Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 07:16 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Harrier - you are obviously bi-sexual. You see, I am heterosexual and there is nothing in this world that could make me be attracted to a man. It's just not going to happen. Sure, I can engage in a sexual act with a man by choice, but that hardly makes me a homosexual. I have a choice when it comes to my actions, but I have no choice when it comes to my sexual attraction.

You think that it is a choice for a reason: It is for you. However, for people who are either homosexual or heterosexual, it simply is not a choice.
It would be simple (although rather costly) to find out the truth by performing an fMRI scan of his brain while hooking him up to a penile plesmograph.

For some reason I thought that poster was female. Maybe it was because he said he loved his cat and wanted to marry it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 07:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
. Maybe it was because he said he loved his cat and wanted to marry it.
Would you object to the marriage?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"If so, you must have really been pissed when your "marriage contract was altered" by legislation that made raping your wife illegal."

That is something you'll have to take up with a rapist, and the act was always illegal.
And that's where you are wrong. Rape wasn't considered illegal in marriage in all States until the mid 1990's.

Quote:
"What about those men who were married at a time when wives were the property of their husbands? Those guys must have been really pissed when their marriage contract was "altered".

White people property in America? Have any records of white husbands buying and selling their white wives (property) in America?
Strawman argument. You don't know much history do you?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:26 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
It isn't infested at all.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It isn't infested at all.
RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDD???!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,505,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier
I have already answered this question - yes - sexual "orientation" is a choice - if I wished to I could choose to be "gay". I do not - I choose to be "straight"

If you can choose your sexual orientation you are in a very small minority, probably just made up of you. I'm straight and there is no way I could choose to be a lesbian. I could of course choose to have sex with another woman but I couldn't fall in love with her or be turned on by other women. I also couldn't choose to not be turned on by men anymore and not to fall in love with men. I can't control my feelings to that extent. I've always been interested in boys and have never seen another woman as a potential sexual or romantic partner and I couldn't no matter how much I tried.
Are you seriously telling me that you could be attracted to someone of the same sex?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Attraction is a choice - once again you are attempting to paint it as an inborn trait - which it is not. I am not attracted to both genders - but I could be attracted to men if I chose to. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Why is it so hard for you to do a little simple research? Why do you think that virtually every legitimate health or science source disagrees with you?

From the United States Department of Health and Human Services

Quote:
What Causes a Person To Have a Particular Sexual Orientation, or Inherent Sexuality?
There are numerous theories about the origins of a person's sexual orientation; most scientists today agree that sexual orientation
is most likely the result of a complex interaction of cognitive and biological factors. In most people, sexual orientation is shaped at
an early age. There is also considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play
a significant role in a person's sexuality. In summary, it is important to recognize that there are probably many reasons for a
person's sexual orientation and the reasons may be different for different people.
Quote:
Is Sexual Orientation a Choice?
No, human beings can not choose to be either gay or straight. Sexual orientation emerges for most people in early adolescence
without any prior sexual experience. Although we can choose whether to act on our feelings, psychologists do not consider sexual
orientation to be a conscious choice that can be voluntarily changed.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Why is it so hard for you to do a little simple research? Why do you think that virtually every legitimate health or science source disagrees with you?

From the United States Department of Health and Human Services

[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
The psychologists are wrong. Perhaps a session on the couch will help them.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:36 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
And that's where you are wrong. Rape wasn't considered illegal in marriage in all States until the mid 1990's.

Strawman argument. You don't know much history do you?
You should know by now that these bigots never, ever do any fact checking before posting their nonsense...That is why they are constantly looking ignorant and foolish.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The psychologists are wrong.
Because YOU say so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies