which is acceptable to them.

What now gives homosexuals and their liberal friends the right to alter married couple's contracts after they have been signed by changing the legal definition of marriage?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
The religious are the bigots obviously...A person who protests against bigots is not a bigot.

And anyone you don't like is a bigot...how convenient!

Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
The only pervs I see here are the bigots that hate others for no reason at all.

Hate is a pretty strong, and not to mention overused, word.

Could you provide us with some examples of widespread bigotry and hate directed against homosexuals which is not simply a difference of opinion?

Old 05-14-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulseoul View Post
Or another idea is that conservatives who are in favor of limited government and homophobic Christians (just the homophobic ones) should actually stop be contradictory and hypocritical in their messages. We should have personal freedoms, but the government should regulate the rights of a certain group of people. We should love your own neighbor, except if (s)he is homosexual.

Do you know anyone who is truly afraid of homosexuals?

I'm pushing 50 and I have yet to meet one of thes "homophobes" you refer to.

What rights have you been deprived of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies