Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 05:41 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,479,843 times

Advertisements

Why is America so infested with gays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 05:44 AM

716 posts, read 558,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Why is America so infested with gays?
Why do they feel threatened by guys like me is the real question? LMAO They can't even take some morning going to breakfast "guy" talk before heading to the lake without INSISTING it's bragging! lol lol lol Here's a clue y'all...you wouldn't last long in the diner with the MEN!

Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 AM

716 posts, read 558,218 times
Now if you will excuse me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Orlando Wilson Fishing Show - Intro - YouTube

Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 AM

33,518 posts, read 37,111,020 times
That's not fishing...Fishing is how I earned my living for 25 years....I'd like to see those guys 100 miles off shore in 45 foot waves...

Old 06-03-2012, 07:03 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Is it because there are so many fundamentalist Christians, or is there some other reason?...Giving gays equal rights takes nothing away from anyone. Since we have done this in Canada the bigotry has pretty much faded away...

LGBT rights in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marriage is not a right....there are NO RIGHTS being denided to gays in the US.

Canada is not an example that I would choose to follow.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:06 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,228,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Marriage is not a right....there are NO RIGHTS being denided to gays in the US.

Canada is not an example that I would choose to follow.
I have yet to read or hear one logical explanation (other than biblical quotes, bigotry, and preaching), as to why Gay couples, who are already in committed relationships, who have families of their own, who are part of our communities, are citizens of this country, are our family, friends, co-workers and neighbors, not have the same right to have their relationship protected under eyes of the law?

Why do anti Gay-Marriage proponents feel that society will collapse if same sex marriage were to become legal? How would a married gay couple affect their personal lives or that of society as a whole in any negative way? I have yet to see their side provide the public with any documentation or any fact based evidence from countries and states that do allow same sex marriage, showing the negative impacts and effects from the laws in their jurisdictions. I wonder why? Oh! I know why! It's because there is no overall negative impact or effect in society as a whole. It strengthens families and communities. So the opponents to equal rights for Gays can only run to the bible, pull out some verses and interpret them as they see fit, and then preach to the masses that this is how God wants it to be. Yes, they want to impose their religious beliefs on society and could care less about separation of church and state. I know, no specific church sanctions them, but we all know it's the way it works.

So we have a bunch of people wanting to tell consenting adults in committed relationships that they as citizens and fellow human beings are not equal to straight couples and do not deserve protection under the same laws we all live under, all because of their own personal religious beliefs. That heterosexuals are just better and more deserving people. Obviously, they are superior to Gays and their families - yes, Gays have families - and thus can only have exclusive access to all the rights and privileges awarded to them by our government. Because, they'll be damned if a Gay person who's dedicated their life to their partner, who has built up a life together, should ever have the right to make emergency medical decisions for their partners if need be. No, only straight couples should have that right, among many others, because their love is just worth more.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,479,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
Why do they feel threatened by guys like me is the real question? LMAO They can't even take some morning going to breakfast "guy" talk before heading to the lake without INSISTING it's bragging! lol lol lol Here's a clue y'all...you wouldn't last long in the diner with the MEN!
I had a distant cousin who was gay. He grew up in L.A. He died from AIDS ten years ago. But he came back to Michigan for a funeral one time and he was telling me about how much he loved kids. We were in a small playground area watching some kids. I'm not sure if he meant he loved kids or if he meant he really loved kids. You could see something funny in his eyes. And at that time we were only guessing that he was gay. Anyway that was a long time ago.

As far as sitting in the diner. What man wants to sit around a table and discuss drapes and valences?

Old 06-03-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I had a distant cousin who was gay. He grew up in L.A. He died from AIDS ten years ago. But he came back to Michigan for a funeral one time and he was telling me about how much he loved kids. We were in a small playground area watching some kids. I'm not sure if he meant he loved kids or if he meant he really loved kids. You could see something funny in his eyes. And at that time we were only guessing that he was gay. Anyway that was a long time ago.

As far as sitting in the diner. What man wants to sit around a table and discuss drapes and valences?
Interesting post.

For every gay pedophile, we can find multiple straight ones. That has nothing to do with being gay or straight. To try to attach that as a given with being Gay is very misleading and ignorant.

And men who sit around tables to discuss drapes are usually interior decoraters, a respected profession.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 AM

99 posts, read 68,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBandit View Post
Here's a little hint. *Real* men don't go around sticking up for gay men. Throw them the beating of their lives? Nah, probably not. Go around spewing their love me and love the USA rubbish? Nah, I haven't seen one yet that did. Most have have the "get the hell away from me" attitude.

Is that like "real" Americans? or better yet, "real" patriots?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
Is that like "real" Americans? or better yet, "real" patriots?
Or "real' Soldiers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies